Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Nba 2k15

NBA 2K15 Official Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cRqUP9jiU

Banned

Yakkem!

The soundtrack. Why can't they just let us have custom music for the menus? I don't want to hear any of those songs

Banned

I've only listened to one or two once so it'll take me a little longer to get sick of them.

Eh looks the same, still buying

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    The soundtrack. Why can't they just let us have custom music for the menus? I don't want to hear any of those songs
    Because people pay them to have their songs put in. It creates a mutual publicity relationship for both parties (the artist(s) and 2K)

Soundtrack sucks. Clipse Grindin' tho.

Banned

Graphics are the same, core game definitely isn't. This should be a big improvement over 2K14.

So for someone with a PS4 who hasn't bought anything since 2K12, this is a good buy, right?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    So for someone with a PS4 who hasn't bought anything since 2K12, this is a good buy, right?
    Generally speaking, probably so. However, we still don't know a ton about the game yet, aside from its MyLeague inclusion.

I passed on 2K14 because of the VC push, the always-online requirement, and the general super fantasy direction pervading through the entire product (cheesy cutscenes included). Still, I hear the gameplay was pretty good, not to mention those pretty impressive graphics. So if 2K's dialed back some of those cheesy aspects like it sounds like they did, while also including back a lot of the parts missing (offline franchise, create-a-player, etc.) it sounds like it could be a return to form.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Generally speaking, probably so. However, we still don't know a ton about the game yet, aside from its MyLeague inclusion.

I passed on 2K14 because of the VC push, the always-online requirement, and the general super fantasy direction pervading through the entire product (cheesy cutscenes included). Still, I hear the gameplay was pretty good, not to mention those pretty impressive graphics. So if 2K's dialed back some of those cheesy aspects like it sounds like they did, while also including back a lot of the parts missing (offline franchise, create-a-player, etc.) it sounds like it could be a return to form.
    Imo, the gameplay was the pretty bad. I heard someone who had been playing 2K since Dreamcast saying this was the worst 2K yet. I love the direction they're now going though. Graphics are very similar, so that must mean their main focus has been gameplay as opposed to graphics to show off the PS4's power in 2K14, and MyLeague sounds really good. They seem to have listened to the fans a lot this year, especially if Crew is back on current-gen.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I don't even play with sound on any of my games, unless it's 100% necessary or I'm using a mic. How does the repetition not make you want to go deaf? Especially sports games. The dialogue gets old quickly. The last sports game I played with sound on was NFL 2k5. But the commentary in that game was insane. Like a 300 hours in, I would still hear new stuff. Really impressive.

NBA Superstar

Information was released today on 2K15's MyGM mode. This is not to be confused with their MyLeague mode they announced a couple of weeks earlier. They are very similar modes, only with MyLeague being more or less fully customizable, whereas MyGM retains its stance as more of an RPG-driven mode.

Also, more VC-related good news:
    "Visual Concepts is distancing itself from its controversial approach to injecting VC into the MyGM experience last year. In NBA 2K15 the VC is nearly stripped out of the mode in favor of a leveling system where you accrue XP for every action you take."
    More information here: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nb...ise-modes.aspx

National High School Star

I lol'd at people who complained and spent real cash to buy VC, so sad.
    In their head, they believe it's so the can be better quicker, but at the end of the day, they were simply making it a big profit for 2K and feeding the problem.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I'm considering buying an xbone for this. There's some pretty ridiculous deals going on right now. They're desperate as shit.

Considering this one right now that you get the Xbox one, Madden 2015, a free game, and a $50 gift card. On top of that, I still have my old 360 and it seems like they are taking those for $100.

That's like what? 120+50+100. 270 off, so essentially $130+tax.

Tho I would much rather have a PS4 if I do make the jump. Still saving to upgrade my gaming computer (which apparently I'm rebuilding the entire thing) too..