Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you think of the idea of sponsor ads being on player jerseys?

The NBA might eventually have sponsor ads on jerseys, as is the case in soccer and a bunch of other sports.

Read this: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9558

What do you think?

Default Re: What do you think of the idea of sponsor ads being on player jerseys?

i think it's ridiculous and i hope it's team specific because Dolan (for reasons he only understands, like most things) thinks the Knicks uniforms are sacred ground and should change as little as possible.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: What do you think of the idea of sponsor ads being on player jerseys?

If it gets Stern and the owners to stop crying poverty every time there is a labor negotiation, then I am all for it.

Inevitable.

I think it should be eased into it though, like maybe a small patch on the front, and or a patch under the number on the back.

Maybe also start it out on nationally televised games. I'd also like for it to not be done during the Playoffs, but that won't happen.

I hate any ads I can't click.

They talk about how they do it in soccer. Well, outside of MLS, the leagues in the world are compromised of clubs, not franchises.

It's not the same thing. It's a horrible idea.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

from the Bad News Bears.

it's great!

request some other ones if you guys feel like it!

Would hate it.

I'm going to come off as dorky, but this topic gets discussed in NBA 2K12 by the commentators in the game (Kevin Harlan, Clark Kellogg & Steve Kerr). Clark makes a good point about how seeing a McDonald's-like logo on MJ's jersey from his iconic images, such as his dunks, would take away from the effect of the images.

I think it's a terrible idea, but I know it's bound to happen.

Soccer gets away with it because there are zero commercials.

Remove the 6 minutes of TV time outs. Reduce full time-out total from 6 to 4, and you'd make the game about 10 minutes shorter. Doesn't really seem worth it.

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    Soccer gets away with it because there are zero commercials.

Remove the 6 minutes of TV time outs. Reduce full time-out total from 6 to 4, and you'd make the game about 10 minutes shorter. Doesn't really seem worth it.
    stern only cares about $$$.. you think he's gonna do this and still remove commercials/timeouts/ etc?..

dude will probably lengthen timeouts and commercials even more in the future.. its already so bad in the playoffs and finals with commercials

Ill never buy a swingman again if this gets through.

Banned

wtf so if we buy jerseys theres gonna be ads on them