Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: How do you view other races?

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    The problem is that physical differences are so varied both between and within races that it makes racial distinctions meaningless. There are overlaps, just because one particular race might have a higher average - say in speed - doesn't mean that everyone in that race is faster than everyone in another race. There is overlap. The visual stuff (height, skin colour, facial features) is largely arbitrary and doesn't have much functional meaning in the modern world where we spend most of our time indoors benefiting from the agricultural, industrial, and technological revolutions.
    I'm not talking about attributes like speed or strength as anyone can be possess those skills at birth or through practice.

I don't get your second part as well.. Certain groups of people do indeed have physical features that is common in their ethnic group. I'll bring back the Montenegro example. Montenegrin are probably the tallest people in the world, it's a common trait for them. The people have on average different skull shape due to their environment, etc.

I guess it doesn't hold much meaning in life but so don't sports?(is that your argument?)

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Yes, Jeremy Lin is more Chinese than you sheeptard. His parents are from Taiwan.

You can be fluent in Chinese, live the rest of your life in China, marry a Chinese girl but you'll never be Chinese(ethnically at least)
    Lin has never lived in China. How is he more Chinese than a Chinese citizen?

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

I'm not talking about attributes like speed or strength as anyone can be possess those skills at birth or through practice.

I don't get your second part as well.. Certain groups of people do indeed have physical features that is common in their ethnic group. I'll bring back the Montenegro example. Montenegrin are probably the tallest people in the world, it's a common trait for them. The people have on average different skull shape due to their environment, etc.

I guess it doesn't hold much meaning in life but so don't sports?(is that your argument?)
    Yes, in the second part I am basically saying that even though they have different physical traits they don't really mean anything because their functions have become obsolete.

In sports you might find differences at those high levels, but they don't really apply to the population as a whole.

Yes, Jeremy Lin is more Chinese than you sheeptard. His parents are from Taiwan.

You can be fluent in Chinese, live the rest of your life in China, marry a Chinese girl but you'll never be Chinese(ethnically at least)
    Whoah, I disagree with that completely. That is only true if you 100% base ethnicity on lineage alone.

My buddy sitting next to me right now has Turkish parents, but he is infinitely more Dutch than a child of Dutch immigrants who didn't grow up here will ever be. He has the ingrained communal understanding and values that you only get from growing up in a community.

Ethnicity or ethnic group is a socially defined category based on common culture or nationality.
    His parents are from taiwan....not him....He is American Nationality wise......so am I......but,

Common Culture?....I speak Mandarin Chinese......hell I even speak some Cantonese.I have lived in Mainland China and I have Lived in Taiwan for over 2 years.While I lived in Taiwan I traveled all over the Island....

- I chewed Beetlenut and shoveled the same dirt with the Lower Class.....I had my own yamaha scooter and Drove through Taiwan's Traffic for over a year....I played sports in the Famous Kaohsiung City...

- I used to talk about War and Politics with this old Taiwanese man who Battled the Chinese....and was ready to battle them again if they kept trying to Invade his tiny little Island.

- My Chinese name is Se Lang....( Sir Long)...the Colored Wolf ( any of my Chinese Brothers want to define that go ahead).....I have battled with my Taiwanese Brothers against the Chinese Gangs....( the ones with f'ed up Kripted Hair)

- I was able to have some of the most Beautiful Woman the island has ever seen....( and some of the not so Beautiful).....I danced in the smog/Pollution...I also had to get a mask at 7 eleven.

- I saw some of the toughest/passionate people I ever seen.....I saw all my pre concieved Ideas get thrown outta the window.

- I seen My Driver pull over and beat the **** outta another Taxi Driver for smashing his side mirror ( Taiwans taxi drivers don't exchange Insurance...only fists)

- I walked through Snake alley and drank Blood and The Venom.....I ate raw Octopus...I learned how to BBQ taiwanese style...I drank Milk tea every damn day....

- I saw the heart of Taiwan and Lived it.....I am far more Taiwanese then soemone who was born and raised in America , maybe visited Taiwan once or twice....doesn't speak Fluent mandarin, aint never put 5 people on a Scooter and went down the Highway...aint never been to Snake Alley , aint never taught Grip loads of Taiwanese girls how to do the ***** steamer , wasn't there when China was getting ready to invade....aint never chewed beetlenut....and wasn't given a Chinese name by real dudes who would be ready to Ride till the wheels fall off.

Se Lang may not look Like Jeremy Lin....but I am more Taiwanese then him.....
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 02-13-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    White people are boring & fake.

Black people are ghetto & will rob you if you make eye contact.

Asians are nerdy & socially awkward.

Brown people smell funny.
    I guess whoever negged me with this creepy comment: "i'd like to lick your **** leakage" couldn't take sarcasm?!?!