Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Suns trade for Aaron Brooks

Yeah Brooks didn't really get to get back to his former self. Rockets ran out of patience and so did Brooks. He lost his starting minutes to Lowry. I hope this will be a fresh start for AB.

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33
    So the Suns ARE trading Nashty Nash in the summer?
    This is what crossed my mind too. Theres no way they keep both of them for a full season next year.

Very, very bummed to see Brooks go. He lost a step after the injury at the start of the year, but I don't see any reason he can't get back to the kind of player he was. Really wish we'd been more patient. Ah well. Hope he starts tearing it up in Phoenix.

Also, we traded Ishmael Smith? Damn it! He can play!

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Do the Suns even participate in the draft?

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Maybe he'll end up better with Suns. He was sucking this year.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

And Dragic wasn't sucking? I hate Dragic with a passion this year. One of the worst PG's in the NBA hands down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pursuer
    This is crazy man. Dragic the starting point guard now in Houston, or Lowry?
    For now I think Lowry will keep the starting spot.

I just skimmed through the thread IMO Aaron Brooks is getting too much love. He's been trash this year. Absolute garbage. I don't know how Dragic's been playing this year so I can't comment on that. But Brooks? He's been a disappointment so far. Warning for Suns fans: This guy has 0 basketball IQ and 0 court vision. Last year he was a deadly shooter and could get to the rim at will. Ever since the injury it seems like he lost a step. If Brooks doesn't hit his jump shots he is useless.

Brooks was NOT willing to come off the bench for Houston so why is he going to change his attitude in Phoenix? He'll come off the bench behind Nash and it's clear that he wants to be a starter.

Good luck with Aaron Brooks and I hope he thrives in the Suns offense. Can a Suns fan elaborate a little on Goran Dragic?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I liked Dragic , and alittle confused with the move.

Have read into what the Suns might of saw , and my thinking is that Dragic has had some injury issues , and you know the Suns training staff is best in the league , so you have to think they saw something that did not look appealing for the future.

What they got in Brooks ?

A replacement for NASH. He will back NAsh up , but watch this 6' , man that dude has some serious speed.
    I am not fond of teams that build around small PG's , but I have to admit , in the league he is the best with height of 6'1" or shorter.
    I think the Suns are winners here.

I like these move for Houston and Phoenix, but I confused about Memphis. They traded the #2 overall pick for Shane Battier mid-season? Talk about giving up on an investment and a complete waste of a pick.

I'm glad Battier isn't in Houston anymore because now he's most likely not going to re-sign with the Rockets this off-season when he's a free agent, and the Spurs can actually pick him up, which has always been a dream of mine. Every Spurs fan knows that Battier has always been the perfect player for our system. And since he played in Houston, its like he's been a tease. Its almost ridiculous. He needs to come over before he retires. Bruce Bowen 2.0.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    I like these move for Houston and Phoenix, but I confused about Memphis. They traded the #2 overall pick for Shane Battier mid-season? Talk about giving up on an investment and a complete waste of a pick.

I'm glad Battier isn't in Houston anymore because now he's most likely not going to re-sign with the Rockets this off-season when he's a free agent, and the Spurs can actually pick him up, which has always been a dream of mine. Every Spurs fan knows that Battier has always been the perfect player for our system. And since he played in Houston, its like he's been a tease. Its almost ridiculous. He needs to come over before he retires. Bruce Bowen 2.0.
    He fits in the Spurs old system but not on this new Spurs team. The Spurs don't have much focus on defense any more. It's just lets hope Tony and Manu shoot better then the other team. And they typically do.

This is a good change for Brooks. Brooks might feel bad because Lowry took over his starting job. I think this is heavily impacting his play this year.

He'll rest happy knowing that Nash will start over him no matter what. There is no argument for him starting over Nash.

128 time NBA All Star Run&Gun=Fun's Avatar

Its ok for the Suns but giving away another pick?
    A rebounding Power Forward was there top need but Brooks will play well as a Sun.

Rockets fans, im not sure about Dragic. 1st year in the league was horrendous!He looked like an average local player when he was dribbling it up the court, very timid...Last season he was much better, improved out of sight looked like a starter for many years.

But this season hes been awful again, I havent checked but I guarentee hes top 3 in turnovers per 48min and near last in +/- per 48.The team falls apart when hes on the court.

He travels at least 1 time a game.

Dragic's production relies 100% on his confidence level at any given time.

If he's in a confident mood, he'll completely beast. If he's unconfident like he's been this year pretty much all year... things will get ugly.

And I don't know why the hell we traded for Brooks. We need a power foward or upgrade at center, not a point guard. I thought Dowdell was a good enough backup for Nash. We should've just dealed a combination of Dragic, Lopez, or Childress and went after Perkins...

nashisbest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

i am not a big fan of this trade... You can see that dragic is playing nash-style PG and a legit backup for Nash. trading him makes no sense

Battier is a strong defender so at least there is some silver lining to the trade

I would have obviously preferred them giving up VC and Thabeet