Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Trade scenario:

Washington gets

Kobe Bryant

Los Angeles gets

Antwain Jamison
    Nick Young
    2 first round picks (lottery unprotected)
    3 million in cash

This deal is really to clear out cap space for the Lakers, as they will also have Kwame Brown's big contract coming off the books this coming summer. They get one young player and 2 first round picks. Jamison is still a solid pro, so they will probably win about the same number of games.

The Wizards get a duo of Arenas-Bryant-Butler on the wings, which should be championship level caliber.

Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Dude c'mon hawk fan. 31 year old Jamison and an unproven rookie and 2 draft picks which won't be lottery picks and 3 million cash for KOBE? U sure your not "WizFan"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Dude c'mon hawk fan. 31 year old Jamison and an unproven rookie and 2 draft picks which won't be lottery picks and 3 million cash for KOBE? U sure your not "WizFan"?
    It isn't dollar for dollar in terms of talent by any stretch of the imagination.

The big thing is Jamison's expiring deal, so that the Lakers can get way under the cap next year.

The other option is for the Lakers to try to do a deal with the Hawks for some young players (Sheldon Williams, Marvin Williams and Josh Childress) plus a bunch of expirers.

Or they could try to take back a lot of big contracts.

With Jamison's and Brown's contracts off the books, the Lakers can start the next era in their franchise.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Trade scenario:

Washington gets

Kobe Bryant

Los Angeles gets

Antwain Jamison
    Nick Young
    2 first round picks (lottery unprotected)
    3 million in cash

This deal is really to clear out cap space for the Lakers, as they will also have Kwame Brown's big contract coming off the books this coming summer. They get one young player and 2 first round picks. Jamison is still a solid pro, so they will probably win about the same number of games.

The Wizards get a duo of Arenas-Bryant-Butler on the wings, which should be championship level caliber.
    Get the **** out of here. Kobe isn't going anywhere for an expirer, a mediocre rookie, and 2 picks that are going to be worth absolute **** once they roll around. Horrible trade.

If the Lakers take on expirers then the deal should involve them getting rid of there other bad contracts, like Radman and the like. No point in trading Bryant, then keeping all your other crap contracts on the books and still be over the cap.

John Paxson isn't a risk taker. He's not the type of guy who'll shake up the entire team and take a huge risk like trading for Kobe Bryant. He's a builder, he was a perfect GM for the team two years ago, but now that they've got talent, they need a guy who'll be willing to send the team over the edge.

Buss change of position means that by now he is getting zero trade proposals, not even bad ones he is getting anymore.

So this can be more then enough:

Marbury - 20$ million expiring contract, really, really tasty FA's coming up
    Crawford - Bound to make his best season, competent scorer that really knows how to feed the center, Curry really struggled without him, and since Bynum will be the focal point of the offense that's really a plus.
    Balkman - He would immediatlly be a LA fan favorite, period.
    Nichols & Morris - Two really young players with lot of upside.
    And a 1st round pick.

And the Knicks could throw in the 7$ million M. Rose expiring contract and take back some bad contracts LA would want to dump.

If we ignore the unrealistic trades with a 9$ million difference in salaries, that some Bulls fans insist in making i haven't seen anything better for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Buss change of position means that by now he is getting zero trade proposals, not even bad ones he is getting anymore.

So this can be more then enough:

Marbury - 20$ million expiring contract, really, really tasty FA's coming up
    Crawford - Bound to make his best season, competent scorer that really knows how to feed the center, Curry really struggled without him, and since Bynum will be the focal point of the offense that's really a plus.
    Balkman - He would immediatlly be a LA fan favorite, period.
    Nichols & Morris - Two really young players with lot of upside.
    And a 1st round pick.

And the Knicks could throw in the 7$ million M. Rose expiring contract and take back some bad contracts LA would want to dump.

If we ignore the unrealistic trades with a 9$ million difference in salaries, that some Bulls fans insist in making i haven't seen anything better for the Lakers.
    Marbury and Rose both have two years left not one. I'm sure the Lakers would want Lee too.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Marbury and Rose both have two years left not one.
    And?

