Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Phoenix making a run for shumpert

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    You're overrating Shump. Shump's best case is Tony Allen with an offensive game. We'd get Dudley who is a very underrated player in this league, & a potentially top 6 pick in next years draft. We'd have a shot at Shabazz freaking Muhammed.

I love Shump & the only way I'm doing this deal is if the Suns send us their pick this coming draft.

No I'm not. The best perimeter defender with an offensive game sounds like what to you? Shumpert will be an all-star and there isn't any one particularly impressive in this draft. Smart, maybe, and I don't want him over Shumpert. I have no interest in Shabazz. Besides, isn't he a 3? I think we have one of those.

Shumpert is going to be a better defender than Tony Allen. And he's going to be a scorer. Why would I want to trade him for a pick? No.

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    I love Shump, but for Phoenix's 1st round pick next year? Hell yeah. That's going to be a top 5 pick.

It just sounds good to say top 5 pick..but who do we want and what are they gonna offer? Much less immediately, on a good team?

Shump is not a role player. Avery Bradley is not near the player Shumpert is. The only comparison is their defense and Bradley is a better spot-up shooter. Shumpert can handle the ball, run some point, he can score. And he's going to score.

Suns would have to give up something substantial because it wouldn't make sense to trade Shump, he's one of the few perimeter lockdown defenders in the league and the Knicks backcourt isn't getting any younger.

this would be an extremely stupid move either way you look at it, there is nothing PHX could offer that would justify a trade.

Dunking on everybody in the park

If the Knicks are serious about winning this year, they need to keep Shump.

Shump can lock Wade down...well make him less efficient anyway.

Pre ACL injury Shump, I think can lock Wade now for definite...

NBA rookie of the year

A lot of people need to actually watch Knicks games. Post-ACL Shump isn't pre-ACL Shump, unfortunately. Might take him a year to get back, if he ever does. Right now he isn't contributing much of anything.

Wouldn't trade Shump at all. If there was any chance I would consider it, the package would have to look something like Dudley, Keef Morris and a 1st. If they don't want to negotiate, goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It be nice if you enlightened my ignorance with facts instead of talking shit and backing it with the following useless conjecture:
    "You think?" Based on what? Billups had/has a jumper with range. Shumpert has hit threes in the short sample of this season but has shot 34% overall so far this season. Shumpert is about athleticism, Billups was not. Comparing him to Billups doesn't make sense. "Talented passer?" Based on what? He's not a point guard now and never will be.

He's got this great jumper but has hit 39%? His dribbling is alright but nothing special by NBA guard standards. "Leadership?" Whatever, I doubt NY has asked that of him at all. I admit I don't pay enough attention to him to notice something like that but I'd bet money that NY's leaders are Kidd and Chandler, maybe STAT, maybe Melo.

You can't validate that at all. It's a rumor. Woj says they were offered Dudley and 1 future first. That's not this year's lottery pick and we don't know how deep into the draft that future first is protected.

I've never seen more rhetorical bullshit in one post.

What, you want some stat to prove the guy can pass? Why don't you watch a ****ing game. You bring up his fg% for this season, then say his 40+% 3pt percentage doesn't matter? Not knowing that so far he's been primarily a 3pt shooter....because....drumroll....you haven't watched games.

And it's not just a rumor that the Suns want him. He was the piece they wanted back in order for Nash to become a Knick last off season...they've always wanted him....and who cares if its a future first? The Suns are lottery bound for quite sometime my friend.

And the Billups comparison has everything to do with having to develop decision making, not the only thing that you know about in this entire argument...that Iman Shumpert is athletic.

I agree RMWG Iman Shumpert is athletic. Thanks

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    It just sounds good to say top 5 pick..but who do we want and what are they gonna offer? Much less immediately, on a good team?

Shump is not a role player. Avery Bradley is not near the player Shumpert is. The only comparison is their defense and Bradley is a better spot-up shooter. Shumpert can handle the ball, run some point, he can score. And he's going to score.
    I think he's right..you really do overrate Shump. I like him, but I don't think he's going to be as great as you're making him out to be.

