Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

What's the problem with Wally Sczerbiak? I keep reading in reports how he always grates on players and they get sick of him and are glad to hear him leave. Is he a complete ******* or something? Or do they just get tired of his game?

Banned

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

Chicago Bulls teams' Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas seemed superb against Nuggets. Ben Wallece's leaving will be better for both.

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

nice to see BULLS alive and well.

the idea of larry hughes as the savior of the bulls is certainly original, if nothing. he shot 37% next to the guy who probably gets most defensive attention in the whole league, but he'll magically start shooting 48% now when he's on the bulls. make sense, i guess.

hes a poor mans lebron, he wont be a shooter he'll play the way he did with the wizards, getting his points off driving into the lane. he'll shoot well again but he wasnt a good fit if ur building aroung lebron.

It's strange seeing Ben Wallace in a Cavs jersey. I spent years rooting against him b/c he always played on our arch rival teams. I hope that a change of scenery, being part of a more defensive oriented philosophy, and playing alongside another big man in Z can revitalize him. If this happens, between him and the other 3 in that frontcourt rotation (Z, Andy, Joe Smith), we might have one of the best, most imposing front lines in the NBA. Size, strength, tenacity, and intimidation are all things we can potentially have in high doses.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Done deal: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics pull off 11-player deal

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    no I don't think he did... hughes shot 37.7 percent so far this season what makes him the best offensive player on the bulls now?
    I just felt like pointing out one of his glaring contradictions. It gets boring with repetition, but slapping him around every once in a while is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    It's strange seeing Ben Wallace in a Cavs jersey. I spent years rooting against him b/c he always played on our arch rival teams.
    Yeah that's really strange. He and Andy are now teammates

the only thing more improbable than trading ben wallace's contract....

trading larry hughes' contract.

they make about the same but ben is 250lbs of muscle, has tons of experience, and yes a ring or two. larry hughes has a fragile body, bad luck, and occasionally a bad attitude. if you are gonna pay 13-15mil a year for one, who do you take? the big mean defensive center with a ring, not the fragile 2 guard that shoots 37% for 40 games a season then gets hurt. that's basic.

so the only thing more improbably than trading larry hughes' contract?

calling him the best player on the bulls. if that's true now, you guys really are worse off than i thought. what about deng? gordon? heinrich? noah? these guys aren't better than larry freakin hughes? wow. and the bulls fans were talking smack about coming out of the east. never.

its seems like lots of people like to play the starting line-up game, but this trade is about depth.

pieces. flexibility. mike brown already has the player than no one can cover 1-on-1, but now mike brown can go (very) big, he can go small, he can go half-court get every rebound, he can go early offense and run, he can bust a zone, and now he can burn the box and 1

when you are 3 deep at most of your positions you go that much deeper in the playoffs, you wear down the less-deep teams, and you overcome injuries and off-nights much easier.

to say why get wallace you have andy is dumb. they are similar but not the same (plus andy is like 24). andy has little experience, ben has the all of it.

why get ben when you have z? same thing, it's about depth and complimentary players. z is a shooter, a decent passer, and not a bruiser nor an enforcer. ben is everything he is not (except small).

Angry Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

Quote Originally Posted by BULLS
    I agree that it's pathetic, but that's why they are the Chicago Baby Bulls, the least talented team in the entire league.
    Now with that statement I totally disagree with you and 85% of this whole board would agree with me that they're not near the worst in the league and should be a lot better record wise, for the talent they have on their team. Don't even call yourself Bulls if you think the Bulls are the least talentend team. What a ****in joke!

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

They are certainly near the worst in the league. Just look at their record. But talent-wise, they are unquestionably the worst team in the league. Their two best players are Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden. How sad is that?

Before the trade, their two best players (Gordon and Deng) would have been 7th or 8th men on most playoff teams. That's why they struggled this year. There are too many players playing roles they aren't comfortable with. For example, Luol Deng is a starter. On most playoff teams (East or West, doesn't matter), he wouldn't start because he isn't good enough. Same applies to Gordon. However, both of these guys are playing 35+ minutes a game when they really should be playing around 10-15.

