Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Default Re: After Finals Game 1, Dirk Nowitzki has torn tendon in his left middle finger

Mavs might have collection of star caliber players but none of them have heart of a champion.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Default Re: After Finals Game 1, Dirk Nowitzki has torn tendon in his left middle finger

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshoot
    Mavs might have collection of star caliber players but none of them have heart of a champion.
    Collection? The Mavs have one.

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I have a torn ligament on my left thumb, which is my off hand. For the guy that thinks it will effect his left handle dribble drives then you are wrong. It doesn't really effect shooting either though.
    Function of ligaments is completely different from the function of a tendon. A ligament tear on a finger is almost meaningless in any movement. A tendon tear, depending on where on the finger could limit motions of the finger, if not at-least the resting position of the finger.

That being said, a middle finger tendon tear shouldn't cause that much problem with his dribbling, but if you want a feel of what it will be like for him...just dribble a basketball without letting the middle finger touching the ball. That's what it's going to feel like for him more or less.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Collection? The Mavs have one.
    A collection of one star player

Dirk will be fine...

Washed up streetballer ACCBaller1403's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJmicah
    every person that hates the heat will say that the ring doesnt count because dirk was "injured", everybody will say wade got too many freethrows the first time and he got injured the second, "poor dirk he desrves those fluke heat championships!" and im sure he'll say something like" it was too bad I got injured we couldve won" I expect refs to be the main excuse though
    Yet your post was accusing Dirk of making excuses, not his fans. Dirk has never used excuses as crutches like a sore elbow or a dislocated shoulder for example. So defensive you Heat (bandwagon) "fans" are.

kind of weird how dirk was so candid about how it could limit him. i don't think it'll affect him all that much but it's notable that he likes to drives to his left and well, he dribbles with his left hand that way.

hmm, so idk. miami was actually forcing him to the middle in game 1 as i stated. they were trying to keep him from shooting over his right shoulder and varying up double teams and personnel. lebron never even really guarded him.