Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    College superstar

Default George Bush and daughter Barbara pics with Team USA

Spain's men's basketball team pose for the advert. Photograph: Public domain

Spain's Basketball Federation has published a good luck advert for their men's team, the world champions, in which they stand pulling at the sides of their eyes in a slit-eyed gesture.

There is no obvious intention to upset their Olympic hosts in Beijing, but the irresponsible picture is likely to cause controversy and could be interpreted so as to lead to accusations of racism.

Spanish sport has been mired in rows over racism in the last few years. In November 2004 black English footballers were subjected to relentless racial barracking from home supporters in a match in Spain. Before the World Cup there were calls for Luis Aragones, then Spain's football coach, to be sacked after he called Thierry Henry a "black +!%*". And last year Lewis Hamilton suffered racist abuse during testing for the Spanish grand prix near Barcelona.

Spain play their first match in the Olympic basketball competition against Greece at 7.30am BST today.
    Pau plays in LA obviously which has a huge Asian population, as well as LA having just signed Sun Yue who is also Asian. Interesting to see how much, if at all, the media jumps on this.
    Last edited by DatZNasty; 08-12-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: because u touch urself at night

Default Re: Spanish National Team Controversial "Slant-Eye" Photo and teammates

This news has been posted twice already sir.

College superstar

* typical ISH reposter response *

Well excuse my for having a life and not being on the internet 24/7. I was out hanging with FRIENDS and GIRLS.

My bad. But seriously, if we had a reliable search function, this wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Well excuse my for having a life and not being on the internet 24/7. I was out hanging with FRIENDS and GIRLS.

My bad. But seriously, if we had a reliable search function, this wouldn't happen.
    They are all on the 1st page. No search function needed.

Edit: just messing around Datz.
    Last edited by statman32; 08-12-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Well excuse my for having a life and not being on the internet 24/7.
    You are right there with some of the posters that have the most posts on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    You are right there with some of the posters that have the most posts on this board.
    I like it when they post they were hanging out with a girl. It's like, "Look at me I'm the cool guy, I like basketball AND girls. I fit in don't I?" No one cares.

Ok, so because you were hanging out with friends and *gasp* girls, you can't spend 10 seconds looking at the first page to see if the same thread you're about to make has already been made? Makes sense to me!

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I like it when they post they were hanging out with a girl. It's like, "Look at me I'm the cool guy, I like basketball AND girls. I fit in don't I?" No one cares.
    Yea, exactly. I was making fun of how that's the most common response to when people report, not saying it myself.

But is there already a topic on George Bush's daughter being felt up by LeBron right in front of daddy? If so, I'll switcharoo.

"Yes sir, Mr. President sir, we'll have her back by 10."

You just made up for making a repeat thread. His daughter is looking like she is enjoying it, especially in the 1st picture where she looks like she has a nightgown on.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Give 'em hell Datz. Not everyone missed the sarcasm.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32

You just made up for making a repeat thread. His daughter is looking like she is enjoying it, especially in the 1st picture where she looks like she has a nightgown on.
    That's dangerous water Bron is treading in though. Apparently, Barbara Bush (is that her name?) does care about black people.
    Last edited by DatZNasty; 08-12-2008 at 01:04 AM.

Ohhhh snap.

Yea, exactly. I was making fun of how that's the most common response to when people report, not saying it myself.

But is there already a topic on George Bush's daughter being felt up by LeBron right in front of daddy? If so, I'll switcharoo.

"Yes sir, Mr. President sir, we'll have her back by 10."
    Dwight Howard's obscured again...NIKE CONSPIRACY!

College superstar

why the **** won't it let me change the title of the thread?