I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Default PS4 games to get right now

I'm trying to browse one game to buy right now for PS4. All I have right now is NBA 2k14. Any suggestions?

Was planning to get Thief but it got bad reviews in IGN and Gamespot so I'm not buying that. Watch dogs and MLB The Show releases are too far away

Default Re: PS4 games to get right now

Infamous coming out soon, and AC is pretty good. Other than that you'll have to wait

Banned

resogun is about the only thing worth playing right now. Infamous doesn't really do it for me either (plus they removed a bunch of graphical features the last game had because sony forced them to run at 1080p ).
    I'm waiting until the end of the year to pick up a ps4 now.

If you haven't played them already tomb raider and ac4 are good. Thief will still be good if you enjoyed the earlier games, from what I've heard most complaints sounds more like people who want to enjoy thief but don't enjoy thief. It's a very polarising style of game and bugs aside the main complaints I've read are all present in the previous games.

Grow some balls and pick up Injustice.

Battlefield 4 has been really really fun for me. All I play is that and 2K14

Oh and there's some free game from the store called Outlast. It's supposed to be really good. I have downloaded it, but just haven't gotten around to playing it. It's free too.

I only have 2K and FIFA.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Battlefield 4 has been really really fun for me. All I play is that and 2K14

Oh and there's some free game from the store called Outlast. It's supposed to be really good. I have downloaded it, but just haven't gotten around to playing it. It's free too.

I've played 20 minutes of it... I need new pants. Literally a little scared to continue playing.

As for games to get right now on PS4, I'm a little sad with the state of the games.

Got real tired of microtransactions in 2k, so i traded it in and pre-ordered Thief. Before i picked it up, I read lot of sub par reviews on it and decided to keep the store credit for another game that gets me a little more excited.

The Witcher 3 and The Order: 1886 look promising. The GDC in March should give us some more news on some coming games.

Happy I got a PS4...just wished I had kept the PS3 for times like right now where there isn't a ton to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsoptional
    I've played 20 minutes of it... I need new pants. Literally a little scared to continue playing.

As for games to get right now on PS4, I'm a little sad with the state of the games.

Got real tired of microtransactions in 2k, so i traded it in and pre-ordered Thief. Before i picked it up, I read lot of sub par reviews on it and decided to keep the store credit for another game that gets me a little more excited.

The Witcher 3 and The Order: 1886 look promising. The GDC in March should give us some more news on some coming games.

Happy I got a PS4...just wished I had kept the PS3 for times like right now where there isn't a ton to choose from.
    Yeah dude, been gaming myself since childhood and it's always like this when new consoles come. The Playstation 2, from what I remember, was even more boring when it came to games at the beginning of it's life. Only thing the PS2 and other systems had going for itself early in their life is backward compatibility, and since the PS4 does not have it, the void of games is being felt more.

By the end of this year, there'll be plenty of quality games to play and a bulk of news for things to come. Just gotta be patient. The Ps4 is going to be making a lot of noise in the future with how well it's selling.

And as for The Order, I have no idea how these guys can make an action shooter game and not give it a multiplayer. The only excuse there is laziness, not "we had a vision for this game to be single player only". They can go f*ck themselves with that. I won't buy that game until it gets a major price drop. Infamous doesn't make sense to go multiplayer, so I give it a pass. But they made a game that looks ideal for a multiplayer shooter, the type that could be a game changer for shooter games, and just shit on multiplayer. So far when it comes to games, that was the saddest piece of news I heard. Never would I buy a single player only(it MAY have co op with no matchmaking) shooter with no multiplayer.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 02-28-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Banned

I play 2K and FIFA the most, but I also have BF4 which I just recently got and have only played a small bit, and KZ:SF which I got for free with the PS4. I think I've played it like once maybe.

I have Madden, 2k14, Lego Marvel, KZ, Call of Duty, and Assasins Creed 4.

Infamous Second Son is coming out. That's the game I've been waiting for.