Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40808788899091 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1357

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Dude chill. Quit worrying about me responding to him or not. I've already decided I'm not going to go into any arguments of substance with him.
    hes literally the only troll in the cbb section, unlike the nba forum which is infested.

if you stopped responding to him, he would go away.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

VA Tech just fired Seth Greenberg. Good like getting better results out of the next guy.
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 04-23-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Tony Parker to UCLA too.

CSUN will win the Big West
    Drew, Hicks, Johnson, Perry, Etauti

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Tony Parker to UCLA too.
    Parker, Adams, Shabazz, Kyle...

Best depth UCLA has had in years as well

PG: Anderson - Larry Drew III
    SG: Powell - Lamb
    SF: Shabazz - Adams
    PF: Parker - Wear Twins
    CE: Smith - Stover

If Parker and Smith are in game shape, UCLA should do pretty well in the Pac-12, but if they are out of shape, Stover will have a chance to block 10 shots a night :oldol:

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Tony Parker commits to UCLA.

Looks like UCLAs Starting 5 will be something like this:

PG: Kyle Anderson
    SG: Jordan Adams
    SF: Shabazz Muhammad
    PF: Tony Parker
    C: Joshua Smith

With the Wear twins coming off the bench, Ben Howland's b*tch *ss can.not.fail.

But seriously that line up is pretty mean...

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    CSUN will win the Big West
    Drew, Hicks, Johnson, Perry, Etauti

Parker, Adams, Shabazz, Kyle...

Best depth UCLA has had in years as well

PG: Anderson - Larry Drew III
    SG: Powell - Lamb
    SF: Shabazz - Adams
    PF: Parker - Wear Twins
    CE: Smith - Stover

If Parker and Smith are in game shape, UCLA should do pretty well in the Pac-12, but if they are out of shape, Stover will have a chance to block 10 shots a night :oldol:
    Wow did not see this post. My b on the exact same post haha.

I don't know if Howland can do what Cal did with such an immature team.

I'm trying to think back to UCLA's three final four runs. I don't think they were lacking leaders on those teams even if their best player was a freshman at times (ie. Love).

I see this team being quite good, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were seeded lower than expected and entered the tourny as one of those teams who starts clicking towards the end and no one wants to face.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    The only thing I "think" is that you're a f*cking idiot.
    Well you can say whatever about me, but it wont change the fact that your team is NIT-Bound the way it is now. I was kindly enough to offer a suggestion that can potentially push UNC to NCAA tournament, but apparently you aint taking the advice nicely. Your team needs another solid player like Anthony Bennett to make the tournament, you know its true.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well you can say whatever about me, but it wont change the fact that your team is NIT-Bound the way it is now. I was kindly enough to offer a suggestion that can potentially push UNC to NCAA tournament, but apparently you aint taking the advice nicely. Your team needs another solid player like Anthony Bennett to make the tournament, you know its true.
    Sorry, do you think KG is Roy Williams? How is he supposed to take your advice...?

UNC is not NIT-bound next year, esp. with McAdoo back. Some players may have had to play behind better/more experience players last year, but I would say most of those guys are ready to step into a big minutes/big player role next year. Bullock, Strickland, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skan72
    Sorry, do you think KG is Roy Williams? How is he supposed to take your advice...?

UNC is not NIT-bound next year, esp. with McAdoo back. Some players may have had to play behind better/more experience players last year, but I would say most of those guys are ready to step into a big minutes/big player role next year. Bullock, Strickland, etc.
    Well of course I know he aint Roy Williams, but hes a UNC fan and should be delighted at the idea that his team can improve from NIT-bound to an NCAA tourney bubble team with a move like this. Instead he seems somewhat offended, and I clearly do not understand why.

These players do not look better than the 2010's UNC and this year's Pitts, and they need a miracle to make it to NCAA tournament. Again adding Anthony Bennett will change the scenario, but looks like its not possible now.

Banned

Well of course I know he aint Roy Williams, but hes a UNC fan and should be delighted at the idea that his team can improve from NIT-bound to an NCAA tourney bubble team with a move like this. Instead he seems somewhat offended, and I clearly do not understand why.

These players do not look better than the 2010's UNC and this year's Pitts, and they need a miracle to make it to NCAA tournament. Again adding Anthony Bennett will change the scenario, but looks like its not possible now.
    You make this sound like it's the NBA, and they can just pull off a trade and get Bennett. He's been down to his short list for awhile, and UNC is not on it. They can't just pull "a move" and get Bennet. Get outta here with this ish.

