Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

lebron shouldnt even be in this conversation, jamez is such a drama queen

Now a Cavs fan again

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    LOL please stop embarrassing yourself. At least oscar had one ring while lebron would be ringless despite the 6 mvps. He would end up as the most overrated player in history.
    Just go home dawg. My sides are splitting from laughing so hard at your posts.

First you compare Oscar to LeBron when anyone with a brain knows LeBron is 10x better.

As if that wasn't enough, you go on to compare Kobe to Jordan.

Then you say that LeBron isn't better than Kobe.

Jordan is the only player better than LeBron. Quit denying the truth.

And it's too bad LeBron actually HAS a title and is on his way to winning 4-5 more. You think history cares how many you think he would have won if he stayed in Cleveland?
    Last edited by 2010splash; 03-25-2013 at 08:15 AM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    LOL @ Bird being in the same category as Kareem, MJ, or even Lebron.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=241244

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Just go home dawg. My sides are splitting from laughing so hard at your posts.

First you compare Oscar to LeBron when anyone with a brain knows LeBron is 10x better.

As if that wasn't enough, you go on to compare Kobe to Jordan.

Then you say that LeBron isn't better than Kobe.

Jordan is the only player better than LeBron. Quit denying the truth.

And it's too bad LeBron actually HAS a title and is on his way to winning 4-5 more. You think history cares how many you think he would have won if he stayed in Cleveland?
    only idiots think lebron is better than kobe just like bird/robertson being better than jordan/magic. wade/bosh>>>>>>>>>>>shaq so he at least needs 4 more rings to equal kobe. I actually agree with you that kobe is not comparable to jordan but hes the closest to him while lebron is just another statpadder. The rings and game just speak for itself. Kobe maybe selfish but hes the same as jordan who cares more about the rings than stats. And thats the reason why lebron is never equal to even kobe coz hes just another oscar(statpadder)whos impact is not as great as idiots think he is.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    LOL @ Bird being in the same category as Kareem, MJ, or even Lebron.
    LOL at pusy lebron being comparable to ultracompetitive players like bird, mj, kareem.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    only idiots think lebron is better than kobe just like bird/robertson being better than jordan/magic. wade/bosh>>>>>>>>>>>shaq so he at least needs 4 more rings to equal kobe. I actually agree with you that kobe is not comparable to jordan but hes the closest to him while lebron is just another statpadder. The rings and game just speak for itself. Kobe maybe selfish but hes the same as jordan who cares more about the rings than stats. And thats the reason why lebron is never equal to even kobe coz hes just another oscar(statpadder)whos impact is not as great as idiots think he is.
    You've completely lost your mind scrub. I don't know if it's the years and years of LeBron dumping all over the Knicks that's clouding your judgement, but you're talking straight nonsense. Nobody thinks Bird is better than Jordan. Nobody (except Kobe fans) believes Kobe has ever been better than LeBron has been these past several years.

Kobe's rings = due to circumstances. Have LeBron drafted onto a team with prime Shaq and he'd have 6 titles by now. LeBron is on another world than Oscar and much better than Kobe as well.

You're realistically looking at a resume that includes 6-7 MVPs, 4-5 Finals MVPs when his career is over.

I guess I'm old school, but you gotta go with the big man.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    And if you do?
    Bird while strictly prohibiting him to do any work at his mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovach
    Bird while strictly prohibiting him to do any work at his mom's house.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Get out of here with that shiet. I'm so sick and tired of people overrating past players compared to LeBron. Bird and Magic and Kareem and Wilt were all inferior players to LeBron.

Wake up and open your eyes. Besides Jordan, LeBron is currently playing like the greatest player in NBA history. He's setting all kinds of efficiency records, leading his team to the second longest winning streak ever, putting up 30+ PER seasons in his sleep, dropping 45/15/5 at Boston in an elimination win or go home game, wreaking havoc defensively unlike any other forward ever has... and motherf*ckers want to say that Bird and Kareem were better players.
    Well, you don't go around shouting how select grade beef is the best type of beef ever and then crying when people call BS on it. Yes, it may be good enough to dominate low quality fast food chains but haute cuisine it ain't. Hope this helps

raep tiem

LeBron, the rest are retired

As a fan, Bird (I already watched Jordan enough).
    If I was a GM, Kareem.

5-time NBA All-Star

MJ because he's had the most success. While I think he is the best individual player hands down, it doesn't mean he's the best for most winning team chemistry. If there is only one star on each team I pick Jordan. The second you add another star, Jordan's value dips a bit and he is nolonger the obvious pick.

Philosophically, two's and four's are supposed to be complementary support pieces - not the primary pieces.

Building is easiest around a dominant center. So one would go with Kareem as being easiest to build around. But look at Kareem's career before Magic. Magic and Bird made the league more exciting and perimeter based. They also put Chess in the game by being involved mentally in controlling the game in other dimensions.

Bird and Lebron could play with anybody and magnify their talents. So they are the easiest and the most adjustable for any upcoming draft or free agency. So I picked the deepest draft I could think of "96 and '84
    Iverson, Abdur Raheem, Kobe, Stepon Marbury, Ray Allen, Antoine Walker, Stojakavich, Nash, Jermaine O'neal, Zydrunas IIgauskas, Marcus Camby, Derek Fisher and Ben Wallace

Add 1984 Hakeem, Barkley, Thorpe, Alvin Roberston, Stockton, Perkins, Bowie, Kevin Willis, Sam Perkins,

Meaning Kobe, Akeem, Barkley and Iverson are co-stars. So Jordan, nolonger is at an advantage as he can only have a semblance of coexistence with Akeem (ok that is guess work but you have to kind of believe that). The next tier is Allen, Nash, B Wallace, Robertson, Stockton or Stojakavich. Then Perkins, Starbury, Camby, Z, Jermaine, Raheem,Thorpe etc.

To me its obvious that Bird and Lebron harmonizing and making the second, third, fourth and fifth players better is the difference here. At least, so is the way I see it.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Bird. MJ never got past Bird, known as the MJ-road-block.
    It was only when Bird was near retirement that MJ finally got a ring in a weak ass era.

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    Bird. MJ never got past Bird, known as the MJ-road-block.
    It was only when Bird was near retirement that MJ finally got a ring in a weak ass era.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Larry having HOF team mates while Jordan had no one should be taken into consideration...