Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The winner of the Melo sweepstake is the team that does NOT get him

I'm sorry, I think he's too one dimensional to be a franchise player. ISO ball can only get you so far until the other team realizes all they have to do is put their player on you, throw the double team, and egg you into a 3 point shooting contest. If Melo is so damn good, then explain to me why the knicks still suck a*s? Sure he's had some success in Denver, but that prob has more to do with George Karl than him. Of course, this is all subjective, so fire away.

With that said, look at the list of FA in 2015-2017:

KD
    Anthony Davis
    Damian Lilliard
    Kevin Love
    Kawhi Leonard
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Marc Gasol

And many more ..

I'm not saying all of those guys are better than Melo. Each player is better suited for a particular team, for example, if I were the bulls, I would rather wait for Anthony Davis because I think he is a better fit with Thibs and his defense mantra. Davis and Noah protecting the rim = the spurs twin towers of Duncan and Robinson = a championship.

Just my opinion. I have absolutely no faith in Melo; I think teams should wait it out for players better suited for their team. If I were the Lakers, I would be aiming for KD and Anthony Davis, not Melo. If I were the Heat, I would try to clear cap space to get Marc Gasol, and if I were the rockets, I would try and get Damian Lilliard. All of them are better fits for their respective teams imo.

Default Re: The winner of the Melo sweepstake is the team that does NOT get him

[COLOR="Magenta"]How do the knicks suck a s s wen they made it the 2nd round back wen they were actually healthy?[/COLOR]

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

highly accurate. melo is not a max player on a title team

Quote Originally Posted by aboss4real24
    [COLOR="Magenta"]How do the knicks suck a s s wen they made it the 2nd round back wen they were actually healthy?[/COLOR]
    Jeremy Lin.

Very good NBA starter

With the way people talk about Melo you'd think the guy should be in the D-league

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Jeremy Lin.
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Lin wasnt on the knicks last year ......

and they lost in the 1st round wen they had lin

Just proves u a dum as z[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"] Ngga[/COLOR]
    Last edited by aboss4real24; 07-05-2014 at 07:14 PM.

rank sentamentalist

he makes the bulls a legitimate contender

every other team would be wasting their money. especially the lakers and the rockets.

[COLOR="Magenta"]Lin wasnt on the knicks last year ......

and they lost in the 1st round wen they had lin

Just proves u a dum as z[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"] Ngga[/COLOR]
    Fair enough, I don't follow sh*tty teams, especially in a sh*t conference: the east.

2nd round

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Fair enough, I don't follow sh*tty teams, especially in a sh*t conference: the east.
    Damn you straight up ethered him, why u wanna go and do that son

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    he makes the bulls a legitimate contender

every other team would be wasting their money. especially the lakers and the rockets.
    I beg to differ. Thibs is all about defense and that is the success formula the bulls have. With Melo, that formula will deteriorate. What looks good on paper won't translate to real world success. The best fit would be Anthony Davis. I doubt he'll stay a Pelican. Dude's itching for the big market; with him protecting the rim next to Noah it'll fit right in Thibs game plan. A guy like Davis might not put up 30 like Melo, but it'll make the team more well rounded and the interior defense the best since Prime Duncan and Robinson.

Lamarcus Aldridge sucks

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Then you shouldn't be talkin trash about a player you dont even watch. You are just regurgitating outdated and wrong info about Melo and you dont even watch him How tf would you know if he is good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Then you shouldn't be talkin trash about a player you dont even watch. You are just regurgitating outdated and wrong info about Melo and you dont even watch him How tf would you know if he is good or not.
    Melo type players are the easiest to shut down according to any good coach. He is too one dimensional and chucks his way out of a bad shooting slump. Definitely not franchise worthy material. He's just a taller James Harden.

Melo type players are the easiest to shut down according to any good coach. He is too one dimensional and chucks his way out of a bad shooting slump. Definitely not franchise worthy material. He's just a taller James Harden.
    You should stop replying, watch more hoop and learn something. Melo is top 5 in the game... forget what you read here.