PHUCK NO. PHUCK OUT OF HERE PHX. WE DONT WANT NO ONE. Shumps our player, he's staying.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    I've never seen more rhetorical bullshit in one post.
    Then you should read what you write. As an added benefit you can edit your post to improve quality.
    What, you want some stat to prove the guy can pass?
    Yes. When we claim a player is a good passer we can normally point to his apg being in some way better than the norm for a player at his position, even if we are forced to base it on some kind of per minute ratio.
    Why don't you watch a ****ing game.
    Ironically, I'm watching a Knicks game right now. For the record, I don't think it's indicative of what he can d when fully healthy, but I'm not sure what his new normal will be post-op.
    You bring up his fg% for this season, then say his 40+% 3pt percentage doesn't matter? Not knowing that so far he's been primarily a 3pt shooter....because....drumroll....you haven't watched games.
    Most of his shots have been 2s actually. And you didn't get the point I was making: If someone says his current three percentage is indicative of his shooting ability then they can't ignre his overalll FG %age for this season. That's why I talk about the career 39 instead of the current 34. Both of which numbers don't indicate a good shooter.

And it's not just a rumor that the Suns want him. He was the piece they wanted back in order for Nash to become a Knick last off season...they've always wanted him....and who cares if its a future first? The Suns are lottery bound for quite sometime my friend.
    So you're using one unsubstantiated rumor to back up another? Nice. Is every rumor we read about online true now? And of course it's important that it's a future first, every season we see teams go from the lottery to the playoffs. Any number of trades, signings or unexpected player developments could happen to make a team better than it was. Plus we have no idea what protections would be put on this future first. It's just a rumor after all.

And the Billups comparison has everything to do with having to develop decision making, not the only thing that you know about in this entire argument...that Iman Shumpert is athletic.
    The Billups comparison is just stupid. Shumpert isn't a point guard and isn't going to be one. Even if he had the aptitude (and he doesn't, it's not his natural position) how is he going to learn to be one when NY is playing him at SG? He's just going to figure it out playing streetball on his own?
    Last edited by Real Men Wear Green; 02-10-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Shump isn't doing much this season. I would keep playing Brewer while Shump heals up.

They want him, but they won't be getting him. Simple as that.

We'll give you Brewer and Copeland (plus fillers) for Dudley.

And good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Then you should read what you write. As an added benefit you can edit your post to improve quality.
    Yes. When we claim a player is a good passer we can normally point to his apg being in some way better than the norm for a player at his position, even if we are forced to base it on some kind of per minute ratio. Ironically, I'm watching a Knicks game right now. For the record, I don't think it's indicative of what he can d when fully healthy, but I'm not sure what his new normal will be post-op. Most of his shots have been 2s actually. And you didn't get the point I was making: If someone says his current three percentage is indicative of his shooting ability then they can't ignre his overalll FG %age for this season. That's why I talk about the career 39 instead of the current 34. Both of which numbers don't indicate a good shooter.

So you're using one unsubstantiated rumor to back up another? Nice. Is every rumor we read about online true now? And of course it's important that it's a future first, every season we see teams go from the lottery to the playoffs. Any number of trades, signings or unexpected player developments could happen to make a team better than it was. Plus we have no idea what protections would be put on this future first. It's just a rumor after all.

The Billups comparison is just stupid. Shumpert isn't a point guard and isn't going to be one. Even if he had the aptitude (and he doesn't, it's not his natural position) how is he going to learn to be one when NY is playing him at SG? He's just going to figure it out playing streetball on his own?

Wow...bunch of rhetoric. Our initial discussion is about his skills, not a rookie's production in what was a lockout shortened season and a year where he's 12 games back from ACL surgery. He played a lot of pg in college, D'antoni started him there last year too. . You say he can't shoot, then base the argument on his 2pt and overall fg%...ignoring his current 3pt %...we already know he can slash and finish...more so when healthy.

And assists don't prove if a guy can pass...you seem to have no idea of role definition. I said he's a talented passer, because I've SEEN him making a lot of talented passes. There's a lot of guys who aren't flashy, or talented passers that can give you assist numbers because of their role...and vice versa.

If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that right now he's actually playing SF, and Woodson wants him running a lot more pick and rolls. There's a possibility he can become their backup pg. Not playing streetballl hahaha...great joke
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 02-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Wilbon
    I think he's right..you really do overrate Shump. I like him, but I don't think he's going to be as great as you're making him out to be.

He will be. Next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    They want him, but they won't be getting him. Simple as that.