Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: Melo is the league's leading scorer

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I meant Melo has more skill as a scorer. Obviously LeBron has more talent, I worded that poorly. The point I'm trying to say is LeBron scores more and more efficiently, so Melo's skill doesn't help him much here.
    I know exactly what you were talking about. This whole Melo is the best scorer thing is a complete myth. Let this guy get at least 1 single scoring title or something, and then maybe he can be allowed to enter the building that the discussion is in. Until then he's banned.

This niqqa consistently scores LESS than LeBron, and it ain't for lack of trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I've always thought Carmelo's offensive skill set is kind of overrated. People always talk about him as some super skilled scorer that can make any kind of shot. When I watch Melo, I mostly see him taking pull up jumpers and chucking up 3's. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a gifted scorer, but I hear people put him on the same level as Kobe and Durant as a scorer, and I don't think he really belongs in that conversation.
    +1. He's the 4th best scorer in the league, and would be 5th if Wade was still in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I know exactly what you were talking about. This whole Melo is the best scorer thing is a complete myth. Let this guy get at least 1 single scoring title or something, and then maybe he can be allowed to enter the building that the discussion is in. Until then he's banned.
    IK I already said LBJ was a better scorer, I was just saying Melo is more polished. LeBron doesn't need to be polished anyways.

Very good NBA starter

I never denied Melo has more talent, but LeBron score MORE, which is all I care about. It's like saying Kevin McHale is a better scorer than Shaq because he has prettier post moves. All I care about is the end result, and LeBron scores more.
    Well if you think about it it's similar to the Dwight vs Bynum comparison. Who is the better offensive player between the two? Anyone who's watched both of them play will say it's Bynum despite the fact that Bynum has never averaged Dwight's career highs in ppg or probably never had as many 40 point games as Dwight. So you have to take things into context and just not look at stats because you're bias towards a certain player.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Well if you think about it it's similar to the Dwight vs Bynum comparison. Who is the better offensive player between the two? Anyone who's watched both of them play will say it's Bynum despite the fact that Bynum has never averaged Dwight's career highs in ppg or probably never had as many 40 point games as Dwight. So you have to take things into context and just not look at stats because you're bias towards a certain player.
    Dwight is the better offensive player until Bynum proves otherwise. Bynum has never been the first option, though, so I'll wait to make that judgement. LeBron and Melo have both always been first options, so...Again, LeBron is more effective. If you need someone to score, LeBron is more likely to do so, particularly in the playoffs. So how is Melo a better scorer?

Very good NBA starter

Dwight is the better offensive player until Bynum proves otherwise. Bynum has never been the first option, though, so I'll wait to make that judgement. LeBron and Melo have both always been first options, so...Again, LeBron is more effective. If you need someone to score, LeBron is more likely to do so, particularly in the playoffs. So how is Melo a better scorer?
    okay I'll just stop this conversation right now. Wow

Bynum is not as good as Dwight offensively. He's has more post moves and better technique, but that's irrelevant. Dwight's physical advantages are greater than Bynum's technical advantages. Dwight's physical dominance gets the job done better than Bynum's superior technique.

It doesn't matter how you get the ball in the hole. All that matters is if it goes in or not. Dwight is better at consistently putting the ball in the hole. It doesn't matter if you like the way he does it.
    Last edited by NumberSix; 11-12-2012 at 01:20 AM.

okay I'll just stop this conversation right now. Wow
    Passing is part of offense, ya know. Bynum can't pass out of double teams for shit. I said I'll wait to see what Bynum can do in a full season as a first option before I definitively call Dwight better. Dwight's a very underrated scorer, but that's another story. I suppose Al Jefferson>Shaq at scoring too in your mind?

Leading scorer and best player on the best team? M-V-P, M-V-P, M-V-P!

My username will be relevant (ignore the # lol) :)

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Leading scorer and best player on the best team? M-V-P, M-V-P, M-V-P!

My username will be relevant (ignore the # lol) :)
    If he wins in 2015, your username will ALWAYS be relevant!

College star

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

This niqqa consistently scores LESS than LeBron, and it ain't for lack of trying.
    I say this shit all the time. How are you the best scorer with zero scoring titles? Can you be the best rebounder without leading the league in rebounding once?

People get so caught of in the media hype, you can always distinguish who the sheep are. Melo is a versatile scorer, arguably the most versatile in the game. But he's not the best scorer in a league where Durant puts up 25 points on 16 shots with ease.

People need to stop. And LoL @ MVP's being handed out 2 weeks into the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I say this shit all the time. How are you the best scorer with zero scoring titles? Can you be the best rebounder without leading the league in rebounding once?

People get so caught of in the media hype, you can always distinguish who the sheep are. Melo is a versatile scorer, arguably the most versatile in the game. But he's not the best scorer in a league where Durant puts up 25 points on 16 shots with ease.

People need to stop. And LoL @ MVP's being handed out 2 weeks into the season.
    If the media has been anything to go by over the last 2 years than Melo is slightly ahead of Eddy Curry in the all time rankings and about the same % BF.

If Melo ever really pushed for it, he could've had scoring titles.

For whatever argument you want to make about who is the best scorer and whatever that entails. I look at it as if I need to get a bucket for any game, for any team, for any moment....I'd pick Melo.

Because whatever you give him, he has an answer that can fully exploit it. Not only does he have the skillset to do it, he is smart enough to use that skill at the right time, and cold blooded enough to make even that bad shot if he's forced into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee

For whatever argument you want to make about who is the best scorer and whatever that entails. I look at it as if I need to get a bucket for any game, for any team, for any moment....I'd pick Melo.

Because whatever you give him, he has an answer that can fully exploit it. Not only does he have the skillset to do it, he is smart enough to use that skill at the right time, and cold blooded enough to make even that bad shot if he's forced into it.
    How come he doesn't score as much as LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, etc. in teh playoffs, then? Or is he not pushing for it in the playoffs either? If so, then that's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Kinda moot argument here because you could give any first option player a good amount of shots and he could gun for the scoring title.