Default Cleanthony signed -

The Knicks have signed draft pick Cleanthony Early to a contract, the team announced.

Early, 6-8, 219-pounds, was selected by New York in second round (34th overall) of the 2014 NBA Draft following his senior season at Wichita State University.

The Bronx, NY-native led the Shockers to an undefeated regular season (34-0), with averages of 16.4 points on 48.6-percent shooting and 5.9 rebounds. He averaged 11.5 points and 4.8 rebounds, over 27.9 minutes, in four games for New York

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: Cleanthony signed -

I'm hoping he can become Melo's backup.

pretty sure he's excited to be playing in his hometown.

Krust Kingz

Tyler isnt on the roster he's just a summer league guy at this point.

There isnt a spot for Murry. I was hoping Langston Galloway could replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I'm hoping he can become Melo's backup.

pretty sure he's excited to be playing in his hometown.
    He is too easily defensed though. Unless he develops his handles I dont know how much of a factor he could be. Right now the back up is probably a combination of Shump and Hardaway Jr.
    Last edited by Rameek; 08-03-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek

He is too easily defensed though. Unless he develops his handles I dont know how much of a factor he could be. Right now the back up is probably a combination of Shump and Hardaway Jr.
    He definitely needs some work to get there no doubt, but he did look good in the sl, but ultimately he has time.

Imo he looked to be doing things exactly the way the coaching staff wanted...he was holding back imo.

I agree with hias handles though, he certainly wasnt comfortable dribbling....didnt do it alot in college either, but he was big time when it counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek

As much as I like Murry, I'd have to take Larkin. I can't knock his hustle in those summer league games.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    As much as I like Murry, I'd have to take Larkin. I can't knock his hustle in those summer league games.
    Larkin is just too small and not exceptional at anything for his size. I liked Murry as well. I just dont see the Knicks keeping 6 PG/SG to be honest. Unless a move is made at some point.

Hopefully in the middle of August there will be some movement.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I think he has a chance to be a solid pro for years to come but he needs to add weight and work on his dribbling. Outside of that, I think he has every chance to prove he was a steal in the 2nd round. He'll be brought along slowly behind Melo and won't have much pressure. Him and Melo are the only natural 3's on the roster