Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: What a difference exercise makes.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    I'm just wondering, how old are you? I'm 18 so I don't have weigt problems ever..I just work out to be healthy and for sports.
    27, my metabolism slowed down around 23 or 24 and my eating habits got worse. I used to be able to eat McDonald's and Burger King every day almost and weigh 170 soak and wet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    27, my metabolism slowed down around 23 or 24 and my eating habits got worse. I used to be able to eat McDonald's and Burger King every day almost and weigh 170 soak and wet.
    I'm actually trying to gain weight but it's not really working. I eat like 4-5000 calories a day but I just burn it all off. I eat pretty healthy though, as far as not going out to eat at fast food goes which could be part of the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    I'm actually trying to gain weight but it's not really working. I eat like 4-5000 calories a day but I just burn it all off. I eat pretty healthy though, as far as not going out to eat at fast food goes which could be part of the reason.
    Have you tried lifting to gain weight?

Have you tried lifting to gain weight?
    You haven't seen any of his 85 exercise threads?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    You haven't seen any of his 85 exercise threads?
    NO.

kings fan

why do all of u ppl run or think "run" when jumping (w/ or w/o a jump rope) is 100x betta and safer.
    Last edited by cuad; 02-05-2012 at 02:27 AM.

looks like most ppl in here are trying to shed weight

im eating 3000+ calories a day and training, trying to pack on mass

I'm looking into if I should do some martial arts to get into better shape but I can't say that is the primary reason why I'm interested in that venue. Boxing or Cycling are other things i might be interested in to lose weight but the first thing I need to do is change my diet cus I've been addicted to fast food for far too long now.

5-time NBA All-Star

Every morning I eat a bowl of Raisin Nut Bran and a glass of OJ. If I run I eat it after I run because my metabolism is kicked up from running to burn it off quick.

Between breakfast and lunch I'll have a fruit and maybe some shelled walnuts. I love walnuts. Awesome source for omega 3 and fatty acids. At lunch I'll have a small-ish lunch. Usually salad with a sandwich and some juice, or two sandwiches with walnuts and some juice. Something like that. Then for dinner I eat whatever my wife cooks. Which is anything from spaghetti to steak. I really don't care what I eat for dinner, if it's something that I know is horrible for me I'll eat it in moderation. If it's semi-good or good for me I'll load up on it.

I'll also have a snack between lunch and dinner. Maybe a snickers bar or something to curb my sweat tooth, most of the time it's fruit or something like that.

The hardest part is NOT eating after dinner. I'll eat around 7PM and won't go to bed until 11PM to 1AM and it's very hard to control not binge eating after dinner. I usually drink some water to help with that.

When I get down around 200-210 I'll probably end up eating a little bit more because I'll start lifting and weight training.
    Wayyy too many carbs. Sounds like a 75/10/10 split. You could literally eat 1.5X the amount of food (in satiety level) but incorporate lean meats and nuts and you'd have a more stable weight.

The night thing is such a bloody myth I swear I facepalm like a mofo.

You sound brainwashed as hell brother Meticode.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Wayyy too many carbs. Sounds like a 75/10/10 split. You could literally eat 1.5X the amount of food (in satiety level) but incorporate lean meats and nuts and you'd have a more stable weight.

The night thing is such a bloody myth I swear I facepalm like a mofo.

You sound brainwashed as hell brother Meticode.
    Whatever the case, I don't feel hungry throughout the day at all with what I'm doing. Night is hard because I'll get a craving for sweets and I would indulge that craving before I started exercising recently. You can tell me I've had too many carbs, etc, etc. But I'll stick with what I'm doing now since I've lost almost 17 pounds in 23-24 days.

Magic Johnson

Whatever the case, I don't feel hungry throughout the day at all with what I'm doing. Night is hard because I'll get a craving for sweets and I would indulge that craving before I started exercising recently. You can tell me I've had too many carbs, etc, etc. But I'll stick with what I'm doing now since I've lost almost 17 pounds in 23-24 days.
    Start lifting weights now. You'll look better once you cut more fat and you won't lose as much, if any, muscle.

LOL @ the guy who said 4,000 to 5,000 "clean" calories. For one, it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you hit your macros, and two, eating 4,000 to 5,000 calories of oatmeal, chicken, and other healthy shit would be a ****ing nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Start lifting weights now. You'll look better once you cut more fat and you won't lose as much, if any, muscle.

LOL @ the guy who said 4,000 to 5,000 "clean" calories. For one, it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you hit your macros, and two, eating 4,000 to 5,000 calories of oatmeal, chicken, and other healthy shit would be a ****ing nightmare.
    I know, I just want to wait through. It's a mental thing with me. Plus running is working perfectly right now I want to see the number go down before I start slowing it down with a little bit of muscle building.

UPDATE: I've lost 18.80 pounds since the 28 days I started running. I'm down below 220 at 219.2 for the first time in a long time, I honestly can't remember it, but it's at least 3+ years since I was that low.

In the 28 days since I started running I ran 19 of those days and was either sick or resting for 9 of them. So 19 days of running has accounted for 18.80 pounds of weight loss.

Update

I'm at day 34 since I started running. Out of 34 of those days I was sick or rested for 11 of those, so I've ran for 23 days. Right now I'm at 217.6. I've finally cracked the 20 pound mark with 20.4 pounds lost since 34 days ago. I would probably be 215 right now, but a week ago I had a day where I eat quite a bit and actually drank alcohol (3 screwdrivers) for the first time since my 21st birthday. After that day I literally gained 1-2 pounds. I've hit the treadmill about 5 days since then hard and have lost weight 5 days in a row from 222 down to the 217.7.

Manly Stanley gonna straiten you out on this