Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Tell me about DeAndre Jordan

Last year I watched alittle bit of him ,, this year only saw a couple games.
    HE is averaging per stats about 24 minutes a game and about 7 boards , 9 ppg neighborhood.

He is 22 and last year some of the Clip fans said his foot work was horrible.

Hows he doing now , and do you think this off-season there is a new contract or extension his way ??

he has size and height , and looks to be a good fit with Grif ... your take

Banned

Default Re: Tell me about DeAndre Jordan

his problem was getting into foul trouble, fumbling the ball, going for highlight blocks every play. he has improved a huge amount in all of those, and he is playing great. most definitely gonna get a nice extension.

Johnson is a beast.

Main issue in the past is his foul trouble and inability to stay in the floor for extended periods of time. He has really been able to harness his fouls and a really huge improvement I have seen is in his footwork. Yes he is clumsy at times, but he does a lot of things he didnt used to. Like hesitate before going up for the dunk as a defender flies by and not rushing things. He is a perfect compliment to Griffin and I hope he gets re-signed

oh sht leeg n

hes solid.. always liked the guy

Layups I usually hit yhaanraads's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JrueHoliday11
    hes solid.. always liked the guy
    This, if he keeps working hard. In a few years him and blake will be the new twin towers!

Great athlete for a 7 footer. Can be a consistent defensive presence when his mind catches up to his body and he plays defense the right way. I doubt he will ever have an offensive game besides the put backs and lobs but we don't need that from him anyways. I love the guy and hope he stays in a Clipper uniform for years and he gives us that dominant defensive presence at C.

He's a big 7 footer. He works great next to Blake Griffin since he doesn't need the ball unlike Kaman. He blocks shots and plays good defense. He sometimes commits dumb and unnecessary fouls but he is still young. He tries to block every shot into the 5th row.

Him and Blake have potential to become a dominant PF/C duo

Is he still a pogo stick that jumps for every headfake? That was my biggest gripe on Jordan on the defensive end, along with not boxing out. If he can get those down and stop relying so much on his athleticism and length, the Clippers got the biggest steal of the 2008 draft, considering he fell to #35 after being rumored to be a lottery selection.

I can still remember him as a rookie.
    Guy is RAW but exactly the type of guy you need next to blake.
    a DRob type of guy.
    He's going to allow blake to be blake and is going to rebound well, block shots and play defense. He's going to feed off of blake's attention. He will get easy buckets, clean up buckets, put backs, lobs, etc.

I really like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    I can still remember him as a rookie.
    Guy is RAW but exactly the type of guy you need next to blake.
    a DRob type of guy.
    He's going to allow blake to be blake and is going to rebound well, block shots and play defense. He's going to feed off of blake's attention. He will get easy buckets, clean up buckets, put backs, lobs, etc.

I really like the guy.
    Yea he is a perfect compliment to Blake. He still is raw though, but he has improved immensely this season. He could become one of the top defensive centers in the league. He has the length and athleticism.

French Toast Mafia Sterlingsucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Great athlete for a 7 footer. Can be a consistent defensive presence when his mind catches up to his body and he plays defense the right way. I doubt he will ever have an offensive game besides the put backs and lobs but we don't need that from him anyways. I love the guy and hope he stays in a Clipper uniform for years and he gives us that dominant defensive presence at C.
    Great picture painted of DJ...what I would say is that this year when Chris Kaman was hurt DJ showed up and received good minutes in real game time action not scrub end of the game minutes and with that experience he will be that much more willing to play hard IMO and his defensive awareness should continue to improve, If we can get him just 2-3 good post moves maybe a hook shot an up and under and a 10 foot spot jump shot from time to time would really help too

His game is similar to Tyson Chandler and if he can achieve that level, it will be a huge success for the Clippers. Would love to see him develop some offensive moves, but main thing is for him to work on his D and limit his foul trouble.

DeAndre Jordan is definitely a keeper and I'm in the "Trade Kaman" fan club. We don't need a Center to score 20 a game because we already have a PF that can score 25+(I know his average isn't that much but he's obviously capable of it). And according to Clippers.com, DJ has been working on his free throws and post moves and apparently is improving. Considering how much of a hard working player he is, I believe he'll be a better offensive player next season. He won't put up huge numbers but if he can cut down his fouls and hit about 60+% from the line and play 30+ minutes, I can see him averaging 10+ points, 11+ rebounds, and 3+ blocked shots and maybe become a candidate for defensive player of the year. Him and Griffin have great chemistry and Blake improving his game will make DJ look better mainly because he's a great passing big man. If Blake can end up knocking down that 15-20 foot jumper with with the occasional 3 on a more consistant basis, defenders will have to respect him, which will leave the inside open for lobbs and bounce passes.

The Clippers of course need to get a solid SF as a starter, but they should also focus on bringing in a veteran center. Unfortunately I can't think of any because centers suck now adays, but I'm sure there's a decent one out there. Maybe bring back Marcus Camby. In my dreams(NBA 2k11), I signed Shaq to a 1 year deal as a backup to a much improved DJ but too bad he retired