Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Jordan didn't play for over a year after his retirement, came back and immediately dropped 55 in the Madison Square Garden. It could happen.

Yeah, but MJ was part bionic. We all know that.

Lakers in 5. Book it. Championship no.15 is going to look mighty good in Staples.

Lakers in 6

Without Nelson the Magic aren't nearly as deadly. If L.A pay attention to the three point line they will be fine, Dwight had the pleasure of going up against a weak frontcourt against the Cavs...here he will have problems...more defensively than anything else.

I replied back via PM, be best to keep this thread just about Lakers/Magic.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by #1SportsFan86
    Wow Lakers fans picking the Lakers to win that's not surprising at all......

hahah its not surprising to see you with a moranic post

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by MBC2K4
    Also last year in the only meeting between the Lakers and Magic where Gasol played, he started at C against Howard and went 12-15 from the field for 30 points and 9 rebounds. Howard was only 6-11 for 16 points. Gasol can do damage against Howard if he is matched with him.
    Last year? Let's talk about this year.. I'm just taking what I wrote in another thread:

Well, in both games this year I'd say Dwight was rather significant. He had 18 and 12 with a couple blocks and only took 6 shots, they Lakers gave up 15 FT's to him. Add to that Pau and Bynum shot a combined 5-13, Bynum couldn't even stay in the game.

The second game Howard had 25 20 and 3 blocks while Bynum and Gasol were able to muster 27pts and 12rebs on 11 for 26 shooting between the two of them.

Personally I'd say Howard will be the opposite of insignificant, even if he doesn't have huge numbers offensively. He will rebound the ball well and is more than likely going to protect the paint.

Personally I think the Lakers definitely have the upper hand in the series with Kobe plus their experience from last year should be enough to get them over the top in 6, but I'm definitely rooting for ORL and wouldn't be surprised if they take it in 6. If they steal game 1 I think they have a good chance.

Banned

Redick vs. Morrison!!! OMG!

I rule the local playground GMW's Avatar

I'm picking the Lakers in 6. It will be a tough series no doubt, but it was Jameer Nelson who was killing us in the regular season, they'll miss him. Unlike Cleveland, we've got the perfect guys to throw at Turkoglu and Lewis in Ariza and Odom. Look for the Lakers' bigs to attack and try to get Howard in foul trouble before he can do the same to us. Dunno who is supposed to check Kobe, I read Pietrus did a good job on Lebron, but he still averaged like 40 points so Kobe should have no trouble scoring when he wants to.

Good luck Magic fans, may the best team win.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    Expect to see a lot of Odom at PF going up against Lewis on the perimeter.
    Odom can't guard Lewis in the perimeter. On the other hand Lewis can't deal with Odom down low. They might end of canceling each other out, but look for Lewis to score more and Odom to rebound more.

It should be very close. I don't think either team in winning in under 6 games. The Lakers just need to show up and compete. The Magic just need to keep playing like they have been.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Odom can't guard Lewis in the perimeter. On the other hand Lewis can't deal with Odom down low. They might end of canceling each other out, but look for Lewis to score more and Odom to rebound more.
    why? Lewis has no dribble moves at all. All he has to do is close out and he is fine.

Howard should be able to dominate Gasol and/or Bynum. Hell, the whole Lakers front court. He just needs to stay out of foul trouble.

Ariza, and Odom match-up well with Turk, and Lewis. If Orlando can get out in transition, and should the 3 like they have the whole playoffs, they have a chance.

Fisher has sucked all playoffs, so Alston/Johnson have the advantage here.

The key is obviously Kobe. He'll dominate who ever guards him. Lee is pretty good defender, but he won't be able to guard Kobe. If he goes off in this series (all around game, not dominate scoring points), and get's solid support from his teammates, the Lakers will win.

I'll pray to the most high that the Magic win the series.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the home team win all the games in this series, so home court advantage maybe the key/deciding factor.

With all that being said, Lakers in 6. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Kujo; 05-31-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Lightbulb Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

i see some laker fans saying all orlando has is howard, they have hedo, lewis, and lee and pietrus.

yes all the lakers gotta do is defend the 3pt line, and don't let howard elbow them trying make a shot.

LET'S GO LAKERS!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    Howard should be able to dominate Gasol and/or Bynum. Hell, the whole Lakers front court. He just needs to stay out of foul trouble.
    from what basis do you say this? in the two games the magic won in the regular season, he did not dominate...and thanks to jameer, they won those games. he certainly played well, but far from domination. just sayin....

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

I think Pietris will be the unsung hero in this series and will give Kobe more trouble than most are realizing. Without a doubt Lee/Pietris will gaurd Kobe much better than Denver did. Pietris did a good job of wearing Down Lebron and making him work but Kobe is more perimiter oriented and Pietris size and athletisism will cause Kobe Problems even more than Lebron cause he can't use his own size and strength like Lebron did.