Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Ricky Rubio is a Minnesota Timberwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The Euroleague always has scrub players in it that were starters or 6th men on NBA playoff teams. Many NBA rotation players absolutely suck in Euroleague. Did you not actually know this?
    So what, there have been Euroleague MVPs and top players that have sucked in the NBA. It doesn't mean a thing.

Former Bulls Fan.

My opinion on this matter is that Rubio will be a great player in the NBA with All-Star appearances but not Best PG in the NBA Material. He has the potential to be the best passer in the NBA with a solid jumpshot and if he can develop a driving game where he can draw fouls at will then we can be looking at Top 5 PG potential. He has proven to play better against NBA players than he does against euros so I have no doubt that he will excel that the NBA level. My prediction for his prime is 17/14/3/3.

Former Bulls Fan.

The US media hype on Rubio is relentless and constant.

US sports media (ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Sports Illustrated, Slam Magazine, Fox Sports) constantly call him "the best player in the Euroleague", "the best player on the best team in Europe" and other BS like that.

Draftexpress.com and NBADraft.net lied about him for YEARS before finally coming clean on him...........

NBA GMs regularly call him things like "special", "once in a lifetime player", "once in a generation player", "best point guard in history of Europe", "best Euroleague player of all time", "best player in Europe".............etc.

When he absolutely sucks in Euroleague.

It is clear that the NBA is just using him as a marketing tool to the Latin market and plans on creating another fake and totally manufactured "star" out of him.

He will probably shoot more free throws a game than Wade does, and be allowed to hand check on defense - and all the while, this "NBA star" would still be a POS player if he was being reffed normally.
    I totally agree with the bold part but do you have any proof of the media or GMs calling him the best player in the Euroleague? 2+ Please.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    My opinion on this matter is that Rubio will be a great player in the NBA with All-Star appearances but not Best PG in the NBA Material. He has the potential to be the best passer in the NBA with a solid jumpshot and if he can develop a driving game where he can draw fouls at will then we can be looking at Top 5 PG potential. He has proven to play better against NBA players than he does against euros so I have no doubt that he will excel that the NBA level. My prediction for his prime is 17/14/3/3.
    If he ends up averaging 14 assists, along with 17 points and 3 steals a game, how in the hell would he not be "the best point guard in the NBA material"?

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    If he ends up averaging 14 assists, along with 17 points and 3 steals a game, how in the hell would he not be "the best point guard in the NBA material"?
    Bad team record lol. Just like if you put Rondo on the Timber Wolves.

Bad team record lol. Just like if you put Rondo on the Timber Wolves.
    Alright, I could see that, but if Rubio plays at that level and Love continues to excel, I don't see how they wouldn't at least compete for a playoff spot.

NBA Superstar

I just don't get where this is coming from given his Euroleague stats, which are pitiful

The US media hype on Rubio is relentless and constant.

US sports media (ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Sports Illustrated, Slam Magazine, Fox Sports) constantly call him "the best player in the Euroleague", "the best player on the best team in Europe" and other BS like that.

Draftexpress.com and NBADraft.net lied about him for YEARS before finally coming clean on him...........

NBA GMs regularly call him things like "special", "once in a lifetime player", "once in a generation player", "best point guard in history of Europe", "best Euroleague player of all time", "best player in Europe".............etc.

When he absolutely sucks in Euroleague.

It is clear that the NBA is just using him as a marketing tool to the Latin market and plans on creating another fake and totally manufactured "star" out of him.

He will probably shoot more free throws a game than Wade does, and be allowed to hand check on defense - and all the while, this "NBA star" would still be a POS player if he was being reffed normally.
    Everything in bold is BS. Its like you don't even watch or read basketball coverage from the US. Its not even hard to find made up crap with you. You just flat out make stuff up.

YOu want to know who has talked the most about RR on ESPN? Colin Cowherd who is constantly trashing the guy. Other than that, you RARELY hear about him. Infact, today was teh first time I have seen anyone outside of CC on ESPN mention Rubio since midway through the regular season and even then it was just Jon Barry making a snide remark about him never coming over.

Good god you are such weak sauce.
    Last edited by kentatm; 06-02-2011 at 05:44 PM.

"best passer in the NBA"

http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...tegory=Assists

12th in the Euroleague in assists with 3 small forwards ahead of him in the stats.

"solid jump shot"

32% from the field and 22% from 3 point range in the Euroleague.........

"He has proven to play better against NBA players than he does against euros"

Funny, he sucked against USA in 2008 Olympics. He sucked against USA in the 2010 friendly game and it was because of his bad play that Spain lost the game.

He sucked against the Lakers when Barca played them. He almost caused Barca to lose. They won despite him. He was the worst player they had in that game.

What in the world are you basing these predictions on?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-02-2011 at 06:00 PM.

I totally agree with the bold part but do you have any proof of the media or GMs calling him the best player in the Euroleague? 2+ Please.
    They have been saying that for the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Everything in bold is BS. Its like you don't even watch or read basketball coverage from the US. Its not even hard to find made up crap with you. You just flat out make stuff up.

YOu want to know who has talked the most about RR on ESPN? Colin Cowherd who is constantly trashing the guy. Other than that, you RARELY hear about him. Infact, today was teh first time I have seen anyone outside of CC on ESPN mention Rubio since midway through the regular season and even then it was just Jon Barry making a snide remark about him never coming over.

Good god you are such weak sauce.
    You are damn liar.

It is US sports media that called him the next Nash the next Maravich, best European player since Petrovic, best Spanish talent of all time, etc.

ALL OF IT CAME FROM US MEDIA.

Just this season the NBA GM survey declared Rubio the best player on the planet outside of the NBA.

STOP LYING
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-02-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    I just don't get where this is coming from given his Euroleague stats, which are pitiful
    I believe he does much better playing against NBA players in the NBA game. Also think of him getting all these foul shots..

Former Bulls Fan.

"best passer in the NBA"

http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...tegory=Assists

12th in the Euroleague in assists with 3 small forwards ahead of him in the stats.

"solid jump shot"

32% from the field and 22% from 3 point range in the Euroleague.........

"He has proven to play better against NBA players than he does against euros"

Funny, he sucked against USA in 2008 Olympics. He sucked against USA in the 2010 friendly game and it was because of his bad play that Spain lost the game.

He sucked against the Lakers when Barca played them. He almost caused Barca to lose. They won despite him. He was the worst player they had in that game.

What in the world are you basing these predictions on?
    You are retarded. The Leader in assists based off this chart only averages 6 per game. Rubio averages 4 while playing only 20 minutes a game and lets just leave out the 2 steals per game in 20 mins. Okay. The NBA and Euroleague are different types of basketball.
    You then say he sucked in the 2008 Olympics. Are you serious? Chris Paul averaged 13/5/3 in 24 mins and Rubio averaged 5/5/5 in 28 Mins while being what? 17 years old?

NBA lottery pick

EuroLeague and Ricky went to the same school. Euro was a 17 year old computer nerd, who just had his first girlfriend. Then 14 year old ACB star Rubio came along and told her, he wanted to show her his little Ricky and do the sex. Euro wanted to beat Ricky up, but Ricky kept throwing laser like assists to Euro

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    because there are about as many failures that come from europe as from college
    As a ratio it is not even close.

http://www.nba.com/history/draft_international.html

Now subtract the "Euro" players who went to college.