Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    Diaw Fan

Default Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra

There are three things I enjoyed in this series over the original.

The lack of 'filler' episodes was really nice. In the original series there seemed to be a lot of episodes that didn't really add much in terms of characterization and just seemed to sidetrack from the plot and waste the viewers' time. This was for the most part absent from TLOK and I greatly appreciated that the creators weren't just wasting time just to extend the series.

The music was a lot better in this series possibly due to the lack of aforementioned filler episodes where everything was light and happy go lucky because more than half of the episodes each season did not follow the main plot. In TLOK the plot stayed focused and as such the storyline was much more intense and gripping which in turn led to better music (read: not corny like michael bay movies) as a whole.

Lasly, while the animation in the first series was pretty decent, the action choreography for this series was on another level as the bending was more stylistically and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes without a worry for it having to be more realistic fighting (because let's face it this series is anything but realistic).

Overall I think I would give this season a 9/10 but I wonder where they will go for a second season after having seemingly concluded the plot for the first season.

Banned

Hmm, so a Zuko clone comes in out of nowhere and saves everyone in the end.

Liked the little airbender children and Bolin was kind of like Sokka, but otherwise wish this series was longer so it had more time for character development, I could tell in some episodes that they had ideas that should have been built up for 2-3 episodes but the writers had to cram it in, probably because they werent given 26 episodes a season like The last airbender., hopefully next series is better

Asami got screwed over, she was really nice+hotter than Korra

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    YESSSS!!!!! woooo

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    YESSSS!!!!! woooo
    4 seasons have been confirmed, so they can take their time with the story now
    Last edited by rezznor; 07-20-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Sick. This seems to be the only American show I like atm other then maybe Adventure Time and Regular Show

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

The Last Air Bender was amazing. It sucks it was so short. I am meaning to watch Korra. I'm sure it will be great as the avatar world is so interesting, but I don't know if it can match the last air bender.

Book 1 came out on Blu Ray finally. Just ordered it.

I'm still hoping they decide to release the original series in one big Blu Ray pack

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    The Last Air Bender was amazing. It sucks it was so short. I am meaning to watch Korra. I'm sure it will be great as the avatar world is so interesting, but I don't know if it can match the last air bender.
    Not as good as avatar but still better then 90 percent of the stuff on TV. Check it out

Korra will face her greatest challenge in Season Two: her parents
    Book Two of The Legend of Korra is titled Spirit, and our teenaged Avatar will be battling plenty of frightening spirits. But Korra will also journey to the Southern Water Tribe, where she'll deal with a more earthly concern: her family.

We got a chance to sit down with Legend of Korra creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko and cast members Janet Varney (Korra), David Faustino (Mako), and P. J. Byrne (Bolin) today during Comic-Con. Book Two will take Korra out of Republic City as the latest threat to the human world returns her home to the South Pole. "Instead of a city problem, it's more of a global issue," explains DiMartino.

Going home means that we'll spend more time with the members of Korra's family, including her father Tonraq (James Remar), mother Senna, uncle Unalaq (Adrian LaTourelle), and twin cousins Desna (Aaron Himelstein) and Eska (Aubrey Plaza). While so many heroes in children's media are parentless (including Avatar: The Last Airbender's Aang), Korra now has multiple parental figures, including her mentor Tenzin, who served as her surrogate father in Book One. In the video below, Varney and Konietzko explain how Korra will have difficulty balancing these parental figures with her own strong will and her duties as Avatar:

But Korra's key concern in Book Two will be balancing the human world with the spirit world. "It's about the contrast of something so ancient and organic against this fully developed world," Konietzko says.

Will we see anything as intense as Koh the Face-Stealer from Avatar: The Last Airbender? "We have a lot of scary stuff," DiMartino says. "Definitely Book Two is more spirits than anyone knows what to do with. We decided, let's finally address the spirit world, what it is, and just see more of it than in the original series. There is no shortage of cool spirits."

Varney doesn't want to give away too much about how the spirits interact with the human world, but she does say this: the spirits' visual designs are nothing short of stunning:

Yesterday, it was announced that The Walking Dead's Steven Yeun would be joining the cast as Wan, the first Avatar. "He did some pretty significant things that changed the world and established what the Avatar is all about," says DiMartino. "So it's more about what [Korra]'s supposed to do as the Avatar." He adds, "Now she has even more pressure to live up to." Wan is getting his own story arc in the larger context of this season, but the way Korra interacts with Wan will be different from the way we've seen her communicate with the deceased Aang.

But there are plenty of other new characters that the creators are excited about, especially the businessman Varrick. "He's hilarious. He's our new favorite character," Konietzko says with a grin.

"And Korra's cousins, the creepy twins," adds DiMartino.

"They're just kind of awkward. They're kind of like goth kids," says Konietzko.

"Not very socially cultivated," DiMartino agrees. "They don't get along with people that well."

We'll certainly be seeing more of Korra, Mako, Bolin, Tenzin, and now Tenzin's siblings Kya (Lisa Edelstein) and Bumi (Richard Riehle). For those fans looking to see all their favorites from Book One, the creators advise patience. We may not get to all the characters' stories in this season, but there will be four seasons in total, with plenty of time to explore the characters.

This was also the first time the cast saw the new Legend of Korra Naga and Pabu plush toys, and they were adorably excited about them.
    Last edited by rezznor; 07-20-2013 at 01:40 PM.

season 2 starts this Friday!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSJMoH7tnvw

Saw the season 2 finale a few days ago. It was pretty interesting but awful at the same time.

Book 2 Season- 7/10
    Book 2 Finale- 5/10

Aside from Giant Korra, I enjoyed the finale. Season needed better pacing, but when it was great it was GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Aside from Giant Korra, I enjoyed the finale. Season needed better pacing, but when it was great it was GREAT.
    This x100

I don't understand why they would cram all of the Harmonic Convergence plot into one book. Harmonic Convergence should have been spread over at the very minimum of two books, should have been four though.

Best episodes were with the origin of the first Avatar. That was brilliant