Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Default Jeremy Lin

He's been tearing up the Ivy League with 18 points, 4 assists, 5.5 boards, and 2.4 steals shooting 40% from 3 pt. land and over 50% from the field. He destroyed BC and Tyrese Rice with 27 points and 6 steals in Harvard's first win over a ranked opponent in ages.

Anyone think he's got a chance to get drafted in the second round if he can improve on his junior season?

Not airballing my layups anymore lil_miketaylor's Avatar

Default Re: Jeremy Lin

Maybe if he did good in a draft camp, that would most likely be the only way he would even be considered for the 2nd round.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I've been following him this year since that win over BC. It'll be tough for him cause he doesn't have great athleticism or height, but if he works really hard he may be just one of those guys that just finds a way to stick on a team by hustle and being a good teammate. However, I think it's most likely that if he wants to continue ball, he'll have to go overseas or play in the NBDL.

I don't think he'll be considered for the 2nd round though, even in a weak year. Tommy Amaker is his coach and I'm just reminded of Daniel Horton when I see Jeremy...though Daniel was a better player and when's the last time you heard of him?
    Last edited by wang4three; 05-13-2009 at 01:46 PM.

National High School Star STelfair31's Avatar

he can shoot the lights out...

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I saw him last year against Yale and he looked like he couldn't create much for anyone else.
    He kind of looks awkward when he plays. He's good at drawing fouls, and I think some of that is because of his awkward footwork.

He's not as good a prospect as Barea was, and that's as close a guess as I can make for him.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

sorry china men don't make the league unless your 7 feet+

He may not have been drafted, but he did get signed by the Warriors.

Great success story and inspiration for a lot of kids out there. Do work Jeremy!

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I've been following him this year since that win over BC. It'll be tough for him cause he doesn't have great athleticism or height, but if he works really hard he may be just one of those guys that just finds a way to stick on a team by hustle and being a good teammate. However, I think it's most likely that if he wants to continue ball, he'll have to go overseas or play in the NBDL.

I don't think he'll be considered for the 2nd round though, even in a weak year. Tommy Amaker is his coach and I'm just reminded of Daniel Horton when I see Jeremy...though Daniel was a better player and when's the last time you heard of him?
    I suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    sorry china men don't make the league unless your 7 feet+
    What an INCORRECT racist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I saw him last year against Yale and he looked like he couldn't create much for anyone else.
    He kind of looks awkward when he plays. He's good at drawing fouls, and I think some of that is because of his awkward footwork.

He's not as good a prospect as Barea was, and that's as close a guess as I can make for him.

Your guess is 100% incorrect. Saw him play last week in Vegas and he held his own against everybody. Provided spark for his team. And is about to get signed.

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    Your guess is 100% incorrect. Saw him play last week in Vegas and he held his own against everybody. Provided spark for his team. And is about to get signed.
    he already got signed, introduced and had a press conference with the Warriors.

jeremy lin has one of my favorite players in the league, mostly because he came outta NOWHERE.

great inspiration for ballers everywhere

Saw a basketball once

He will likely play for a while for PR/marketing purposes. Then he will likley become a coach or work in the front office.

Q&A session...

[QUOTE][I]The Bay Area's newest rock star is Jeremy Lin, an undrafted rookie guard from Harvard whose primary r

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

cheeng chong cheeng thats don't eff wit my eggroll bitz! in chinese