Page 8 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    From what I have read today Derrick Rose has changed his mind slightly and will now take a visit to Illinois. If you land him you guys will forget all about Eric Gordon. I pray for you and your university's sake that you land Rose. He could isntantly make you guys contenders for at least the sweet 16. Plus I have Memphis which is where many people think he will end up. Good Luck Illini fans.

I've sorely misjudged you. Accept my apologies.

As for Rose, from the videos on youtube and what not, he seems more talented than Gordon and has better room for growth.

EDIT: I'm not saying that cause I am bitter or what not, just that it was my observation. Gordon definitely is the outbreak scorer and a guy that can carry a program. He also has intangibles I don't see in Derrick like vocal leadership, and just an energy like Dee had... I just liked Rose better as a prospect.
    Last edited by wang4three; 10-26-2006 at 10:52 PM.

Learning to shoot layups shawnkempslovechild's Avatar

My only advice to Illinois fans are dont get to excited. I still think it is a longshot, But it is a good sign he is visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnkempslovechild
    My only advice to Illinois fans are dont get to excited. I still think it is a longshot, But it is a good sign he is visiting.
    I won't. I still believe in the Adidas thing that was mentioned before. I hope our school never changes from Nike, especially for one kid.

Decent playground baller ThaKing's Avatar

I agree that Rose should be a better prospect than Gordon. Gordon benifited greatly playing with Rose. Rose would drive and everyone would surround him, then kick it out to a wide open Gordon more often then not. Im just not sure Gordon can do it alone. Rose is more of a guy that will make his teammates better and would really benifit a team without a bunch all-stars, say...Illinois?

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

I can't believe we are up 21-3 on wisconson right now! Hopefully we can keep it up throughout the game.

ofcourse we blow it.

I tried to make the scrimmage last night, but it was my friend's birthday so I couldn't. Anyone have an article on what Derrick Rose thought?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colle...rose28.article
    It's tough not to get your hopes up!
    I also read that he was wearing an orange shirt and orange and black Nike shoes on another message board.

NIKE RULES THE WORLD!!!!

I can see why he likes Adidas though, from what I've read he's not a real emotional player and has that Chauncey Billups, Gilbert Arenas, thing going for him. Probably likes T-Mac too and has Duncan's stoicism.

However, wouldn't he rather play like Kidd, Nash, Deron, Chris Paul? To a lesser extent, Kobe, Vince, LeBron, Pierce Ray Allen, and Richard Jefferson (just had to throw that out there).

Besides, he wouldnt be able to get an endorsement till he goes pro and thats when it will real matter. Till then, he should enjoy all the Nike endorsements and the wide spread of the selling of Nike products. I mean, Nike can retro his jersey to be sold like they do for Carmelo, Deron, etc.

Rose to make a decision this saturday I believe.
    Brian Randle out 7-10 days with a groin injury. Hopefully it won't stay with him for too long.

I heard Randle is considering the NBA after this season.. If that means he's gonna play extra hard, I'm all for it.

Randle to the NBA? I wouldn't worry too much Illini fans. You have to be able to do more than dunk. Thats why the Pacers released James White today.

That is true. His jumper is very streaky, but he does play great defense and has a lot of heart. However, for him to make it he'll have to be a big time scorer too. He's a good teammate.

As for Rose, decision is Saturday, but can't help but feel he'll go to Memphis...

"His jumper is very streaky"

I can think of a few other words that describe his jump shot better than streaky, but i digress.

As for Rose, anything can happen. There's a better chance that Rose will go to Illinois, than Randle making the NBA. Just my 2 cents.

Ok so his jumper is very inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    "His jumper is very streaky"

I can think of a few other words that describe his jump shot better than streaky, but i digress.

As for Rose, anything can happen. There's a better chance that Rose will go to Illinois, than Randle making the NBA. Just my 2 cents.
    Then it's 100%