Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Man Murders A Drunk Driver After Car Crash

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    right but he is one of many that go through this...of the 9,000+ that die every year from drunk drivers there are a decent chunk of those that are children (I think I remember seeing 400 something)...this is rare occasion...which is why the thread was made

I mean I think it is safe to assume most don't think like this man...I don't think I would, I think I would be to devastated to think about a revenge kill
    You never know, dude. Unless you're in that situation, we are all talking out of our ass.

When I watch WWII movies or war movies in general and during a fierce fire fight, my wife would ask me how I think I would react, would I be the soldier out there leading his men into hostile fire or would I be the one hiding from the fight and I tell her I have no idea. I would like to think I'd be the brave dude but what if my self perserverence instinct kicks in overdrive?

I honestly have no clue and unless you've been there, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Because different situations might produce different results?

Say you were in this guy Barajas exact same situation, close to home, no cops around and time to get venegeance. I bet a majority of fathers put lead on the asshole who just killed two of your kids.

When you are a parent, the love of your child is the greatest love you can ever have, seeing your child die in front of your eyes would make a lot of people lose it, literally.

I somehow doubt Barajas was thinking the day of the accident, "gee, I'd like to blow off some muthafakkah's head today, hopefully I'll get the chance"
    Except, one of his children wasn't pronounced dead until sometime later at the hospital. Time could've been spent, you know, trying to help the victims. Instead, the guy goes back into his house retrieving a weapon, so he can put one in the head of the other driver.

Barajas is a murderer.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    Except, one of his children wasn't pronounced dead until sometime later at the hospital. Time could've been spent, you know, trying to help the victims. Instead, the guy goes back into his house retrieving a weapon, so he can put one in the head of the other driver.

Barajas is a murderer.
    careful dude, logic is frowned upon in this thread

You never know, dude. Unless you're in that situation, we are all talking out of our ass.

When I watch WWII movies or war movies in general and during a fierce fire fight, my wife would ask me how I think I would react, would I be the soldier out there leading his men into hostile fire or would I be the one hiding from the fight and I tell her I have no idea. I would like to think I'd be the brave dude but what if my self perserverence instinct kicks in overdrive?

I honestly have no clue and unless you've been there, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.
    I agree, and like I said, that is the same thing I said earlier in this thread when asked what I would do...I said "it is impossible to know"

but I was just pointing out that it does look as though the majority do not think like this man...it's a rare story and dd deaths, even to children, are not rare

Barajas is a murderer.
    If the driver is proven drunk, the jury will be sympathetic to him...manslaughter and out after a few years.

If the driver is proven drunk, the jury will be sympathetic to him...manslaughter and out after a few years.
    I don't care what he ends up being convicted of.

Barajas shot someone in the head before first responders arrived on scene. I don't have to be an apologist for drunk driving to say he was wrong and murdered that man.

assuming the other driver was at fault, I'm not sure why his sobriety matters that much

it's manslaughter by the other driver no matter what he was doing to cause the wreck...maybe he fell asleep at the wheel, maybe he was texting, maybe he ran a light, maybe he decided to commit suicide by driving into the other lane...etc etc...weather would be the best excuse but I didn't read anything about icy roads or rain.

It was a fatal mistake behind the wheel regardless of drunk or sober...and like I said earlier, I don't think the father knew or cared about his sobriety when he went for revenge...all he knew was that some asshole crashed into him and killed his kids.

Barajas is a murderer.
    We dont know what happened to his children, or exactly what he saw. One could have been cut in half by the vehicle, and the other pinned underneath in a coma state. The father most likely easily thought both his children where dead.

Lets not assume though.....

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Even if the father was convicted for the shooting, they could only get him for manslaughter, right?
    It would be under heat of the moment/crime of passion/not premeditated, something of that nature.
    LOL, please tell me you're joking?

#thankGodUrNotALawyer

Quote Originally Posted by mrpuente
    We dont know what happened to his children, or exactly what he saw. One could have been cut in half by the vehicle, and the other pinned underneath in a coma state. The father most likely easily thought both his children where dead.

Lets not assume though.....
    What are you trying to argue?

Barajas checked both his children for signs of life and investigated the crash scene under suspicion of drunk driving before executing this man?

What are you trying to argue?

Barajas checked both his children for signs of life and investigated the crash scene under suspicion of drunk driving before executing this man?
    the fact that maybe he thought they were both dead?

and yes, why are we assuming otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpuente
    the fact that maybe he thought they were both dead?

and yes, why are we assuming otherwise?
    one of his sons was flown to the hospital by helicopter because he was alive

and intrinsic pointed out this:

Brazoria County sheriff's investigator Dominick Sanders said Monday that witnesses told authorities they saw Barajas, right after the crash, walk to his home and then return a few minutes later and approach Banda's vehicle.
    the way I pictured it is that they were in the middle of the road pushing a car in the dark because no gas...the 20 year old came up from behind them and smashed into them...one son died right away, the other still showing signs of life...911 is called by Barajas, who decided to walk to his home and get his gun while his oldest son is still alive on the street, and then shoot the 20 year old in the head.

yeah, that is what drunk driving is...a careless mistake

just like texting while driving...which is getting death numbers on similar levels
    It's beyond careless. That's completely trivializing the serious nature of drunk driving. You're putting everyone else on the road in danger when you make that decision. There is absolutely no excusing it, you can't rationalize this bullshit behavior. The guy was a piece of trash for drunk driving and it bit him in the ass.

texting on the other hand, is inexcusable...
    As is drunk driving, completely unacceptable under any circumstances.

exactly, they are both careless and should be treated in similar fashion...and both have been done at least once by many over the age of 25...just about all of them not undeserving of the death penalty for being careless

however a driver decides to text while sober, a drunk driver decides it's a good idea to drive while drunk...the same night he thought it would be a good idea dance shirtless at the club and then fist fight his best friend...yes measures can be taken to prevent drunk driving, but at the age of 20 (the age of the driver here) most don't think that far ahead, or care...all they care about is the party.

I'm not trying to belittle the seriousness of it...it's as serious as a heart attack, multiple heart attacks...I am just being real about it...this was some kid that just got done drinking with his buddies and made a stupid mistake that cost 2 kids their lives, he is one of many and none of these kids deserve to be shot in the head.