R U serious, ANYBODY in there right mind would take Gordon and Deng over Hughes and Gooden in a straight up 2 for 2 deal.

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

Now that Big Ben is gone, how much worse does the Chandler trade look? And they also gave away JR for nothing. Paxson is the worst GM in the league right now.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

You say that now, because you really haven't seen how overrated Gordon and Deng are. Before this trade went down, if Gordon and Deng were playing on your team, they'd probably play about 7-10 minutes per game. High school LeBron is much better than Deng will ever be, and Hughes is better than Gordon at every facet of this game outside of scoring (where it's very close).

The only thing Gooden and Hughes have on Gordon and Deng is size. Deng and Gooden aren't even in the same sentence talent wise. Deng is Young with a long wingspan and the talent to score 20ppg. he also could develop into a good defender. Gooden is an Enigma he has talent but for every good gm he has 10 bad ones. VERY inconsistant. As far as Hughes goes he is a good role player and plays solid D but his shooting is atrocious at times and he takes bad shots. Gordan is a better scorer and is more clutch. Out of the two Hughes is a little closer value wise. Because he is bigger and can play good D.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jordan Pippen Rodman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Now that Big Ben is gone, how much worse does the Chandler trade look? And they also gave away JR for nothing. Paxson is the worst GM in the league right now.
    you're reaching now. Paxson traded for Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, and Thabo Sefolosha. that's pure brilliance.

chandler missed dozens of games as a bull due to HEARTBURN! heartburn! take a pepcid you big ***** and get in the game. chandler would still be a soft, overgrown 10 year old if in chicago. he only looks good because he has a hall of fame PG. i'd take Noah any day over tyson chandler. noah is a natural leader and has all of the heart in the world. plus noah will easily average a double-double. but best of all, noah can run the floor better than almost any C in the nba.

JR Smith is a thug. he's classless. he only shows up when he plays the bulls. that's why he can't even start on his squad. it's not like the nugz have utah jazz like depth. smith would never fit on the bulls with his attitude and thug behavior. i'm glad he's tainting denver's locker room and not chicago's. obviously something is wrong in denver because they won't even make the playoffs...paxson made a great trade two days ago. Paxson is one of the best GM's in the league.

the cavs actually believe ben wallace is the big ben of 4 years ago. ask anyone in illinois or anyone in michigan and they will tell you chicago got the best of that trade and it was amazing that paxson was able to trade that $16 million per year contract away. ben is a cancer. who cut that out? paxson cut that cancer out.
    Last edited by Jordan Pippen Rodman; 02-23-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Pippen Rodman
    you're reaching now. Paxson traded for Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Joakim Noah, and Thabo Sefolosha. that's pure brilliance.

chandler missed dozens of games as a bull due to HEARTBURN! heartburn! take a pepcid you big ***** and get in the game. chandler would still be a soft, overgrown 10 year old if in chicago. he only looks good because he has a hall of fame PG. i'd take Noah any day over tyson chandler. noah is a natural leader and has all of the heart in the world. plus noah will easily average a double-double. but best of all, noah can run the floor better than almost any C in the nba.

JR Smith is a thug. he's classless. he only shows up when he plays the bulls. that's why he can't even start on his squad. it's not like the nugz have utah jazz like depth. smith would never fit on the bulls with his attitude and thug behavior. i'm glad he's tainting denver's locker room and not chicago's. obviously something is wrong in denver because they won't even make the playoffs...paxson made a great trade two days ago. Paxson is one of the best GM's in the league.

the cavs actually believe ben wallace is the big ben of 4 years ago. ask anyone in illinois or anyone in michigan and they will tell you chicago got the best of that trade and it was amazing that paxson was able to trade that $16 million per year contract away. ben is a cancer. who cut that out? paxson cut that cancer out.

To be honest, after the way we played last night, I almost don't even want Hughes or Drew to play for the Bulls.

I loved the rotation Boylan played last night, and the minutes allotted to Noah, Thomas, Gray, etc.