And?
    You said they're expiring when they're not.

You said they're expiring when they're not.
    omg here we go... well they are expiring since the day they signed the contract.

I remember having this discussion about Francis contract, i've said it was valuable because it was expiring, and someone started calling me names, that Francis is trash nobody would want him and how his contract was not expiring, how 2 years were different from 1... lol, well his "non-expiring" got us one of the best PF of the game. So yes "Huge" diference between two and on year for a team that is rebuilding, moreso when the best FA's are coming in 2,3 years.

Thank god there are GM's that think ahead.
    Last edited by Blue&Orange; 10-13-2007 at 09:18 AM.

omg here we go... well they are expiring since the day they signed the contract.

I remember having this discussion about Francis contract, i've said it was valuable because it was expiring, and someone started calling me names, that Francis is trash nobody would want him and how his contract was not expiring, how 2 years were different from 1... lol, well his "non-expiring" got us one of the best PF of the game. So yes "Huge" diference between two and on year for a team that is rebuilding, moreso when the best FA are coming in 2,3 years.

Thank god there are GM's that think ahead.
    I'm not trying to have a go at you mate. I was simply pointing out something because I thought you may have been under the impression that they were expiring this year seeing as when people use the term expiring they usually mean this year.

I'm not trying to have a go at you mate. I was simply pointing out something because I thought you may have been under the impression that they were expiring this year seeing as when people use the term expiring they usually mean this year.
    Ok, fair enough.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    I have never seen so many people underrate the bulls and their players as much you guys. The Luol Deng bashing is comical. I mean why the hell do you think every single team that tries to trade with the Bulls demands Deng be involved??? Because he is a 22 year old rising all-star. I guarantee he is an all-star this year. Josh Howard was an all-star last year averaging 18.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.2 spg, shooting 46% from the field and 82% from the line. Compare that to Deng's 18.8 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.2 spg and 52% from the field and 78% from the line. Same stats and Luol's are actually better, Luol is 22 and Howard is 27, and Howard has Dirk playing next to him unlike Lu having a superstar to play with. Compare Rip Hamilton and Luol's stats, Luols are better and he is was an all-star too. Luol Deng will be an all-star this year for sure. The bulls will have atleast one all-star this year it will be Deng.

Trading Deng, Gordon, and Thomas is suicide for Paxson, he would never think it. Anyone who trashes Paxson blatently denies the reality of what he has done for the Bulls since coming into power in 2003. He has built this team with hard work over 4 years now weeding out the guys who don't have the team first-overachieve-winning is everything mindset. Keep hating it up on Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, ****, anyone on the Bulls. It makes the thrill of victory and success even greater for true Bulls fans who read this whole post and read about people who don't even watch the Bulls play year round or even a quarter of their games. I love how Bulls likes to talk an infinite amount of **** about Deng for atleast the last 6 months, talk mad **** about not trading Deng to Memphis for Gasol, then completely contradicting everything he has said by saying it would be stupid to trade Deng to Memphis because Deng will tearing it up at age 25 in memphis. It's all one big joke anyway. No true Bulls fan in Chicago wants Kobe on the team if meant Deng,Gordon, and Thomas. Hey go ahead and hate but Luol Deng has so much promise, work ethic, and natural ability that I wouldn't trade him to La for Kobe period. Kobe Bryant has torn the only orginization he has ever known apart on multiple occasions all maxing out this summer. The Bulls have great odds at competing for multiple chips with their team now with unselfish players who combine to be stronger than 1 dude who gives NBA superstars a bad name after how he has handled himself this summer. Paxson will do whats right and needed when the time comes. Begin the hatefest, it only makes what I'm saying ring louder, later, when it all happens and you guys are still trying to get an autographed Kobe Bryant pubic hair.

Bulls 08 EC Champs

KB24 D Riders = Fa ggits

Luol Deng 08 all-star

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332

Great news.