Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Rasheed I think the Eagles will be bottom of the division again this year. I see them as a 8-8 team at best.
    8-8 could happen... It would be a disaster if it did...I doubt it will due to their defensive improvement..but its possible in this division

What's the general feeling about McNabb in Philly? If the team fails but the Cowboys go far does it look like people will call for McNabb's dome on a platter?
    People have generally moved past last year..Every one here knows McNabb is the leader of the team, so fans and players are behind him 100%. If they dissapoint the fans this year, the fans will be calling for the heads of McNabb & Andy Reid...Reid has hitched himself to McNabb in a way that they are both tied together in their fates...People will be just as p*ssed at both of them...as far as management goes, I see Reid and McNabb having more lee-way with Banner & Lurie than the fans are willing to give them...I figure if the Eagles go 8-8 this year, the fans will be fed up with these two, but the front office wont be. they'd have to screw up this year and next year to make the front office consider a new direction

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Yeah whatever dude. I've got $9500 that says what you are saying isn't exactly accurate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2562846
    Yeah cause being leary of jumping into a full contact practice too soon means he only cares about himself.

If any other player shows up late to a meeting and skips a team rehab session to work with his own personal rehab staff it doesn't become this big a story.

To change subjects for a second, why do you guys think the media makes TO such a big story while when Manny Ramirez does something its just called "Manny being Manny"?

I rule the local playground

To change subjects for a second, why do you guys think the media makes TO such a big story while when Manny Ramirez does something its just called "Manny being Manny"?
    To an extent. The national media tend to follow the "Manny being Manny", but local media always seem to be looking for more to get on another Manny soap opera and a lot of Sox fans are constantly *****ing about Manny. Manny deserves some of the flak he gets, but he I can't remember any injury he's had that someone hasn't accused of him of faking.

And probably the biggest reason of all, Manny doesn't play it up with the media like TO does. He basically ignores them.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Manny is different. His weird mood swings and annual trade demands are a pain but he's never gone after a teammate like Owens went after McNabb (and Garcia before him). Owens' attacks on his QBs are awful, frankly, the kind of crap that no player should ever spew. And it's all about him, all about his desire to be the #1 most popular, praised, paid, etc. player on his team. All he wants is money and attention. "But he had a rough childhood, his grandma only let him watch PBS and he was locked in a closet after school and they spit in his mouth and he's sensitive and just wants to be loved"....

I'm sick of it. someone ought to stick a pacifier in his mouth if he wants to be a baby. Maybe that'll shut him up.

KO King, please answer this question for me: What possible justification did TO have for going after Ray Lewis the way he did? I want to hear what other excuses you have for this guy, as you appear to be his lead apologist.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Yeah cause being leary of jumping into a full contact practice too soon means he only cares about himself.
    No, but skipping practice all week, showing up the day before for the walk through and then expecting to play, that sums up TO nicely
    If any other player shows up late to a meeting and skips a team rehab session to work with his own personal rehab staff it doesn't become this big a story.
    Its a story when the guy who gets raked through the coals for being a me first selfish guy, skips the team way to do things in favor of doing it his way.
    Manny's actually playing hurt now(that should tell you all you need to know).

What possible justification did TO have for going after Ray Lewis the way he did? I want to hear what other excuses you have for this guy, as you appear to be his lead apologist.
    Actually, ray lewis started that one

How?

Ray Lewis immediately began bad mouthing TO when Terrell decided against playing in Baltimore...When the disses were relayed to TO, he fired a few back..

thats not to say that TO hasnt done plenty of indefensible things...that just wasnt one of them...

The worst thing I can think of is when he went on Espn and claimed Lurie and Banner had no class because they didnt celebrate/recognize his 100th touchdown..

a couple reasons why

*you never go on national TV and put the boss on blast and then expect everything to be cool when you stroll into the Nova care facility..its just a bad idea

*you minimize your own achievements when you feel the need to complain about how no-one recognized them

I think TO's worst moments come when he sits in front of interviewers on Espn and starts running his mouth....He doesnt know how to check his own lip....the stuff he says from time to time is just straight up dumb..I think that fact and the fact that most people in the NFL are very thin skinned (including TO) makes controversy out of things that really need not be that way...

I don't recall Lewis initiating any of the trash between him and Owens. I'll look it up later, but the feud was very one-sided from what i recall.

[quote]No Time Out for T.O. at Training Camp

by Andy Schwartz
    ComcastSportsNet.com

BETHLEHEM, Pa.
    Last edited by Rasheed1; 08-28-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Default ...

I'm not sold on Philly being bad. They made the NFC Championship game 4 straight years with McNabb healthy and the Superbowl run was also made without TO.
    I don't think McNabb was healthy for 2 of them seasons. Remember Feely came in during the end of the season and maybe for the first round of the Play-Offs. Maybe the 2nd round to??
    My point is the Eagles Defense was most of the reason the Eagles were good that season McNabb went down. Man we had some nasty D's during that run. I remember the one season we let teams get loads of yards on us but come red-zone time, we were #1. I'm trying to remember that player we stopped 4 times on the goal-line. That was sweet. anyways the Eagles D is 70% more important than McNabb being healthy imo.
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 08-28-2006 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    later that year when the two met...Lewis talked a little more trash, TO went out and mocked his celebration dance and then he took a couple shots at Ray after the game

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...0p.asp?ID=3526

Now that I think back...TO caught an 81 yard touch-down in his first preseason game which happened to be against the ravens also..
    Well, OK, he was justified there then. I stand corrected.
    My point is the Eagles Defense was most of the reason the Eagles were good that season McNabb went down. Man we had some nasty D's during that run. I remember the one season we let teams get loads of yards on us but come red-zone time, we were #1. I'm trying to remember that player we stopped 4 times on the goal-line. That was sweet. anyways the Eagles D is 70% more important than McNabb being healthy imo.
    Defense is half the game, and Philly was largely about good defense, so I wouldn't disagree with the overall d being more important than McNabb, but McNabb was and is 80% of the offense...the rest being Brian Westbrook.

TO has been a distraction and this season the media is making sure that he fails and they show how he is a distraction. I think the media is to blame (not excusing TO) for this circus act we see. What other athlete gets opening news and talks on sportscenter at 6? TO did when he "aggrivated" his hammy. TO brings it on himself but at what point does the sports media take responsibilty and say "We're not gonna give TO a stage, mic and audience"?

TO is an attention whore who is getting the attention. So wouldnt the people giving the attention just stop? Its like a troll on the board spamming threads and kids here posting in EVERY SINGLE spammed topic. Why? Ignore them. Their purpose is to get your attention, draw a reaction and laugh at you respond. You take that away and they eventually get bored, move on or try to act with some type of common sense. Same with TO/media. Too much is being made of this. Steve Smith and Sinorice Rice had hammy problems all preseason. Dont practice either. Where is the microphone then? Eh

TO is to blame but the media is as well. Ehhhh, this is becoming a distraction because of the media circus developing already.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Default Re: OT: TO's first strike in Dallas.

Learnt how to speel Aggravated diipshiite ^^

Anyways if TO keeps this up I bet JJ will eventually get rid of him. Mark my words!