Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Watch Dogs out on May 27

I played it for about 30mins last a night and the game looks good. I really don't see why people were complaining about the graphics. Controls takes a bit of getting used to and the driving is my only real gripe.

It's kinda hard getting away from the popo also.

I'm liking the game so far. How do you play a team multiplayer match online?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I played it for about 30mins last a night and the game looks good. I really don't see why people were complaining about the graphics. Controls takes a bit of getting used to and the driving is my only real gripe.

It's kinda hard getting away from the popo also.

I'm liking the game so far. How do you play a team multiplayer match online?
    I found it way to easy to escape the cops, just drive around, hack some lights, run through a park, jump some fences. Hardest part was the helicopter, but with a couple bridges or a tunnel it would be quite simple no doubt. Basically just don't stop.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    I found it way to easy to escape the cops, just drive around, hack some lights, run through a park, jump some fences. Hardest part was the helicopter, but with a couple bridges or a tunnel it would be quite simple no doubt. Basically just don't stop.
    I can't lose the Heli for some reason. The cops are like mad men. They just ram the hell out of me causing me to kill innocent people.

Hacking traffic lights don't seem to work for me unless I'm doing it wrong.

Do you know if you can fill out all skill trees?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I can't lose the Heli for some reason. The cops are like mad men. They just ram the hell out of me causing me to kill innocent people.

Hacking traffic lights don't seem to work for me unless I'm doing it wrong.

Do you know if you can fill out all skill trees?
    Not sure about the skill trees thing,

But as for the traffic lights, works best when going through busy ones and with speed, hack it just before you get there so traffic is flowing as you squeeze through.

Also, use a lot of back streets and narrow alleys as the are normally transformers or blockers down them which if use right can stop a lot of cops in one go.

I find that chases are either fairly easy, or really tough.

I've only put 2 hours into this game so far. The story doesn't have my full attention yet. I feel it's trying hard to get me to care about Aiden's family, and so far, no f[color=black]uck[/color]s are given.
    The driving is awful. I remember how much people complained about GTA V's driving. This game's driving mechanics make GTA San Andreas from the PS2 look good.
    I haven't advanced far yet. In fact, I got stuck evading cops for nearly an hour. Like Rose mentioned above, the chases are either really easy or overly hard.
    Anyway, I'm going to play it a bit more later tonight. Maybe after Heat @ Pacers.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I got about 2 hrs in tonight. So far I'm avoiding story like crazy. I'm trying to muscle through as much side stuff as I can to fatten up my skill tree before I try doing stuff. And the side stuff has so far been meaty enough to keep me enjoying what I'm doing.

The driving is horrible though. And the difficulty in free running is worse than GTA.

Banned

i'm blown away by how shitty this game is

I think it's worthy of an 8/10.

Saying it is shitty is a bit harsh, The driving is rather arcade like, but i don't have a problem controlling the cars, you just can't hold full accelerator all the time.
    I hope i get to experience one of these tougher cop pursuits soon, at this stage it more feels like i'm toying with them, the only way I've died so far is from jumping off buildings/bridges misjudging the drop

I've decided I don't like this game, and this is the last time I buy a brand new game on release date. I'm going back to my old way of waiting a couple months before buying an overly hyped game.
    Every time I try to play it for extended periods of time, I get bored and turn it off. The driving is awful; the combat sucks; it WAS fun hacking things until it became painfully repetitive; the cops are either super freaks or awful pigs; the graphics (for the PS3, at least) make it hard to believe this game came out in 2014 instead of 2010; and overall, the story has been very lackluster from the start.
    For some reason, this game looks and feels too similar to the first inFamous game. That isn't a compliment in 2014.
    Plus, there just doesn't seem to be too much to do. I'm aware of the side missions, but they suck, especially that flower-hopping hallucination you can do.
    You can't use your cash for anything useful; stopping a crime from occurring leads to the same boring foot chase every single time; and lastly, I don't care for how Ubisoft made it so we feel forced to be good guys. I'm just saying.

But I bet I will still play this game. I'm not letting that $60+ go to complete waste.

Oh, and another thing:
    Why the hell did they cheap out on car sounds?
    Every single car sounds like a hoopty piece of crap when you exit the vehicle and Aiden turns off the engine. Even the supercars sound like ghetto crap.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

So far I agree with all this stuff above. Shitty may be an overstatement. But it's certainly not a great game. It's a shame because the hacking mechanic is really a different enough thing that it could've been really cool. And the bouncing from camera to camera to change perspective has made for some fresh puzzling elements to me anyway. I found the CtOS tower hacking stuff almost comically influenced by the Assassin's Creed Viewpoint Towers.

But so far like DwnShft I've just been disappointed in so many little things. The driving, the cars, the side missions have been meh so far at best for me. If you were "disengaged" by the stealth elements in TLoU because of Ellie's popping out unseen, this is much worse, where shooting a guy with a silenced gun 6 feet from another guy yields no response.

There's just a lot of minor things that just seem not up to full AAA standards, which I expected not just because of the hype, but because this is Ubisoft. I think the Infamous stuff is a fair comp. I've enjoyed those games, but I'd consider them all a tick below an elite level game. Having enough flaws where if you focused on them you could easily not like the game.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the term "hacking" getting thrown around in this game is a little generic. I can see it feeling a little rediculous as you start "hacking" a soda machine, and some of the other things you can do. But so far I'm willing to backseat my concerns over this stuff and let myself role with the premise.
    For example, why can I "hack" something just because I can see it from a camera? Other times I have to be withing feet of thing to "hack" it, and apparently my world class hacking skills can't penetrate the firewall that is a shipping pallet, and I have to actually Shoot! the goddamn pallet to get it out of the way. But the second switch is on top of a roof I can't get to, but as long as I can see it from a camera viewpoint I'm good?
    Last edited by Thorpesaurous; 05-29-2014 at 01:05 PM.

This is a bit disappointing but also not surprising. The last time Ubisoft decided to significantly change a game was Splinter Cell: Conviction and that was a bit underwhelming.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Naughty Dog really are the best developers on the planet. This game is mediocre to pretty good. It's fun, nice graphics but is kind of similar to Killzone in terms of not meeting expectations; just disappointing. I expected more. Played for about 3-4 hours and after I turned it off, I had no urge to play it at a later time.

Similar with GTA 5, I beat it once and never touched it again.
    Don't worry my fellow Uncharted fans, the real PS4 gem will be showed on E3 June 9th...

Thorpe pointed out my big con with the game:the sometimes you can hack, sometimes you can't hack X. It makes no sense a lot of the time, it's annoying. It doesn't bother me enough except when I really want to hack something, that's unhackable and then the next mission requires me to hack something that's similar.

I didn't expect perfection because when you hype something up, spend that much on marketing, and then pull it back 8 months you got issues. The only developer in the world that can do that is basically Nintendo.

I still think it's a good 8/10 game. The story while not exactly engaging, has great NPCs. Aiden is finally showing some emotion, and I can feel myself rooting for him now at least a little bit. The inevitable sequel should learn a lot from this one. I feel like if it didn't have the annoying flaws it would have been terrific. It's similar to battlefield 4 in that regard, where the flaws don't make me stop playing it because otherwise the gameplay (I feel at least) is good enough to make me want to play it more.