Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default underated/overated players in the league

being a nuggets fan I seriously think Melo is an underrated player in the league as he plays for the nuggets a small market team. And he has yet to be voted in by the fans for an AllStar game.

most overrated player has to go to Steve Nash. The fact that he is being considered MVP for the THIRD strait season says it all. their are far more deserving players out there. such as i hate to say but Dirk.

what do you guys think.

Fans only vote for starters in the all-star game

Melo has never been worthy of that

This is the first year he's been worthy of the all-star team (as a backup). Though the suspension make that questionable

Quote Originally Posted by nugsfreak
    being a nuggets fan I seriously think Melo is an underrated player in the league as he plays for the nuggets a small market team. And he has yet to be voted in by the fans for an AllStar game.
    Just think about how it is to be a jazz fan. The whole jazz team is stacked with underrated players.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Fans only vote for starters in the all-star game

Melo has never been worthy of that

This is the first year he's been worthy of the all-star team (as a backup). Though the suspension make that questionable
    so you are saying that melo, the leagues leading scorer and the guy that transformed the nuggets does not deserve to be voted in? how about Andrea Kiralinko, he got voted in before melo last year did he deserve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewwem22
    Just think about how it is to be a jazz fan. The whole jazz team is stacked with underrated players.
    I agree, Boozer deserves more credit than he gets.

Certified ISHiot.

t-mac is overrated, melo is underrated, arenas is still probably a little underrated.

so you are saying that melo, the leagues leading scorer and the guy that transformed the nuggets does not deserve to be voted in? how about Andrea Kiralinko, he got voted in before melo last year did he deserve it?
    first of all, that is a hella bad attempt at spelling Ak's name. second, andrei didn't get voted in last year. He has only been in the ASG one year (in 2004) and he definately deserved it that year.

My Underated list.

Eddy Curry
    David Lee
    Josh Howard
    Tayshaun Prince
    Barbosa
    Anthony Parker
    Monta Ellis
    Matt Barnes
    Kevin Martin
    Trevor Ariza
    Gilbert Arenas
    Tracy McGrady (Deserves More Credit)
    Carmelo Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    t-mac is overrated, melo is underrated, arenas is still probably a little underrated.
    tmac was another name that I though of as being an overrated player, just forgot to list him. Arenas will get his due if he continues to play the way he is playing. Melo probably never will.

first of all, that is a hella bad attempt at spelling Ak's name. second, andrei didn't get voted in last year. He has only been in the ASG one year (in 2004) and he definately deserved it that year.
    sorry how do you spell his name?

Certified ISHiot.

i forgot a few... lamar odom is underrated, so is randolph

i also believe chris bosh is a little underrated, people always talk about wade, lebron, and melo being the special 3 in that draft... i never hear anyone mention bosh.

i dont think you can really say that.

Deron Williams has recieved the props he deserves and has been compared to Kidd in his style. He is widely regarded as a top 5 sophomore player without a doubt.

Boozer has only proved his outstanding ability this season. He has been ranked at number 1 in the MVP rankings on NBA.com during the year and everyone is well aware of how well he has been playing. This is the first season he deserves to be considered among the best in the NBA and he certainly has recieved that credit.

AK47, He's been playing injured, but you can't deny that he has been exposed for the overrated player he is.

Okur may be the one (of your top tier players) that is legitimately underrated. He is a terrific shooter for a big man and continually proves that he can come up big in the clutch. We all saw the numbers he put up last year when he had to fill the void of injuries, and they were impressive to say the least.

sorry how do you spell his name?
    andrei kirilenko. I wouldn't expect someone who isn't a fan to be able to spell his name, but boy was that attempt off.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    My Underated list.

Eddy Curry
    David Lee
    Josh Howard
    Tayshaun Prince
    Barbosa
    Anthony Parker
    Monta Ellis
    Matt Barnes
    Kevin Martin
    Trevor Ariza
    Gilbert Arenas
    Carmelo Anthony

i like your entire list except for one thing... how is t-mac possibly underrated?? he is going to start on the all star team and alot of people still consider him an elite player.

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    My Underated list.

Eddy Curry
    David Lee
    Josh Howard
    Tayshaun Prince
    Barbosa
    Anthony Parker
    Monta Ellis
    Matt Barnes
    Kevin Martin
    Trevor Ariza
    Gilbert Arenas
    Carmelo Anthony
    Nice to see you mentioning Melo's name without a "sucker punching *****" caption next to it. Good work.