Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Front runner for MVP right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    And Iverson was not better than Shaq, Kobe, Duncan. CP3 has a chance still, just a very small one.
    Iverson was better than Kobe in 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    What's so special about this season? His defense has not been great from beginning to end. If people judged fairly, he wouldn't make the All-Defensive Team this year (unless he continues on the upward trajectory). He's not been one of the 4 best defensive forwards so far this season. His rebounding has been impressive, and so has his efficiency. Despite his assists, his team play hasn't been as great this year and his scoring is still a little down. He was playing better his first season in Miami and didn't win. This is his least impressive season since 2007/08.
    Lebron is better at everything, having one of the best seasons, is a playmaker AND scorer while leading his successful team in every aspect of the game in points, assists and rebounds.. doing all of this shooting over 55%. If that's not the most valuable player then I don't know what is.

I don't think Jordan should have 8 MVP's. From what I've seen, Magic rightfully won in 89. And Magic has plenty of case for it in 90, just as as Barkley did. Barkley and Hakeem seem fair bets in 93. They all were. And I think Malone should have won it in 98.

He already has 5...you could argue a couple more, but I hardly think he was robbed every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Lebron is better at everything, having one of the best seasons, is a playmaker AND scorer while leading his successful team in every aspect of the game in points, assists and rebounds.. doing all of this shooting over 55%. If that's not the most valuable player then I don't know what is.

Having one of the best seasons? Like ever? No.

I don't care what he's better at. His actual play hasn't been overwhelmingly clear. He's a great defender, but his defense hasn't been great this year. Should we put him on the All-Defensive 1st Team this year? He shouldn't even make the 2nd team. Even if he keeps this pace for the rest of the year, he'll make the 1st Team and maybe even win DPOTY if the voters feel there isn't an obvious winner.

He's doing a lot for Miami. But a lot of what he's doing they don't need him to do. He's great and makes things happen, and he has a legitimate argument for MVP. But it won't matter if his actual season play doesn't measure up to his overall game. He's not having one of the great seasons; that's just ridiculous.

Samurai Swoosh

MJ was the best player in the league from '89 - '98. Both sides of the ball. '89 overachieved with his team. '90 overachieved with his team. Pushing the eventual champion to seven games. '93 voter fatigue, Barkley not near as much of an impact player on defense as Jordan. Coaches called MJ and Hakeem the best defensive players in the league. Then he totally out performed Barkley in the '93 Finals. In '97 Malone had to be the first to openly campaign for the award, more voter fatigue, then once again MJ out performs main competitor on the biggest stage. '98 MVP more than deserved. Arguably the best player in the league, at 35 years old, carrying a two time defending champion sans their 2nd best player for about half the season. Utterly incredible. In all reality, a 7 - 8 time deserved MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Having one of the best seasons? Like ever? No.

I don't care what he's better at. His actual play hasn't been overwhelmingly clear. He's a great defender, but his defense hasn't been great this year. Should we put him on the All-Defensive 1st Team this year? He shouldn't even make the 2nd team. Even if he keeps this pace for the rest of the year, he'll make the 1st Team and maybe even win DPOTY if the voters feel there isn't an obvious winner.

He's doing a lot for Miami. But a lot of what he's doing they don't need him to do. He's great and makes things happen, and he has a legitimate argument for MVP. But it won't matter if his actual season play doesn't measure up to his overall game. He's not having one of the great seasons; that's just ridiculous.
    What is this? You just basically gave me some lame reasons while ignoring all of the facts that makes Lebron the Most valuable player. Not even 2nd team all defense? Miami doesn't need him to do some of the things he does? C'mon man, be serious, you can do better.

Lebron is the best in the game and is the leader in points, assists and rebounds for his team. He's as valuable as it gets for a team who's leading the East. Also doing all of this while being more effective than his competition and managing to combine both scoring and playmaking. Durant is doing one thing better which is scoring but he's not even doing it in a more effective way.

NBA rookie of the year

Ya, go ahead and name 4 forwards that have been better defensivly than LeBron thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Ya, go ahead and name 4 forwards that have been better defensivly than LeBron thus far.
    Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Josh Smith, Deng, Iggy, Duncan, KG?

There are probably some others, Lebron played REALLY lazy defense for 50% of the season so far, not even contesting much, letting scrubs blow by him, showing little intensity. Him and Miami have picked it up lately and got back to their old self, but Lebron for the season wasn't as active or impressive defensively as he was past 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    What is this? You just basically gave me some lame reasons while ignoring all of the facts that makes Lebron the Most valuable player. Not even 2nd team all defense? Miami doesn't need him to do some of the things he does? C'mon man, be serious, you can do better.

Lebron is the best in the game and is the leader in points, assists and rebounds for his team. He's as valuable as it gets for a team who's leading the East. Also doing all of this while being more effective than his competition and managing to combine both scoring and playmaking. Durant is doing one thing better which is scoring but he's not even doing it in a more effective way.

I don't know what you're trying to argue. Are you even arguing his level of play this season?

Andrei Kirilenko, Josh Smith, Luol Deng, Paul George, Gerald Wallace, Andre Iguodala, even Shawn Marion...they've been better defenders this season. So what? That's not relevant?

He leads his team in all those categories...so what? Garnett should have 7 MVP's then. I think Durant has played better so far, and I don't even like Durant and his phony chippyness and all the unnecessary FT's he gets. Maybe a week or two will go by and I'll take a look again and change my mind. But for most of the season Durant has played better and I haven't changed my mind yet. But to think Lebron is so far ahead is stupid and is a case of loving the artist and not the art. His season is not levels ahead, sorry.

Those saying that Paul is only strengthening his case sitting out, how the hell do you do that? You're not valuable sitting on the sidelines doing nothing.
    Might as well award it to a player who has a season ending injury in the first game and his team goes on to have a shitty season, after winning a championship last season.

Makes no sense. The more you play, the more valuable you are. You sit out a few games and the team loses all of them, too bad. You're not being valuable or proving your value by sitting out doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Those saying that Paul is only strengthening his case sitting out, how the hell do you do that? You're not valuable sitting on the sidelines doing nothing.
    Might as well award it to a player who has a season ending injury in the first game and his team goes on to have a shitty season, after winning a championship last season.

Makes no sense. The more you play, the more valuable you are. You sit out a few games and the team loses all of them, too bad. You're not being valuable or proving your value by sitting out doing nothing.
    I completely agree. You have to be on the damn court to win the award. Paul has already missed 12 games and he can't afford to miss too many more. KD and James have lead thus far and will likely finish 1 and 2.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

CP3.....clipps blow without him. Dominate with him.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shih508
    Iverson was better than Kobe in 2001