Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: The Lingend is over

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    Typical stat junkie. I suggest you start watching these games. Martins 12 first quarter points and pats second quarter along with Douglas and Delfinos 4th quarters were more instrumental. Out of Martins 12 points 1 of those assists were from lin. out of pats points only 2 or 3 at most frokm Lin.
    I watched most of the game. Lin made good passes, a lot of them leading to the guys being open all alone or in a good position to score

So the 4 steals and the other disruptions Lin caused doesn't help?
    C'mon man, BBall is a lot more than scoring!

If Lin did not run the offence, the results would be very different.
    I can see Martin jacking it up and shooting them out of the game - see Dallas game....

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

It's sad how people embrace something so much one minute and turn on that thing the next. Saw it big time with Griffin last year now people are turning on Lin. Not only is he a great guy it seems but a hard worker who will still be a very good PG for years to come. Without Mike D'Antoni coaching him and letting him run the team with that freedom he will probably never put up those 25, 10 type games again but he can absolutely be a nice 15/7 and 3-4 type of player and a borderline all star.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzForce
    I watched most of the game. Lin made good passes, a lot of them leading to the guys being open all alone or in a good position to score

So the 4 steals and the other disruptions Lin caused doesn't help?
    C'mon man, BBall is a lot more than scoring!

If Lin did not run the offence, the results would be very different.
    I can see Martin jacking it up and shooting them out of the game - see Dallas game....
    He played ok, but he wasnt the main reason the team won. His defense was alot better as was his distribution. His turnovers was low and he did a good job. However he is nowhere near what we expected he will be. Maybe as the season rolls he will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    He played ok, but he wasnt the main reason the team won. His defense was alot better as was his distribution. His turnovers was low and he did a good job. However he is nowhere near what we expected he will be. Maybe as the season rolls he will get there.
    During the Linsanity run, he did not shoot well every game either. But he ran the offense controlled the tempo and pulled off the win with clutch plays.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    It's sad how people embrace something so much one minute and turn on that thing the next. Saw it big time with Griffin last year now people are turning on Lin. Not only is he a great guy it seems but a hard worker who will still be a very good PG for years to come. Without Mike D'Antoni coaching him and letting him run the team with that freedom he will probably never put up those 25, 10 type games again but he can absolutely be a nice 15/7 and 3-4 type of player and a borderline all star.
    For the first time ever, I agree with you 100%

I never bought the hype, but I like what he can bring to a team either as a starter or of the bench. I just don't like how overrated he got and besides Griffin has much more potential than Lin does.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I never bought the hype, but I like what he can bring to a team either as a starter or of the bench. I just don't like how overrated he got and besides Griffin has much more potential than Lin does.
    Thing is... how can you NOT like the hype? This was a guy who came out of NOWHERE literally and tore the league apart for a decent stretch. A nerdy Asian kid who went to Harvard at that. It's a feel good story and there is no such thing as a 20 game fluke IMO. I think with the right coach, team around him he COULD potentially become an all star but worse case should be a good starter for years to come.

I think the only ones that truly overrated him were Knicks fans when they acted like he was an elite player or something but most people were just excited as hell about the streak. Ironically it's Knicks fans now who tear him up the most and act like he's garbage.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Thing is... how can you NOT like the hype? This was a guy who came out of NOWHERE literally and tore the league apart for a decent stretch. A nerdy Asian kid who went to Harvard at that. It's a feel good story and there is no such thing as a 20 game fluke IMO. I think with the right coach, team around him he COULD potentially become an all star but worse case should be a good starter for years to come.

I think the only ones that truly overrated him were Knicks fans when they acted like he was an elite player or something but most people were just excited as hell about the streak. Ironically it's Knicks fans now who tear him up the most and act like he's garbage.
    I agree with you about the hype. I don't think a lot of people really understand that it wasn't even about basketball; maybe 20% of it was. But the Linsanity was pushed so high because of all the stories behind it.

You got a new "Big 3" team struggling (7 games under .500) and can't seen to find their PG to run the offense. Out of nowhere, here comes some Harvard grad Asian kid who is a Jesus freak. The kid's been cut, like what, 3 times during the offseason?

Seriously, you can't write this shit. Hollywood would have NEVER thought of this. New York Times best sellers wouldn't have either. It was a really good-feel story.

Lin's highlights from today
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ5oFtPXyck

He looked good. He needs to learn to play more where he is setting up the offense, not initiating every play on the offense. He plays like Marbury (stylewise, clearly he's not so selfish), if you are on the floor with him he will score, or you can score off his pass. If you are a post player, or a player who can iso, etc. he doesn't know how to get you the ball. If there young players become stars, he's going to have to learn to feed them the ball at times to let them create, or else you turn players into stand up shooters. Like Deron, he can do both easily.

Right now all offense is ran through Lin, which worked great on the Knicks when everyone was hurt, much less so when everyone was back. It's a progression he needs to learn but with a young Rockets team he might not be called on to do so.

C'mon - HATER HATER! HE'S PERFECT!
    Last edited by niko; 10-18-2012 at 08:43 AM.

You're full of it, the whole board hated on Lin before. Now he's not a Knick so the haters want to embrace him and call out Knick fans for it. He was overrated / underrated by practically everyone on the board.
    Last edited by niko; 10-18-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He looked good. He needs to learn to play more where he is setting up the offense, not initiating every play on the offense. He plays like Marbury (stylewise, clearly he's not so selfish), if you are on the floor with him he will score, or you can score off his pass. If you are a post player, or a player who can iso, etc. he doesn't know how to get you the ball. If there young players become stars, he's going to have to learn to feed them the ball at times to let them create, or else you turn players into stand up shooters. Like Deron, he can do both easily.

Right now all offense is ran through Lin, which worked great on the Knicks when everyone was hurt, much less so when everyone was back. It's a progression he needs to learn but with a young Rockets team he might not be called on to do so.

C'mon - HATER HATER! HE'S PERFECT!
    Don't really agree, so far, he is feeding the Rocket's bigs with post ups and inside play. He just tries to find the best shot in any given situation

But it's not so much him, but how Mchale wants the offense. He wants the ball to move fast
    Last edited by BlitzForce; 10-18-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzForce
    Don't really agree, so far, he is feeding the Rocket's bigs with post ups and inside play. He just tries to find the best shot in any given situation

But it's not so much him, but how Mchale wants the offense. He wants the ball to move fast
    I guess you didn't watch him play at all last year then. You talk about him like you saw every minute he ever played.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

From what I saw of Asik in the highlights, it seems the dude still has trouble staying on the court due to foul trouble (same issue came up when he was playing for the Bulls but in less minutes). The Rockets are going to be in trouble if Asik is not in the game due to either foul trouble or injury.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    You're full of it, the whole board hated on Lin before. Now he's not a Knick so the haters want to embrace him and call out Knick fans for it. He was overrated / underrated by practically everyone on the board.
    What the...??? We had like 7 Lin threads a day with most of the board pulling for him as did the media and general fans across the nation. Sure you had a good sized group of those "It's a fluke" people but I wasn't one of them.