Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Knicks style of basketball is not going to work in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    how am i supposed to watch that game and predict how they will play in the playoffs?

im just gonna wait a couple of months when things get sorted out and see what you say then
    I'll do the same.

Banned

I don't believe the Knicks are capable of winning anything unless I see Amare play for a minimum of 20 games. This is all just one big fluke because Amare is not playing. Let's see how good they really are once Amare returns.

I just lol at how people like you are really trying to draw comparisons, I think everyone needs to watch that playoff run and see how it will probably never be duplicated.

and you think that kind of record breaking shooting will happen again two years later? yeah...
    You act like this team of 3 point assassins doesn't have the potential to do so

Decent college freshman

knicks need to score in the paint better ... you'd think they'd be better since tyson and carmelo seem to be in the paint a lot

amar'e has had seasons where he's been a top 3 paint scorer so I guess there's a chance he could make a difference. that's what you have to hope for as a knicks fan, I guess

but they're going to be a good shooting team because they get good shots. and steve novak's the best shooter in the league.

lol ppl acting like the Knicks are just chucking up 3s with no care in the world.

The vast majority of them are good open looks either through guard penetration or Melo passing it out after getting doubled in the post.

The Knicks are a very good passing team, the ball moves, guys get good looks, it doesn't hurt that just about all of our rotation players are pretty good at hitting the 3 pt shot.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Have you seen the looks we've been getting, or just checking box scores?

The 3's are generally well within the flow of the offence, our ball movement is great and we're playing very unselfish. Melo draws so much attention and with Kidd, Novak and Smith out there, you have to either stay close to your man and hope Melo can be stopped 1 on 1, or double Melo and hope we miss our 3s. Last night noone could stay in front of Felton, he gets into the paint and scores, or kicks out, ball swings and the open shooter takes the 3.

We're not always going to have hot 3 point shooting nights, but we're getting a hell of a lot of open shots. Nearly noone is forcing contested 3s. We're not even hitting a ridiculous clip from the 3 this year.

I'm assuming you're not watching us.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    Have you seen the looks we've been getting, or just checking box scores?

The 3's are generally well within the flow of the offence, our ball movement is great and we're playing very unselfish. Melo draws so much attention and with Kidd, Novak and Smith out there, you have to either stay close to your man and hope Melo can't be stopped 1 on 1, or double Melo and hope we miss our 3s. Last night noone could stay in front of Felton, he gets into the paint and scores, or kicks out, ball swings and the open shooter takes the 3.

We're not always going to have hot 3 point shooting nights, but we're getting a hell of a lot of open shots. Nearly noone is forcing contested 3s. We're not even hitting a ridiculous clip from the 3 this year.

I'm assuming you're not watching us.
    Fixed

Some of you are going to find out why people who know what they are talking about say the playoffs are a different game.

I don't think the Knicks are trash or SVG's Magic, but you are guys are legitimately comparing them to the most unlikely champion of the past 20 years.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    Fixed

Makes no sense.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I agree... Blowing teams out by 20 is a bad strategy. I just can't remember why.

Local High School Star

Makes no sense.
    my bad misread it

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    my bad misread it

Figured you did haha

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I agree... Blowing teams out by 20 is a bad strategy. I just can't remember why.

Some of you are going to find out why people who know what they are talking about say the playoffs are a different game.

I don't think the Knicks are trash or SVG's Magic, but you are guys are legitimately comparing them to the most unlikely champion of the past 20 years.

We'll see.

Miami killed us in the playoffs last year because (amongst other reasons) defensively they closed out on the perimeter quicker than anyone. This year it's not there, Wade looks old, Bron is the only one who can close out that quick.

I'm not saying we beat Miami in a 7 game series, but it's not going to be 4-1 this time round that's for sure.

Miami killed us in the playoffs last year because (amongst other reasons) defensively they closed out on the perimeter quicker than anyone. This year it's not there, Wade looks old, Bron is the only one who can close out that quick.

I'm not saying we beat Miami in a 7 game series, but it's not going to be 4-1 this time round that's for sure.
    Oh definitely, I agree with you on that. You guys have vastly improved and played extremely well, but these lofty comparisons are kinda early.

I would like to add that Wade will most likely improve as the season goes on, and so will Bosh. It's not like they could have played worse than last night.