Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Grizzlies are legit contenders in the west

Yes, we blew a 27 point home court lead in the playoffs along our way to losing to the clippers in 7 games in the first round. Yes we are only 6 games into the season. But whether people want to admit it or not, the grizzlies should not be a surprise if they make it out of the west.

Do not be ignorant like most the heat fans on here and say it was just luck. The grizz would have still beat the heat even if all the 3s the grizz made were actually 2s. Heat shot 18 more fts , got multiple phantom calls,and still lost. People act like it is not possible that the grizzlies actually owned wade the whole game. Instead they will say that he just played like garbage. But this thread isnt about the game last night.

People said zbo and gay could not play together, and they have proved that is bullsh1t. The grizz core has been together for 4 years now and have real chemistry. They play some of the grittiest, toughest defense in the league. They have a top 3 frontcourt, great floor general, and the best perimeter defender in the league.

The grizzlies never really had a problem with the starting 5. It was the bench that was our main concern. Now let me point out that our bench played like hot garbage on opening night, but now for 5 games straight they have been playing incredible. They play with the same defensive tenacity as the starters and can put up points as well. As much as oj has looked good in dallas, he did not fit into the style that we play. And as the bench has been showing ojs points have not been missed.Picking up Bayless and Ellington both for less $$$ than oj has been great so far. Bayless can actually handle the ball and score, Ellington has bought into the team concept and has learned how to play D. He obviously can shoot as well, Pondexter is an excellent defender and 3 pt shooter, and Mo speights has one of the best jumpers on the team. Once Darrell Arther gets back, we will have the athletic/shot blocking big we are needing. DA also has a jumper and can go to the hole.

Now am i saying the grizzlies are winning it all this year ?? NO!!! Im not even guaranteeing that we make it deep into the playoffs. But the grizzlies are a legit team who everyone should fear and not sleep on.

End rant

Default Re: Grizzlies are legit contenders in the west

They are legit contenders and one if only 2/3 teams with legit size to actually hurt Miami in a series.

O.J. Mayo so far: 21.9 PPG on .490/.609/.862 shooting
    Grizzlies should have kept him

Tell me something I don't know.

I agree 100% with u they most definitely have some weapons and I think they could be a match nightmare for the lakers in the playoffs... All they have to do is stay healthy and continue to build there chemistry and they'll make some serious noise this post season

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Obviously Grizzlies are contenders. They just gotta try to avoid the Clippers in the playoffs is all

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    There werent enough shots/minutes available for oj to average even close to those numbers on the grizz. im glad hes on the mavs and is able to play the way he wants to.

but back to the ops point, randolph has been a fantasy god this season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Obviously Grizzlies are contenders. They just gotta try to avoid the Clippers in the playoffs is all
    Not really. They can face them again.

Besides, it was good entertainment too.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Not really. They can face them again.

Besides, it was good entertainment too.
    Never said Grizzlies can't compete with them. Just saying the same way I want the Clippers to avoid Spurs and Lakers... the Grizzlies ideally want to avoid the Clippers. All about matchups.

Wouldn't have been getting the same looks.

Plus, the Mavericks have a lot of injuries to their roster, so Mayo is the first option by default. Also, he wants to prove he belongs in the top tier of scorers in this league too, with a fresh start.

In Memphis, he was known for being a volume chucker and making bone head plays. That's why he wasn't getting many looks when Memphis already has the best front court in the league.

Oj is the 1st option there. Im not surprised. He is a scorer, but He is not a very good team player and can be very streaky. His defense is also suspect. Im glad he is doing good, but i am fine with what our team is without him. He was asking for more than we were willing to pay him and had been a locker room problem multiple times. he would still be 6th man here, and he did not play that role right. He would put up starters shot attempts. It seemed like he was just trying to get his and not do what it took to win games when he played here.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Never said Grizzlies can't compete with them. Just saying the same way I want the Clippers to avoid Spurs and Lakers... the Grizzlies ideally want to avoid the Clippers. All about matchups.
    Would Clipper fans ideally want to face the Thunder ?

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year; if the Grizz made the Finals, the Heat have no answers. They're just too big and too tough, yet still have quick, athletic players to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Would Clipper fans ideally want to face the Thunder ?
    As a non-Clipper fan, I think the Clippers could easily beat the Thunder in the playoffs. I believed that last season and nothing I've seen has changed my mind. If anything, the Clippers are an even better team now.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Cosign