Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which guns did Adam Lanza use in the Sandy Hook shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Yep.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    What is wrong with conspiracy theories. They get so much hate, but it's so stupid because their method is skepticism.

This is why the educational system is so f*cked up: it only tells you how and what to think but it never tells you to question so call "facts." It even comes up with a made term "objectivity" to kill all sorts of skepticism.

Socrates was the father of philosophy because he simply said, "I don't know anything, so I will deny everything and keep looking for answers."

All these kids think they know everything because they are too stupid to think for themselves and need someone of authority to tell them how to think: if the teacher says it, it is true; if the media says it, it is true, if my parents, government, tradition, etc. says it is true, then it must be true.

You get the gist.

The smartest people I know are the ones who are always skeptical and asking questions.

It is when you deny this or that and act like you already know it all is when you are acting stupid.

So f*ck the haters Riddler and keep on pondering for answers you feel aren't there. At least you can take solace in knowing you are not just a tool who believes whatever they are being told.
    Why do people like you think you're the only skeptical people? Where is the skepticism towards these wacky conspiracy theories? It's one thing to be skeptical and another to buy into whatever bullshit conspiracy theorists twist to fit their agendas. Some people require compelling evidence while people like you seem to cling to whatever flimsy nonsense comes their way. Also, have you ever heard of Occam's razor? But whatever, keep up with your stupid generalizations if they help you sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    There is so much skepticism surrounding Sandy Hook that CNN finally had to address it!!!!
    Another reason why the media is addressing it is because there's conspiracy theorist assholes out there harassing the people of Newtown.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

What is wrong with conspiracy theories. They get so much hate, but it's so stupid because their method is skepticism.

This is why the educational system is so f*cked up: it only tells you how and what to think but it never tells you to question so call "facts." It even comes up with a made term "objectivity" to kill all sorts of skepticism.

Socrates was the father of philosophy because he simply said, "I don't know anything, so I will deny everything and keep looking for answers."

All these kids think they know everything because they are too stupid to think for themselves and need someone of authority to tell them how to think: if the teacher says it, it is true; if the media says it, it is true, if my parents, government, tradition, etc. says it is true, then it must be true.

You get the gist.

The smartest people I know are the ones who are always skeptical and asking questions.

It is when you deny this or that and act like you already know it all is when you are acting stupid.

So f*ck the haters Riddler and keep on pondering for answers you feel aren't there. At least you can take solace in knowing you are not just a tool who believes whatever they are being told.
    Here is the problem. You let your philosophical enquiry die at the birth of the 20th century. Read Karl Popper and then you will understand the difference between skepticism and the popular conspiracy theory method.

Skepticism is not about asking unwarranted questions, it is about questioning a claim. Conspiracy theorists make claims, they don't ask questions, they take random data points and find a pattern, and based on some correlation they make an assertion. That isn't science and it isn't skepticism.
    Last edited by miller-time; 01-19-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Here is the problem. You let your philosophical enquiry die at the birth of the 20th century. Read Karl Popper and then you will understand the difference between skepticism and the popular conspiracy theory method.

Skepticism is not about accepting unwarranted questions, it is about questioning a claim. Conspiracy theorists make claims, they don't ask questions, they take random data points and find a pattern, and based on some correlation they make an assertion. That isn't science and it isn't skepticism.
    Also the modern conspiracy person ( I won't use theorist) doesn't stop at that. They photoshop, they manipulate facts, they ignore facts, they alter audio/video files, they knowingly drag people that had nothing to do with an event into the event and on and on. These people are not investigating a conspiracy they are creating a conspiracy for their mindless followers

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    HOLY $HIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9Gx...ctr=1358599990
    The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed

36,225 likes - 9,971 dislikes

These videos are going viral... That's a lot of views.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

Unfortunately, Those who need to won't read that.

Skepticism is not about asking unwarranted questions, it is about questioning a claim. Conspiracy theorists make claims, they don't ask questions, they take random data points and find a pattern, and based on some correlation they make an assertion. That isn't science and it isn't skepticism.

Great post, can you elaborate on what Popper says.

National High School Star

You get the gist.

Their method isn't skepticism. Someone who's skeptical would take fantastical claims like this and do the 5 minutes of research or 10 seconds of logical thought to dismiss them. Conspiracy theorists like to call people sheep all the time but the truth is it takes a far more sheep like mentality to blindly follow this dumb ass claims. Be a skeptic to both sides here. I have yet to see one item in this whole CT that hasn't been thoroughly debunked. It makes me sad that so many people lack the critical thinking skills to see past all this, particularly when there are massive conspiracies likely going on in the world all the time.

