Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Teletovic : Best or Bust?

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Best way to describe his game that he plays like he is in 3 point competion. No rebound,no defense, no pass, no dribble, no moves, no hesitation,just shoot as fast as he can. Even in limited playing time he makes me say I have never seen another player like him.
    > Your description instantly makes me think of Eddie House.
    Wasn't Teletovic a versatile player who liked contact in Europe? I haven't watched any Nets games this season, so I'm curious as to how his game changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    > Your description instantly makes me think of Eddie House.
    Wasn't Teletovic a versatile player who liked contact in Europe? I haven't watched any Nets games this season, so I'm curious as to how his game changed.
    He spent more time playing inside last season, but he's always been a player who loved 3s.

Learning to shoot layups Partizan's Avatar

I don't think Mirza will succeed in NBA... Unless some team just makes him their franchise player for shits and giggles.
    He needs complete freedom to be productive, he is a volume scorer and honestly he doesn't deserve that kind of opportunity in the NBA.

Regarding Childress, I kinda have to admit Euroleague has a point about him, he was an important player for Olympiacos that season, and his off. rebound in the semifinals againts my Partizan took them to the finals, but he was just a good player on a good team, he didn't have superstar status or played like a supestar, he was a good player on terrible contract...
    He struggled to create for himself on offense, but thrived in transition and open court. From what I remember he was more than a solid rebounder and a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    I don't think Mirza will succeed in NBA... Unless some team just makes him their franchise player for shits and giggles.
    He needs complete freedom to be productive, he is a volume scorer and honestly he doesn't deserve that kind of opportunity in the NBA.

Regarding Childress, I kinda have to admit Euroleague has a point about him, he was an important player for Olympiacos that season, and his off. rebound in the semifinals againts my Partizan took them to the finals, but he was just a good player on a good team, he didn't have superstar status or played like a supestar, he was a good player on terrible contract...
    He struggled to create for himself on offense, but thrived in transition and open court. From what I remember he was more than a solid rebounder and a defender.
    Are you really from Montenegro? You guys are quickly becoming a force in European basketball. Pekovic and Vucevic are both starters and you've got major talents like Dubljevic and Ivanovic. The national team has lots of above average players in Europe as well...they impressively beat Serbia twice this summer. I look forward to watching them in Eurobasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Are you really from Montenegro? You guys are quickly becoming a force in European basketball. Pekovic and Vucevic are both starters and you've got major talents like Dubljevic and Ivanovic. The national team has lots of above average players in Europe as well...they impressively beat Serbia twice this summer. I look forward to watching them in Eurobasket.
    Yes, I'm from Montenegro, well we have a great frontcourt and there are also talks that maybe Mirotic will also play for us due to Ibaka taking his spot in Spanish team. Problem is that our only hope on the outside is that Ivanovic pans out, we are forced to give passports to American players to play in the backcourt for us and I don't really support that in a national team...
    If Pekovic plays I hope for a good result in Eurobasket this summer...

Euroleague doesn't have a point about him. No one was calling Childress a superstar in Euroleague. But if you look at Euroleague's post he says things like Childress was absolute trash, the worse player on Olympiacos, the worse player he has ever seen, etc...We are just agreeing with you and the 99% of sane people that he was a good player and as you say a solid rebounder and defender.

Banned

Just another euroscrub who was a superstar in Europe and a useless low percentage shooting clown in the real basketball league.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Euroleague doesn't have a point about him. No one was calling Childress a superstar in Euroleague. But if you look at Euroleague's post he says things like Childress was absolute trash, the worse player on Olympiacos, the worse player he has ever seen, etc...We are just agreeing with you and the 99% of sane people that he was a good player and as you say a solid rebounder and defender.
    I overreacted when I said he had a point, I meant to say he was on a right track when you disregard his crazy hyperboles...
    Only problem with Childress were expectations and huge contract, he was a rotation player with Hawks and Olympiacos expected him to be a superstar in Europe...

Dunking on everybody in the park bd#1pguard's Avatar

hey man your partizan should let zvezda win the league just once man, its been too long for them. kako vas nije sram samo pobjedzujete haha

So they lost the final game. The one game elimination final. The point is that a team with Childress and Kleiza as two of their three best players and a team with Kirilienko and Krstic as their best players made the Euroleague final and the Kirilenko and Krstic team lost the final by one point on a last second jump shot.

So by your logic the only good team in Euroleague is the champion. If the runner-up is not good that means all other 22 team must be bad as well. So Euroleague is a league with only one good team? lol

And no one ever called Spanoulis a scrub in Euroleague. We all know he is one of the best players in Euroleague. He was a scrub in the NBA.

Yeah, and they all lost to Spanoulis in the playoffs, Childress lost to Spanoulis THREE times in playoffs (Greek League and Euroleague)...............

Strange how they were "studs in Euroleague" despite all losing to the "scrub" in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-03-2012 at 03:26 PM.

I never said anything about Childress being better than any of those people. You just spread a lie saying he was trash in Euroleague. I showed the facts that he was all-Euroleague 2nd team and the second leader scorer and rebounder on the Euroleague runner-up and therefore not trash.
    You said he was the "second or third best player on Olympiacos" in 2009-10 season. So yes, you DID say he was better than ALL of those players.

STOP LYING.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    You still haven't mentioned how the player who you claim is the worst you've ever seen managed to put up good stats on a team that went to the finals. Who cares who they lost to, they went to the finals and he was their 2nd/3rd best player. Why don't you just recant your statement of him being the worst you've seen and admit you were exaggerating that statement?

So they lost the final game. The one game elimination final. The point is that a team with Childress and Kleiza as two of their three best players and a team with Kirilienko and Krstic as their best players made the Euroleague final and the Kirilenko and Krstic team lost the final by one point on a last second jump shot.

So by your logic the only good team in Euroleague is the champion. If the runner-up is not good that means all other 22 team must be bad as well. So Euroleague is a league with only one good team? lol

And no one ever called Spanoulis a scrub in Euroleague. We all know he is one of the best players in Euroleague. He was a scrub in the NBA.
    Childress, the "great Euroleague player" and "legit NBA rotation player" lost in the Greek League Finals, a FIVE GAME playoff series, TWO TIMES to the "epic scrub" Spanoulis.

FIVE GAME PLAYOFF SERIES.

Kleiza also lost the series to Spanoulis.

Kleiza was 0-1 in 5 game series against Spanoulis and Childress was 0-2.

You said he was the 2nd or 3rd best player on Olympiacos 2009-10 team. Only a superstar level Euroleague player would ever approach being the second or third player on a roster like that.

You are calling Childress a Euroleague superstar every god damn time the subject comes up idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Just another euroscrub who was a superstar in Europe and a useless low percentage shooting clown in the real basketball league.
    List of "good" NBA players that were huge scrubs in Euroleague:

Gary Neal

Goran Dragic

Ricky Rubio

Ty Lawson

Brandon Jennings

etc.