Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rudy Fernandez offered monster 6 year/$26 million contract by Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    If deshawn and butler are not signed back on, this team goes back to their soft ways, rudy will make them even more soft..

the Mavs will still have Brian Cardinal who some Heat fans have cried was a thug that purposely hurt Wade. They have no worries.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Rudy Fernandez offered monster 6 year/$26 million contract by Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    this scrub blew by kobe and dunked on dwight
    lol...that was ONE game. I'm a blazer fan, and believe me...rudy fernandez is AWFUL

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

Thought I should leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksbBelY9SIM

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    this scrub blew by kobe and dunked on dwight
    Stromile Swift is an all star...

Less than 5 million a year would make him the highest paid player in ACB history? Really?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Less than 5 million a year would make him the highest paid player in ACB history? Really?
    and this is why the idea of there being tons of $ for nba ballers to just go take over there is silly. That is basically the qualifying offer to retain rights for a late lotto pick coming out of his rookie contract and nearly 1.5 million less than the mid-level salary in the nba.

I kinda hope he doesnt take it, because I think he would be a very fun player to watch on dallas.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

so, its basically the same as the qualifying offer for Austin Daye (4+ million), the 15th pick in the draft (i.e. not even a lottery pick). Damn.

So, two points. Obviously escape to europe isnt the answer. doesnt this also point to how out of wack the salaries are in the NBA (go look at the revenue of Euroleague vs NBA last year) comparatively. The biggest salary ever in the most successful euro league is = to the QO for a mid-first round draft pick.
    Last edited by boozehound; 07-03-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Those are always net figures. $26 million actually might equal around $43-45 million on a NBA contract, depending on state income taxes and benefits included in the contracts. And that is a lot more than the qualifying offer for a late lotto pick.

Btw, the contract would reportedly start now, Rudy would be free to return to the Mavs when a NBA season starts and he would leave after this season. If that is correct, the Mavs are screwed cause they have no way to match that right now. They probably wouldnt want to anyway with that sum being reported, but whatever....

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    so, its basically the same as the qualifying offer for Austin Daye (4+ million), the 15th pick in the draft (i.e. not even a lottery pick). Damn.

So, two points. Obviously escape to europe isnt the answer. doesnt this also point to how out of wack the salaries are in the NBA (go look at the revenue of Euroleague vs NBA last year) comparatively. The biggest salary ever in the most successful euro league is = to the QO for a mid-first round draft pick.
    Where are you getting this 4+ million number? I think it's a lot less.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Seriously.

Jaw looking like he's the third member of Terrence and Phillip.

You are so sad

NBA rookie of the year

He gets to live in Spain too, which is beautiful.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

No way Jose Mourinho let's him play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Glad that the deal will take place after next season. If Rudy steps it up and has a great season, Cuban might throw even more money his way.
    not going to happen, he ll be lazy and wait for his comeback in europe. Ha these europeans players "who dont like north america"....why did they come in the first place then?

This thread is totally misleading. Contracts in Europe are NET INCOME.

$26 million NET INCOME.

NET INCOME
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-03-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    NET INCOME

Do you have any grasp of what that means? And, actually Navarro makes the same amount on average. So it would be no higher than what Navarro already makes in Spain.