Kobe - 94
    Dwight - 93
    Cp3 - 93
    Durant - 92
    Rose - 92
    Melo - 91
    Deron - 90
    STAT/Russell - 88

Dirk - 85 (WTF?!?!?!!?!?!!?) They couldn't even give him one for winning the championships leaving him at the same place he was in 2k11, pathetic.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/home/blo...tl=US&.lang=en

Kobe being 3rd best is arguable, Dirk being disrespected is unreal, I'm glad that they at least got Cp3>Rose.
    Last edited by NBAller; 09-29-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Default Re: NBA2k12s top10 best, and Dirk.

This is my post regarding the subject from another thread:
    The ratings are just an average of all his stats. That's why Dirk (and to an extent Bosh) have such low rankings, they have really good parts of their games but they have a few categories like steals, blocks, athleticism/vertical, speed, etc that aren't that high so it really brings down their average. Where as LeBron has every stat high so his average is extremely high.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Going skill by skill...the only things you could rank Dirk highly at is shooting and if you have to find another one...offensive awareness. Thats it. Hes not a rebounder much anymore. Hes not a high level defender on or off the ball. hes not very athletic. His passing is good for a bigman but not...guard good.

You give him high shooting ratings and do the rest honestly hes not having a high rating. Not sure what people fail to see there. Want them to pretend a guy getting 6-7 rebounds a game is a top rebounder? Make him faster than he is? Make him a top flight shot blocker? What?

What would they do to bump up his overall rating that isnt just lying about his ability? They gave him 99 mid range and close. What else can they do?

doesnt really matter.

i can kill it with Dirk all day on 2K

hell, you can tear people up with a guy like Deshawn Stevenson if you learn how to use him properly.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Going skill by skill...the only things you could rank Dirk highly at is shooting and if you have to find another one...offensive awareness. Thats it. Hes not a rebounder much anymore. Hes not a high level defender on or off the ball. hes not very athletic. His passing is good for a bigman but not...guard good.

You give him high shooting ratings and do the rest honestly hes not having a high rating. Not sure what people fail to see there. Want them to pretend a guy getting 6-7 rebounds a game is a top rebounder? Make him faster than he is? Make him a top flight shot blocker? What?

What would they do to bump up his overall rating that isnt just lying about his ability? They gave him 99 mid range and close. What else can they do?
    Shot inside, close, medium, 3pt, low post, freethrow, layup, dunk, standing dunk, shoot in traffic, he has some handles, off hand dribbling, ball security, pass, on ball defense isn't terrible, as u said offensive awareness, his defensive awareness isn't horrible, offensive clutch, consistency, stamina, durability, emotion.

none of those have gotten any better is what whoever made the game is telling me, i call bullshit.

besides all of that, who doesn't have dirk in their top10 besides 2k12?

Why would any of those get better? He prove himself to be a better off hand dribbler in the playoffs? Look like a great standing dunker?

They gave him 99s in what he did in the playoffs. 99s. Who else is a 99 in anything other than consistency and maybe guys like Kidd or Nash in offensive awareness?

You use dirk in the demo? He doesnt miss. I could drop 50 at will with him in 2k11 just off fadeaways in the high post. And they made him better. And his 3s go in this year. They made him better.

They dont need to bump up his overall by lying about what hes good at. hes the best shooter in the game I bet. They dont need to do anything else.

I rule the local playground MELOgamaniac's Avatar

Dirk is rated fairly...he is not good enough to be any higher...his strong suits are shooting from anyhere on the court, FT shooting, O awarness, some clutchness, and bball iq...everything else he is below average or average at especially for his position.
    he is weak rebounder for a 4, cant play D, has ok handles, is not young so he cant gather points on the potential rating like durant does, does not block shots well, is not a supreme athetle, not fast nor quick , cant jump high,

for ex. Most people will state dirk > bosh..but when u break down individual skill in categories, they not that far apart. Dirk is better in proally every offensive category but that margins are not mind blowingly apart, and bosh, is younger, more athletic, faster, etc. and thats why they ratings arent majorily apart. 85 to 80

Why would any of those get better? He prove himself to be a better off hand dribbler in the playoffs? Look like a great standing dunker?

They gave him 99s in what he did in the playoffs. 99s. Who else is a 99 in anything other than consistency and maybe guys like Kidd or Nash in offensive awareness?

You use dirk in the demo? He doesnt miss. I could drop 50 at will with him in 2k11 just off fadeaways in the high post. And they made him better. And his 3s go in this year. They made him better.

They dont need to bump up his overall by lying about what hes good at. hes the best shooter in the game I bet. They dont need to do anything else.
    If you don't think that any of what I listed should have gotten any better than there's nothing more I can really say.

btw, i'm pretty sure the difficulty on the demo is on rookie. not missing there isn't impressive.
    Last edited by NBAller; 09-29-2011 at 02:19 PM.

hell, you can tear people up with a guy like Deshawn Stevenson if you learn how to use him properly.

Agreed. Ratings dont matter too much in 2K. I can guarantee that you can EASILY catch fire and take over a game with Dirk.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

there are alot of intangibles in real life that that be translated to video game rankings. I'm sure the 2k12 team, if they were actually talking basketball, wouldn't put Dirk below Melo or Amare.

People complained about this last year as well, but did anyone actually have a problem playing with him? The reason his overall is low is because his defense/rebounding for his position isn't good, so it's weighted more heavily against him. He's still a beast offensively.

So Dirk....at 33....should have his standing dunk improving? He became a better dribbler with his left hand since april? his Ft shooting should go up even though hes shot better in past years? You are just naming random skills they have no reason to improve. Which im guessing is why theydidnt. Its not supposed to be emotional. They arent gonna make Dirk a better standing dunker to boost his overall. They gave him 99s at what he does. All they should do. You should care if he doesnt play well not what his rating is. The rating is skill by skill by position. Dirk does not have many high level power forward skills.

His same numbers as a swingman might make him higher. Who knows? Doesnt matter. They rate him off what he is. Not what you want his final number to be. The final number means nothing on the game anyway. Its just to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    People complained about this last year as well, but did anyone actually have a problem playing with him? The reason his overall is low is because his defense/rebounding for his position isn't good, so it's weighted more heavily against him. He's still a beast offensively.
    They ****ed his shot up in that game like they ****ed his ratings up in this game.

How is Dirk overall lower than Melo's?

Dirk real overall score - 95

So Dirk....at 33....should have his standing dunk improving? He became a better dribbler with his left hand since april? his Ft shooting should go up even though hes shot better in past years? You are just naming random skills they have no reason to improve. Which im guessing is why theydidnt. Its not supposed to be emotional. They arent gonna make Dirk a better standing dunker to boost his overall. They gave him 99s at what he does. All they should do. You should care if he doesnt play well not what his rating is. The rating is skill by skill by position. Dirk does not have many high level power forward skills.

His same numbers as a swingman might make him higher. Who knows? Doesnt matter. They rate him off what he is. Not what you want his final number to be. The final number means nothing on the game anyway. Its just to look at.
    Why did they make Dirks shooting 99 when he has shot better in the past? Why did his shooting go up yet his rating stays the same?