Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast

Default Re: The Lingend is over

NFL players gets surgery that Lin complains of and comes back in 3 weeks.

7 months later Lin is till complaining about the injury.

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

Do NFL players really have to jump? if youre gonna compare injuries compare it to a NBA player

He might have been right to get out of NY because he'd have been called out on this. He very subtly is blaming injury for everything he does wrong. I think in Houston he's new so it's 100% ok but it NY with all the coverage, if no the NY media the national media would have called him out, fair or unfair.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He might have been right to get out of NY because he'd have been called out on this. He very subtly is blaming injury for everything he does wrong. I think in Houston he's new so it's 100% ok but it NY with all the coverage, if no the NY media the national media would have called him out, fair or unfair.
    I think he's much more exposed now then what he would be in New York. Houston is supposed to be HIS team but in New York he'd be able to hide behind Amare and Anthony and he'd have much less attention on him on offense but now he's going to get locked down time after time..

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I think he's much more exposed now then what he would be in New York. Houston is supposed to be HIS team but in New York he'd be able to hide behind Amare and Anthony and he'd have much less attention on him on offense but now he's going to get locked down time after time..
    So far in preseason he just hides in the corner at the first sign of things going wrong. Luckily, Chandler Parsons and Kevin Martin and Terrence Jones have played very well.

NBA rookie of the year

So far in preseason he just hides in the corner at the first sign of things going wrong. Luckily, Chandler Parsons and Kevin Martin and Terrence Jones have played very well.
    As a Rocket fan I really enjoyed the "Linsanity"-thing but I was and I am still butthurt over the fact that the Rockets let two great point guards go just to sign Lin later. And not only did they sign Lin, they gave him a huge contract for a guy who's unproven..

Lowry who got traded away had the cheapest contract in the league..

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

How hypocritical of you. Your butt still seems hurt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    Aesirs, where do you see the Rockets in the standings this year with Lin ?

It's not hypocritical, he said it at the time actually that Lin wouldn't come back as quick as he could, that he was soft. Fair or unfair he's been very consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapallaz
    + Amnesty your most steady, useful and decent player in Scola.
    It's about time the Rockets tanked. We got the 14th pick 3 f**king years in a row. I hated saying goodbye to Scola, but we had to in order to 1) clear space for the contracts Magic wanted to dump on us, or 2) playing time for youngsters.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    It's about time the Rockets tanked. We got the 14th pick 3 f**king years in a row. I hated saying goodbye to Scola, but we had to in order to 1) clear space for the contracts Magic wanted to dump on us, or 2) playing time for youngsters.
    Still no excuse for Morey a la saying bye bye to Dragic and Lowry and then pay Lin big money..

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Aesirs, where do you see the Rockets in the standings this year with Lin ?
    Heck if I know, dude. That will be one of the things I love/hate this year - our team's instability. With such heavy dependence on our rookies and sophomores, I think we'll look like crap, then look like a terrifying lock-down defense and sprint team, then look like a team that jacks up 3s, then a team which has wet toilet paper for defense....all in the same game. And then you have to take into account Royce White's situation, some minor injuries caused some rotation players to miss preseason games/camp, etc.

To be honest, Lin's play isn't the make-or-break factor for us. Our team defense as a whole is far more important since our game plan seems to be to hustle our asses off on defense and run in transition. So far though, he's been alright. He can't shoot for shit right now and still makes stupid jump passes in traffic, but he's been a decent floor general. I'm relatively confident he'll improve his play since he's had to deal with a bunch of different line-ups and rooks.

I really don't know what to think about the Rockets this year. I think we could go anywhere from 14th to maybe even 7th or 8th in the WC (unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It's not hypocritical, he said it at the time actually that Lin wouldn't come back as quick as he could, that he was soft. Fair or unfair he's been very consistent.
    The hypocrisy is that he's complaining about Lin's inability to get over a supposedly minor injury while he himself is unable to cease being butthurt over anything Lin-related, minor or major. Thanks for reminding me though - he hasn't been consistent either. At the time of the Heat-Knicks series, he talked trash about how Lin wasn't playing with such a negligible setback iirc.

Still no excuse for Morey a la saying bye bye to Dragic and Lowry and then pay Lin big money..
    Lowry wanted out. Getting a lottery pick ain't too bad. Dragic wanted a player option, which puts the franchise at a disadvantage. Lin's potential is pretty appealing. Take into account the marketing factor, and for $8m a year (which still doesn't put our salary over the minimum), it's justified.
    Last edited by TheAesirsFinest; 10-25-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Kyle Lowry this preseason:
    27.7 MPG, 15.3 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 5.7 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.3 BPG, .481 FG%, .500 3P%, .867 FT%

The hypocrisy is that he's complaining about Lin's inability to get over a supposedly minor injury while he himself is unable to cease being butthurt over anything Lin-related, minor or major. Thanks for reminding me though - he hasn't been consistent either. At the time of the Heat-Knicks series, he talked trash about how Lin wasn't playing with such a negligible setback iirc.

I've said have said the exact same things about lin from the jump. go pull up the thread if you want. too much work tho.

There's another thread on Rockets ownership pushing for Lin.