And you're forgetting Bullock was a top-10, 5-star guy outta high school. I'd bet my left testicle Roy and staff have been developing him and dude has been learning, ready to step into a big role next year. Forget how good of a shooter/scorer he was coming out? I think he is poised for a big leap in production and role.
    Last edited by skan72; 04-24-2012 at 04:41 PM.

I tried to put together a conference call involving Anthony Bennett and Roy Williams to get Bennett to UNC but neither one of them had any f***ing idea who I am and hung-up on me.

I've already gone over why this team is better than what was coming back in 2009-2010 team but apparently you missed that post. The best returning player in 2010 was Deon Thompson who hasn't played a single minute in the NBA. In hindsight, Ed Davis and Tyler Zeller were the most talented layers on that team, but both missed large chunks of the season because of injury. 2010 was a trainwreck with chemistry issues and a ton of injuries, and they still nearly won the NIT. That probably would've been an NCAA tournament 7-10 seed season if there hadn't been so many key players get hurt and miss games off-and-on all year long.

Since I think the 2012-2013 team is more talented and will have better chemistry than in '09-'10 then it's crazy to think they won't make the NCAA tournament unless everyone starts getting hurt in November and December. Not to mention, UNC will be a lot more experienced next year than they were in '09-'10.

This dude does provide some humor lol. It would take a MIRACLE for UNC to make the NCAA tourney.

UNC next season has far more talent than Pitt had this year anyway so its a poor comparison. Roy is a better coach than Jamie Dixon too.

Quote Originally Posted by skan72
    You make this sound like it's the NBA, and they can just pull off a trade and get Bennett. He's been down to his short list for awhile, and UNC is not on it. They can't just pull "a move" and get Bennet. Get outta here with this ish.

And you're forgetting Bullock was a top-10, 5-star guy outta high school. I'd bet my left testicle Roy and staff have been developing him and dude has been learning, ready to step into a big role next year. Forget how good of a shooter/scorer he was coming out? I think he is poised for a big leap in production and role.
    There's enough talent and experience coming back next year to already make thsi team better than in 2009-2010 but, like with Bill Self and Kansas, kiddlovesnets has simply found something to troll and he's doing a terrible job at it.

As you said, Bullock was a top 10-15 five-star player coming out. He missed a lot of his freshman year with a knee injury but showed how good he can be once he took over the starting SG role after Strickland tore his ACL. He's a future lottery pick or top 15-20 pick at worst. He's a 6'6"-6'7" SG with a sweet 3P stroke, and can defend multiple positions.

It's pretty common knowledge that players (especially blue-chip recruits) make their most improvement from their freshman to sophomore seasons. P.J. Hairston (another consensus top 10-15 five-star player) showed flashes off-and-on all season how talented he is and how good he can be. Obviously this is just speculation but I think he'll emerge quite a bit this season in a more prominent role as the 6th man. Throw in McAdoo (a consensus top 5 recruit in 2011) who really emerged in the ACC and NCAA tournament, and you've got three future lottery/1st round draft picks. The only lottery/1st round pick not he 2009-2010 team was Ed Davis, unless Larry Drew and the Wear twins go ballistic this season at UCLA and play their way into the 1st round.

And I didn't even mention Leslie McDonald (junior) and Dexter Strickland (senior) returning. UNC will probably start Strickland, McDonald, and Bullock at PG-SG-SF. If anything, this may be one of the better perimeter defending teams Roy has had at UNC. Bullock and Strickland are "lock-down" defenders and McDonald is a solid one.

How good the team can be is obviously going to hinge on the incoming freshman. If Joel James and Brice Johnson can form a formidable duo at center then I think UNC does have a Sweet 16 ceiling. If they struggle and never really come around by February or March, then UNC is probably looking at a 7-10 seed and a 1st or 2nd round exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    This dude does provide some humor lol. It would take a MIRACLE for UNC to make the NCAA tourney.

UNC next season has far more talent than Pitt had this year anyway so its a poor comparison. Roy is a better coach than Jamie Dixon too.
    He keeps wanting to compare this team to the 2009-2010 team. The only thing comparable is the amount of talent each lost. The 2012-2013 team has more talent and more experience coming back than in '09-'10. And, like I said, the 2009-2010 team is probably an NCAA tournament team if they didn't suffer so many injuries.

I'm not expecting big things this season but I would be surprised if they didn't at least sneak into the NCAA tournament.