Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Yao Ming out for rest of playoffs with left foot hairline fracture!

Point #1: This is why Yao Ming is not the best center in the NBA. Durability is a major factor in being the best. Dwight and Duncan almost never seem to be injured, while Yao seems to go down during or just before every single post-season. Leaving alone the fact that he probably isn`t the best center even when healthy, his persistent injuries basically disqualify him from contention against legitimate iron men like Howard and Duncan (who also happen to be better rebounders, defenders, and shot-blockers).

Point #2: There is no way the Rockets can win another game on the Lakers' home court without Yao. This series was over as soon as Yao got that tiny fracture. The Rockets may still take it to 7 games, but it would take a straight up choke job by the Lakers to lose game 7 at Staples with no Yao involved. Although they certainly took the first step by laying down against the Rockets last night.

Point #3: Despite my belief that Yao can not be considered the best center in the NBA, he is undeniably one of the best centers outside the top 2 or 3 in spite of his injury-proneness, and a very smart and skilled freak-of-nature basketball player, and I wish that he could stop being injured for the playoffs. I really like him as a player, he is incredibly skilled for his size and has a lot of heart, so I really would like him to stay healthy for the playoffs. And I think the key to that is playing him much less minutes during the regular season, and for that to happen the Rockets need to get an actual backup center. I mean they have 42 year-old career-ended Dike, 6'7 Carl Landry, 6'6 Chuck Hayes, 6'8 never-used Brian Cook and 6'7 never-used Joey Dorsey. They need a legit 6'10+ backup center who can give Yao up to 20 minutes of rest a night and still allow them to win games.

"Go Big or Go Home" miniharrison37's Avatar

Almost everybody is even hating on the Lakers even more, because Yao is out, but they still don't think about Artest and Battier.

NBA lottery pick

People need to understand without yao, we become a better defensive team. we run more traps, teams cant run the pick&roll due to yao being so slow, we become better at off the ball and on the ball movement. our offense generates from our defense. so what we are doing now is playing counter attack ball. we harrass teams with either tap defense or press defense and cause TO's and push the ball all the way to the other end to offense.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    People need to understand without yao, we become a better defensive team. we run more traps, teams cant run the pick&roll due to yao being so slow, we become better at off the ball and on the ball movement. our offense generates from our defense. so what we are doing now is playing counter attack ball. we harrass teams with either tap defense or press defense and cause TO's and push the ball all the way to the other end to offense.
    Wait until your front court get burned inside next game.

College superstar

If only Yao was like half a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter.

Local High School Star

/career

Quote Originally Posted by BonyFaceNDong
    Wait until your front court get burned inside next game.
    By Chance can you tell me the final score too, I wanna win big in Vegas and you seem to be able to predict the future and all.

Oh, and giving me the Texas Lottery Numbers for Tomorrow would great too, I'll cut you 15%

Thanks Buddy!

Why is...those things? TheGrassIsGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    If only Yao was like half a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter.
    He would be a poor man's Tim Duncan. I'd take it.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by brandonman
    By Chance can you tell me the final score too, I wanna win big in Vegas and you seem to be able to predict the future and all.

Oh, and giving me the Texas Lottery Numbers for Tomorrow would great too, I'll cut you 15%

Thanks Buddy!
    This is all about probability. Lottery numbers are not predictable because odds is too small to get the exact number. But Rockets front court is undersized, that's a fact, sooner or later they'd be exposed for that. This is predictable. Kobe scored 15 points last game, but the odds that is very small too, so it's also predictable that he'll score more than 15 in tonight's game.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonman

Thanks Buddy!
    Can I get in on this? I could use the money.

Quote Originally Posted by BonyFaceNDong
    This is all about probability. Lottery numbers are not predictable because odds is too small to get the exact number. But Rockets front court is undersized, that's a fact, sooner or later they'd be exposed for that. This is predictable. Kobe scored 15 points last game, but the odds that is very small too, so it's also predictable that he'll score more than 15 in tonight's game.
    Whether I agree or dis-agree, whether you are right or wrong, Good Post.

I just wanted an explanation.

I agree, Not having a big guy will catch up to the Rockets and odds are it will happen against LA, and odds are it will happen tonight in Game 5.

I'll Give you all That