Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Absolute Smartest People on InsideHoops

Cant forget the voices that like to talk just for the sake of hearing themselves talk. I'd place those those under the "less important" category. For the most part I agree with your perspective. Everyone observes the world differently and has a different opinion about it, which stems from our most basic instinct which is survival. Unfortunately some people are in the habit of talking from perspectives they have never experienced or been affected by, in which case they need to keep their opinions in their brains. Naturally media plays a big role in that.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    http://www.nicholascreative.com/foot...php?reset=true

^^^ a sample of what the NFL uses to calculate intelligence

IMO true intelligence doesn't necessarily translate into how well you come across on a message board, some of the world's most intelligent people would come of as complete weirdos in here.

and some of the people that come of very friendly and down to Earth in here could possibly be awful problem solvers...because they lack the brain power.

I'm smarter than Eli Manning

I was hoping others here would take this...

again, this is a sample of what the NFL uses to calculate intelligence...the wonderlic...the highest you can score is 50

problem solving uses brain power, much more than having well contructed posts in here IMO...I don't like the idea that intelligence can be calculated by posts on an NBA message board.

Intelligence is a tricky thing to evaluate. Problem solving and analytics is within anyone's capacity should they seek that knowledge. In my opinion intelligence should be measured by a persons inquisitiveness and what they choose to fill their brains with. Most morons I come across in my life are usually into mind numbing crap like reality shows, horoscopes, religion, sports, basically any hive mind activity that is easy to follow due to societies constraints. The truly brilliant people I have met are into physics, history, sociology, psychology, and other various sciences. I could be wrong (obviously) but I think all people have the capacity to be intelligent, just not the drive or in most cases resources.

tldr IQ tests are bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Intelligence is a tricky thing to evaluate. Problem solving and analytics is within anyone's capacity should they seek that knowledge. In my opinion intelligence should be measured by a persons inquisitiveness and what they choose to fill their brains with. Most morons I come across in my life are usually into mind numbing crap like reality shows, horoscopes, religion, sports, basically any hive mind activity that is easy to follow due to societies constraints. The truly brilliant people I have met are into physics, history, sociology, psychology, and other various sciences. I could be wrong (obviously) but I think all people have the capacity to be intelligent, just not the drive or in most cases resources.

tldr IQ tests are bullshit.
    So you view intelligence as what one chooses to fill his head with or spend his time doing?

what if the one that likes "dumb things" is a much better problem solver, catches on quicker, is a faster learner, plans things out better, etc?

코비=GOAT

The most important type of intelligence in my opinion is the ability to analyze your method of approaching a problem and be able to adapt your methodology and then apply prior knowledge. I don't have this and very few people actually do. College students may know the honed pedagogically efficient methods taught in textbooks, but lack the insight and intuition of inventors like newton and einstein who were stumbling in the dark.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    The most important type of intelligence in my opinion is the ability to analyze your method of approaching a problem and be able to adapt your methodology and then apply prior knowledge. I don't have this and very few people actually do. College students may know the honed pedagogically efficient methods taught in textbooks, but lack the insight and intuition of inventors like newton and einstein who were stumbling in the dark.
    the other thing people tend to forget about those guys is the amount of time they spent working. we have this image that they sat down one night and banged out their respective theories. they wouldn't sleep or eat for large periods of time because they were engrossed in their work. it is motivation and dedication that got them to where they were too.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Kblaze is dumb as fk. He just knows a lot of basketball and makes low quality mixes.
    How can you say KBlaze knows a lot about basketball then call him dumb? What else has he ever talked about on ISH?

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    How can you say KBlaze knows a lot about basketball then call him dumb? What else has he ever talked about on ISH?
    Buying and selling decrepit old houses in South Carolina to poor black people for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I was hoping others here would take this...

again, this is a sample of what the NFL uses to calculate intelligence...the wonderlic...the highest you can score is 50

problem solving uses brain power, much more than having well contructed posts in here IMO...I don't like the idea that intelligence can be calculated by posts on an NBA message board.

I don't believe that you scored a 40 on the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
    I don't believe that you scored a 40 on the first time.
    It was my second, first try 36...I'm sure if I tried long enough I could get a 50.

It was not the first time I have taken that though, I was shown that a couple years ago on an NFL site in a thread talking about the wonderlic...don't remember what I scored then.

The real wonderlic is 10 minutes long and I believe they take it three times and take the best score of the 3.

It isn't perfect obviously but it does show something that isn't displayed in writing in here...problem solving doesn't care about how ignorant or stubborn or unfriendly you are...it doesn't care if your vocabulary is high, it is brain power in a form as raw as possible, like a chess game, its your brains ability to out think the situation.

Someone like Bobby Fisher might come in here and post like an ignorant retard (I think he is racist actually) but the reality of the situation is that he is a genius.

   

crap... i'd gone and forgotten about hazard.

Banned

Thanks for those that mentioned me.

I will rep right now.

>Earth is doomed

But it's not. Even if Humanity was to disappear, Earth would still be here. Plus Earth is doomed anyways cos the sun gonna eat it.

you guys are funny.

Attractiveness is obviously a subjective thing to measure, but so is intelligence. Measuring IQ is an effort to do this and asking people to rate someone's looks is similarly an effort to measure attractiveness.
    As for the stereotypes, first of all, I bet Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt would look a lot worse if they also suffered from ALS and were at Hawking's age and vice versa, Hawking would look a lot more attractive if he was healthy and had trained professionals deal with his appearance all the time.
    Second, being a cheerleader doesn't automatically qualify you as a bimbo (though I don't consider it the smartest choice to participate in one the riskiest athletic activities around), neither does not being a cheerleader qualify you as non-attractive - I know for a fact there are tons of attractive girls who would never want to become cheerleaders.

Honestly, the "ugly but smart" stereotype is one I never quite understood. Even judging from IQ, when you see people with very high scores, rarely do you find any who would score low in the attractiveness department. Similarly, people with very low scores usually give out a bad visual image, as well - go to asylums, mental hospitals, you aren't finding lots of attractive people. Want less extreme examples? Take hard labor jobs, manual jobs and most jobs that don't require any decent intelligence. You're not likely to find lots of people to be physically attracted to. Go to prisons, the vast majority of prisoners are physically plain ugly, and though there are some highly smart criminals (and even they are usually not the unattractive ones), the average prisoner is definitely a below average intelligence person.
    All the afore-mentioned are stereotypes as well, but they are more substantiated than the "smart & ugly" and "beautiful and dumb" ones.

Oh, and for the title of the smartest poster in the board, at least among the ones I've known a little bit, Tharegul8r is my choice - his experience helps as well, but still I've not met many people with his experience with a similar level of intelligence.

Its funny that im probably the smartest person here. but peoople won't admit it. But will in due time.

Everything hidden will always come to the light.