I know Popper; explain to me what is it in his method that is far superior to skepticism. As far as I am concern, Popper is only reiterating what skeptics have already known: even full proof facts and ideas can be disproven since everything starts with a theory, so objectivity in and of itself is a wrong premise, and if you truly understand Popper (which I highly doubt), you would admit he would support the position of a conspiracy hypothetical than accepting the "objective" reports of the media and law enforcement. Your position is the exact contradiction to his philosophy of falsification.

This is the premise that you idiots (especially Nathanjizzle) are upholding based on a fallacious premise that appeals to emotions (we shouldn't even question because there are kids involved and it is not moral do so).

Conspiracy theory is just that: a theory. They don't make claims; they create hypotheticals and ask questions. It is the media that makes claims. A good conspiracy theory would only question these claims and not come to their own conclusions.

Keep in mind, I am aware of the fact there are bad conspiracy theories, but there are also good ones that don't claim to know anything other than to point out the discrepancies from the claims of the government, news media, etc.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 01-20-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Their method isn't skepticism. Someone who's skeptical would take fantastical claims like this and do the 5 minutes of research or 10 seconds of logical thought to dismiss them. Conspiracy theorists like to call people sheep all the time but the truth is it takes a far more sheep like mentality to blindly follow this dumb ass claims. Be a skeptic to both sides here. I have yet to see one item in this whole CT that hasn't been thoroughly debunked. It makes me sad that so many people lack the critical thinking skills to see past all this, particularly when there are massive conspiracies likely going on in the world all the time.
    What the f*ck research are you talking about ...

If I see a facebook page created 4 days prior to the death of one of the victims in the Sandy Hook shooting (Victoria Soto), then what further research do I have to undertake.

The page is there; the facts are there; and the only basic question I have to ask is, "Why was it created 4 days before she died."

I only merely questioned a claim. It is up to you anti-conspiracy nuts to explain to me why the page was created 4 days prior to the death of the person.

Till this day, none of you nerds can answer this simple basic question.

This is one example amongst a million I have.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 01-20-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Also the modern conspiracy person ( I won't use theorist) doesn't stop at that. They photoshop, they manipulate facts, they ignore facts, they alter audio/video files, they knowingly drag people that had nothing to do with an event into the event and on and on. These people are not investigating a conspiracy they are creating a conspiracy for their mindless followers
    Well that is bullsh*t. There are news reports that do the same sh*t but they are not under the same scrutiny; in fact, normally they are accepted hook, line, and sinker.

Trust me, these conspiracy nuts aren't any worse than the media and government in creating hoaxes and distorting lies.

The difference between them is at least the conspiracy theorists are trying to seek the truth (no matter how flawed) and the media and government are trying to distort the truth.

Their intentions are sound even though they might sound like idiots sometimes, but at least they are being skeptical and asking questions when they see an anomaly .. this seems to be a crime nowadays.

Skepticism is a lost art. The start of modern thinking started (which lead to all the modern philosophies and sciences) when one man said the only thing he knew was he knew nothing and started denying everything the sheeps accepted as true just because someone of higher authority said so.

Food for thought.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 01-20-2013 at 07:27 AM.

That is stupid.

His explanation for the facebook pages: by using date restricted pages on Google, one can find erroneous dates on articles for the Sandy Hook shootings.

Still bullsh*t. The evidence wasn't based on some stupid search but an actual facebook page created and then deleted when people began questioning.

You anti-conspiracy nuts will believe anything.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

There are 3 types of people:

The Conspiracy Theorist: will look to tie links to form/fit their pre-determined theory.

The Debunkers: Will go into a situation looking to disprove conspiracy theorists.

Neutrals: Will be open minded and more willing to give each side an equal chance.

I feel that I try to be neutral. I've made mistakes in the past in blindly believing theories. But I understand that anything and everything can be possible. I know the history our government (and others around the world) has had, so they are not to be completely trusted, only a blind idiot will buy everything they tell us.

Now, who is to say that IF (again big IF) this is a hoax, that it's government sponsored?

There are big multi billion dollar companies that have a huge stake in all of this, they could be a part of this IF (big IF) this is a hoax of some sorts.

Horrible line of rebuttals. I can't believe you will just accept any explanation without any skeptical thought put into it at all.

His explanation for the facebook pages: by using date restricted pages on Google, one can find erroneous dates on articles for the Sandy Hook shootings.

Still bullsh*t. The evidence wasn't based on some stupid search but an actual facebook page created and then deleted when people began questioning.

You anti-conspiracy nuts will believe anything.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 01-20-2013 at 09:42 AM.