Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013 Wimbledon Thread

i think so far in this tournament from what ive seen bouchard is the cutest and kirilenko the most f*ckable tennis player

sharapova loses points by being too tall and dating an nba scrub

Watching the 3rd set now. Serena has been up a break twice in this set... crazy to see Serena get her serve broken once in a set, let alone twice.

   

i'm not as happy as i thought i'd be to see serena lose. when she's gracious and friendly i have zero problem with her. she seemed to give lisicki full credit this time instead of making the usual lame excuses.

on another note, i finally read the famous "federer as religious experience" article by the late david foster wallace:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/sp...anted=all&_r=0

i was never particularly a fed fan, somewhat because he kind of nailed the agassi - sampras era closed with his coming. but i think i get it now... get why so many fans adore him. he took that sign posted in the wimbledon hallways that said 'the power racket era makes all previous tennis obsolete' and he demolished it. nice work, roger!

but, sorry... it's too late for me. the djoker is still my favorite player since agassi is retired.

I dont see how anyone has djoker as a favorite player. He does have the best ground strokes and movement combo ever(after he got on peds)

Facts Are Misleading

I'm probably in the minority, but prime Joker is as good a tennis player as anyone I have ever seen.

I just started watching tennis freshman year in college (fall of 05, one of my hallmates was a big fan of Federer before he became huge). Still not a hardocre fan, but I watch the hell out of the GS. Fed/Rafa/Djoker all have done absolutely incredible stuff, but I wonder if my frame of reference is skewed because I wasn't watching earlier. Are all three legitimately top tier players (which they seem to be, to me), or are they just so far ahead of the pack that it seems that way?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i'm not as happy as i thought i'd be to see serena lose. when she's gracious and friendly i have zero problem with her. she seemed to give lisicki full credit this time instead of making the usual lame excuses.

on another note, i finally read the famous "federer as religious experience" article by the late david foster wallace:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/sp...anted=all&_r=0

i was never particularly a fed fan, somewhat because he kind of nailed the agassi - sampras era closed with his coming. but i think i get it now... get why so many fans adore him. he took that sign posted in the wimbledon hallways that said 'the power racket era makes all previous tennis obsolete' and he demolished it. nice work, roger!

but, sorry... it's too late for me. the djoker is still my favorite player since agassi is retired.
    My sentiments regarding Fed too, I used to be a Sampras fan, still my favorite player is Djoker as well. Mostly because he forced himself on what was going to be a Federer Nadal era.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    I'm probably in the minority, but prime Joker is as good a tennis player as anyone I have ever seen.
    He's not as good as prime fed(Feds fh was the best shot in tennis history) but yeah the peded up version of djoker is a beast

Wanted Sloan to win, but Bartoli is also one of my favorite players. Such fire in that one.

is that nemanja vidic up in djokovics box?

del potro up 2 sets to love on david ferrer, despite hurting his knee early in the match. amazing performance, hes practically playing on one leg.

Poor Ferrer.....

Oh the Bealsanity

So Verdasco have any shot of fastest forehand on tour? The dude has a cannon. Always been a fan of the lefties.

Murray is helpless against Verdasco's serves.

lol jinxed it hard

Verdasco just wastes so many opportunities. Might cost him this match.