Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: The Official Starcraft 2 Thread

Yeah he dropped some ridiculous hints in that regard.

Just started to watch Assembly. Don't really know what I missed.

Golden joins Quantic! Big congratulations to them. '

Also, Suppy 3-0'd Kas! That's a huge win for Suppy and I'm sure EG is happy.

Tbh I don't understand the signing of Suppy. If EG wanted to sign a cheaper up and coming player like Suppy I think they should have gone for one who isn't fully planning on going to med school

Banned

oh incontrol...

MC/Taeja. The two best players at the tournament end up in the finals.

Big congrats to ForGG for getting 3rd. I think he'll do very well in foreign events compared to GSL.

Taeja is so hot right now.

zvt and zvp are really good and fun but man zvz is so bad.

i think im just going to 6 pool or something every zvz.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    zvt and zvp are really good and fun but man zvz is so bad.

i think im just going to 6 pool or something every zvz.

what don't you like about zvp?

then again, seeing as i'm playing against bad players i just roach max and a move

the last game I played the guy did a 2 gate 1 robo pressure (if he did 3gate 1 robo he would have won, i barely held). then he did a stalker/immortal push that did nothing, then he did a colo/immo/zealot push that did ok but i was on 3 base 80 drones so all it did is free up space to add on corruptor. i went to push his base with roach/festor and all he had was like 6 void rays that i fungal-ed then dropped ITs. I won by killing all buildings.

EPM/APM that game was like 78/102. His was 18/27 hehe. He is 45th in his silver division.
    Last edited by Maniak; 08-05-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Still have only lost in ZvZ. I'm 10-3 overall. ZvP so gosu, just beat a gold protoss who had some great stalker/immo pushes but i had upgraded roaches with solid macro. the funny thing was i had like 7 festors made but i just held them back in all engagements cockily because i knew i could win with mass roach.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Still have only lost in ZvZ. I'm 10-3 overall. ZvP so gosu, just beat a gold protoss who had some great stalker/immo pushes but i had upgraded roaches with solid macro. the funny thing was i had like 7 festors made but i just held them back in all engagements cockily because i knew i could win with mass roach.
    ZvZ is the most volatile match up ever, any mis micro will cost you the game. Everytime i play zvz i just go defensive and wait for the massive speedlings + blings to come.

I also hate zvp, as of late ive lost basically every match to p. The reason? Immortal sentry push. Completely shuts down the stephano style of max roach push. No amount of lings you make will stop that push there are simply too many sentries, and immortal destroy roaches gg.

yeah immortal/sentry is really strong. luckily i havent faced anyone who executes it well.

i think a wonderful build for toss is 4 sentry drop with zealot warp in to the main then force fielding the ramp. its more effective versus terran than zerg though i think.

I like with zerg on a map like cloud kingdom or daybreak you can always see when they push with good overlord positioning.

Feels good, man

He was 24th in gold league. I'm 20th in my bronze

anyone excited for IEM next week? i think it'll be a great tournament. can't wait to see who comes out of the open bracket.

Ok about PvZ. Zerg can do the same every game and win, as long as protoss doesn't surprise zerg it's nearly impossible to win, while protoss has many strong 2 base all-ins if zerg knows what's coming it's not hard to deal with most of them. You either gotta do unexpected 2 base all-in as protoss and hope zerg doesn't scout it or hope zerg ****s up hard in late game (it may be not enough tho). That matchup is stupid, in late game as toss u rely on mothership archon, if zerg clumps up his broods u can win, if not u can't (let alone the fact that broods usually comes way earlier than u can have mothership, not even talkign about vortex). As NaNiWa said, as protoss u need to have as much as possible different builds, if u can't surprise zerg u can't win, while zerg can do the same every game and win, that's why MC has the best PvZ he has every build that exists in his mind.
    TBH all the matchups currently has quite huge problems, before queen range TvZ was awesome, but blizz had to break it. Mirrors slowly getting better and better however, but they are still bad. TvT may be the best matchup currently, but can u even call it a good matchup ?
    Statistically game is quite balanced, but when you actually watch the games you see that game is in quite terrible shape.

Ohh IEM next week, that's awesome, gotta check brackets n shit. Btw Maniak what league are you actually in ?
    Last edited by Sakkreth; 08-09-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Ok about PvZ. Zerg can do the same every game and win, as long as protoss doesn't surprise zerg it's nearly impossible to win, while protoss has many strong 2 base all-ins if zerg knows what's coming it's not hard to deal with most of them. You either gotta do unexpected 2 base all-in as protoss and hope zerg doesn't scout it or hope zerg ****s up hard in late game (it may be not enough tho). That matchup is stupid, in late game as toss u rely on mothership archon, if zerg clumps up his broods u can win, if not u can't (let alone the fact that broods usually comes way earlier than u can have mothership, not even talkign about vortex). As NaNiWa said, as protoss u need to have as much as possible different builds, if u can't surprise zerg u can't win, while zerg can do the same every game and win, that's why MC has the best PvZ he has every build that exists in his mind.
    TBH all the matchups currently has quite huge problems, before queen range TvZ was awesome, but blizz had to break it. Mirrors slowly getting better and better however, but they are still bad. TvT may be the best matchup currently, but can u even call it a good matchup ?
    Statistically game is quite balanced, but when you actually watch the games you see that game is in quite terrible shape.

Ohh IEM next week, that's awesome, gotta check brackets n shit. Btw Maniak what league are you actually in ?
    I think you're exaggerating here not impossible but definitely difficult for toss on the pro level. The stephano build 12min max roaches are so potent that i recall him having a 75% win rate against toss? That's some one sided match up on the pro level. But like you said there are plenty of builds from toss that is viable against zerg wheres there really isnt anything else you can do against toss especially when you guys all go FFE, you have to take a third otherwise you're behind and that lets to a few plays only.

And why did the queen range break ZvT? Besides the fact that zerg don't have to invest heavily or get roaches really early just to stop 4 hellions harassing and delaying your 3rd?