Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Someone explain to me how Brook Lopez was a good pick at number 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Exactly, Bayless was there but we have Marcus and Devin.
    Because the Suns are stupid lol
    I think the Nets needed a pf bad, whether it be by the draft (which they already passed on that idea) or a trade. I think they could have gotten a good pf for Bayless had they drafted him. Maybe even just a decent one, along with another player and a pick. Who are the net's pf's? Yi, Swift, and now Anderson? Maybe Williams can play pf I'm not sure what he normally plays, but jeez.

At least wait to see him play...jeez....

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    At least wait to see him play...jeez....
    we have

I'll say it again Hoffa PtII

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Exactly, Bayless was there but we have Marcus and Devin.
    Because the Suns are stupid lol
    Actually the Suns did good by picking him. Since Brandon Rush wasn't available anymore they picked up Robin to back up Shaq. In doing so, they addressed one of the team's biggest weakness, Defense and that presence in the post(while Shaq is resting). Plus, Robin wasn't acquired to be a 20/10 guy. I'm sure Kerr will be satisfied if he's a 10/10 guy(perhaps even lower ppg), his D is what the Suns are after.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Actually the Suns did good by picking him. Since Brandon Rush wasn't available anymore they picked up Robin to back up Shaq. In doing so, they addressed one of the team's biggest weakness, Defense and that presence in the post(while Shaq is resting). Plus, Robin wasn't acquired to be a 20/10 guy. I'm sure Kerr will be satisfied if he's a 10/10 guy(perhaps even lower ppg), his D is what the Suns are after.
    10 rebounds? no. Guy couldn't get 6 a game in college. Why does everyone think he's a rebounder all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I think the Nets needed a pf bad, whether it be by the draft (which they already passed on that idea) or a trade. I think they could have gotten a good pf for Bayless had they drafted him. Maybe even just a decent one, along with another player and a pick. Who are the net's pf's? Yi, Swift, and now Anderson? Maybe Williams can play pf I'm not sure what he normally plays, but jeez.
    Maybe??? S-Will is a PF he is 6'8" what did you think he was a center?

Quote Originally Posted by High Potential
    It will be funny if Brook Lopez works his ass off to gain post moves like Olaujowan

:cletus

10 rebounds? no. Guy couldn't get 6 a game in college. Why does everyone think he's a rebounder all of a sudden?
    he'll get there, not the first year but he'll have some numbers. he's a 7 footer, long arms...I predict he'll get at least 5+ rebounds in his debut.

Jerryd Bayless, Anthony Randolph, Brandon Rush were all better.
    Bayless = Devin Harris, and NJ spent a first rounder on Marcus Williams as well. Why draft Bayless again when Brook was probably the best player that was a big man at that position?

Anthony Randolph is nothing more than a project. He has a long ways to go.

B.Rush I cant argue there. Could replace Vince Carter. But talented big men will be picked over guards 9 out of 10 times. Pretty sure NJ would have got slammed passing a big for a guard.

Even if they don't fit a need of your team, you can always trade them for something that does.
    So draft Bayless and package him away for more/better value? Eh. Maybe.

But at what pick would Brook Lopez have made sense? His brother? Not a lotto pick. But I'm just a lil lost on why Lopez isnt. He's not that bad. And last I checked who is the man in the middle for NJ?

Hibbert and Speights were also better big men.
    Hibbert? Cut your wrist
    Speights? May have the upside/potential, I cant say he was/is the better player right now. Lopez is better and I'm not a fan of his.

I don't like Koufos that much, but I have him higher than Lopez. No way I respect a 7 footer who shot under 47% in college.
    But you respect a Center like Koufos who spends his time shooting jumpers?

I'm glad a "true basketball fan" who likes Vince Carter calls either Lopez soft. WTF do ppl want, one of them to get shot on court?

The Nets are a useless franchise in limbo, until LBJ passes them up in 2010, and they're stuck watching Yi jialian play basketball against a chair.

Very good NBA starter

varejao or lopez?

i'd take varejao 15 out of 10 times.

he used to be ranked 3rd in the draft

they should have taken bayless. they were drafting too much for need. lopez might be the worst starting center in the nba next year. if your gonna draft for a starter, make sure theres one out there that will be somewhat competitive.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    But at what pick would Brook Lopez have made sense? His brother? Not a lotto pick. But I'm just a lil lost on why Lopez isnt. He's not that bad. And last I checked who is the man in the middle for NJ?
    The reason he shouldn't have been a lottery pick is because he is soft and has limited upside. A lottery pick shouldn't be wasted on the next Chris Mihm.

Hibbert? Cut your wrist
    Hibbert is better, he shoots well over 60% from the field like a big man should, he is better in the low post, he is a better passer and a better shot blocker.