Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller ILLEFEX's Avatar

Default Re: Anybody else think Derrick Rose will be a BUST?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh-2-Def
    Bust=Not living up to the hype given
    Sebastian Telfair is a talented point guard, but he's a bust as well because he didn't live up to the hype. He was suppose to be Chris Paul before anybody knew Chris Paul if you know what I mean.
    you're right about that.........but, is that rose's fault.......its the media!
    kid just plays his game man.......rose is not even 1st team all america and lots of media is saying he could be number 1...........he just does his thing.......i don't think he's asking to be treated like this, just that everyone else makes him out to be............

Sebastian Telfair is a talented point guard, but he's a bust as well because he didn't live up to the hype. He was suppose to be Chris Paul before anybody knew Chris Paul if you know what I mean.
    so he has to be better than CP in order to live up to hype?

don't think so. CP has set the bar incredibly high this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    so he has to be better than CP in order to live up to hype?

don't think so. CP has set the bar incredibly high this season.
    No he doesn't have to be as good as CP, but Paul has personified what a point guard should be and with all the comparisons Rose is getting to Paul/Williams I think he will fail. Like I said he will be a good player, but just not as good as these two point guard wise.

Decent playground baller ILLEFEX's Avatar

hey man, i understand that cp and deron has set the bar........but, you never really know what car happen........we all nkow that those guys are really good.......but, it doesn't mean that rose might not be as good.........he might not be better, but he might be good than what some might say........

did the clippers knew olowakandi would suck like sh!t?

i don't think so or else he would never go number 1 then...........

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Why do so many people on ISH typle like this..........I mean how hard is it to use a period and two spaces.......It's extremely annoying......please stop.............................................. ........

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Why do so many people on ISH typle like this..........I mean how hard is it to use a period and two spaces.......It's extremely annoying......please stop.............................................. ........
    FYI - Two spaces after a period was for typewriters. Style manuals now tell you to use one space.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
    hey man, i understand that cp and deron has set the bar........but, you never really know what car happen........we all nkow that those guys are really good.......but, it doesn't mean that rose might not be as good.........he might not be better, but he might be good than what some might say........

did the clippers knew olowakandi would suck like sh!t?

i don't think so or else he would never go number 1 then...........
    Being drafted at #1 means you will be a franchise changing player. When I look at this kid, I see TJ Ford with better playmaking skills although he does remind me of a young Marbury. He will be a special player, but his whole career will be based on potential which I doubt he will ever live up to.

Jerryd Bayless definitely isn't a full time point guard. He's a combo guard, and more of a 2/1 rather than a 1/2. I think he is a great prospect, reminds me a lot of Monta Ellis -with a worst case scenario a today's Randy Foye-. Depending on which team is picking, I'd consider taking him ahead of any guard not named Rose.

Learning to shoot layups OliverThizz's Avatar

Ok, you are obviously a homer and are trying to big up Bayless, but theres no point in saying Rose will be a bust when he obviously has the tools to become a solid PG in the NBA. Anyways, if you are going to be a homer then you should be mentioning Brandon Jennings cause hes gonna be better than any of the pg's in this draft or the next. In fact, Jennings is the one who will be a top 3 PG in the next 5 years. Bookmark THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by OliverThizz
    Ok, you are obviously a homer and are trying to big up Bayless, but theres no point in saying Rose will be a bust when he obviously has the tools to become a solid PG in the NBA. Anyways, if you are going to be a homer then you should be mentioning Brandon Jennings cause hes gonna be better than any of the pg's in this draft or the next. In fact, Jennings is the one who will be a top 3 PG in the next 5 years. Bookmark THAT!
    You call me a homer and then you make a homer statement. Get the fck out of here with that.

thing is, you present no single argument for rose being a bust other than your personal gut feeling. that's some lousy posting right there.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Watching his game, I see a young Stephon Marbury type player. Not saying he won't be a solid NBA performer, but no way he's going to be as good as Chris Paul.
    Odd thing is before the draft most people saying Paul was overrated said hed be a stats having loser like Marbury. If you go to the old ezboard ISH and look in the draft or college forums from years ago a lot of people had Felton as a better NBA point.

Banned

No he wasn't,anybody with a brain knew he wasn't going to immediately do anything coming into the NBA from high school,let alone a public high school.He was an incomplete PG even then so you knew he would struggle,coming out of that class most people would say Kyle Lowry was the most complete PG.A High School PG coming into the NBA is like an 8th grader going directly to college,because you're missing those crucial years that shape you as a player.

Telfair's definetly not a bust it'll be another 2 years before you see starter caliber production from him.

You call me a homer and then you make a homer statement. Get the fck out of here with that.
    Eh imo Jennings will end up being a better point guard than Bayless. Jennings and Rose is closer than Rose and Bayless.

Banned

I think Derrick Rose has the potential to become the next Gary Payton,it depends on the system and the talent around him to determine if he will reach his potential.

He could just as easily be the next Antonio Daniels,but due to the hype around him already being the next Antonio Daniels would classify him as a Bust.

Am I the only one who notices the similarities between Antonio Daniels' game,and Derrick Rose's game.
    I'll give Rose the edge in that hes faster and is younger than Daniels when he entered the NBA.