Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Superstar

1. TO
    2. Chad
    3. Steve

they are also the three cockiest most trash talkin players out there. but they can back it up.

TO/MOSS are co #1's... they can't be covered by ANY one and are hands down monsters....

Moss can just go get whatever he wants and outrun everyone..

TO has the same athleticsm (maybe less top speed) but can RAC w/ the best of them (ask Champ Bailey)

A dark horse who is a victim of the worst OL in the history of the game...

Andre Johnson of Houston...dude is a young to (6'3, 220-230, with sub 4.4 speed) plus dude is RAC monster, but Carr is always either on his back, or about to be so they cant take advatage.

they are also the three cockiest most trash talkin players out there. but they can back it up.
    Oh my god....do you even watch Steve Smith play, are you for real?

He was asked where he ranks HIMSELF as a wide out in this league, he said somewhere IN THE MIDDLE, that was after he was leading the league in TD's, Yards and Catches...Smith is one of the most humble players in football!!

Name me ONE thing he did or said that would lead you to believe he's cocky...as far as Owen and Chad, well yeah...they're cocky as hell.

Good High School Starter Voice of Reason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side

He was asked where he ranks HIMSELF as a wide out in this league, he said somewhere IN THE MIDDLE, that was after he was leading the league in TD's, Yards and Catches...Smith is one of the most humble players in football!!

Name me ONE thing he did or said that would lead you to believe he's cocky...as far as Owen and Chad, well yeah...they're cocky as hell.
    He celebrates TD's and catches. I'd say that is cocky. And I be hard pressed to believe he doesnt talk trash on the field. Him and Jake have gone at it on the field so why wouldnt he go at it vs a DB? Interviews he is humble and when asked about his play, himself he is less likely to prop himself. But on the field? He is up there with TO, Moss, Chad.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Chad Johnson and Steve Smith are my picks. Can you believe they both started out their collegiate careers playing for Santa Monica City College? They must have had the best receiving corps for a community college.

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side

Steve Smith and Chad Johnson are very good friends since their SMC days and they talk to each other about their celebrations. THere was an article a year or two ago about the two former community college teammates

Local High School Star UCLAlegend32's Avatar

1. [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Freddie[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]Mitchell[/COLOR]
    2. chad johnson
    3. steve smith
    4. T.O.

SANTA MONICA!

UCLA Bruins are the softest players. How many pan out in the nfl and nba?

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Chad Johnson and Steve Smith are my picks. Can you believe they both started out their collegiate careers playing for Santa Monica City College? They must have had the best receiving corps for a community college.
    Not really

Local High School Star UCLAlegend32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    UCLA Bruins are the softest players. How many pan out in the nfl and nba?
    i dont know lets see
    troy aikman
    jonathan ogden
    deshaun foster
    jj stokes

nba
    kareem
    reggie milller
    baron davis
    earl watson
    gail goodrich
    bill walton

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]WIN[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by UCLAlegend32
    i dont know lets see
    troy aikman
    jonathan ogden
    deshaun foster
    jj stokes

nba
    kareem
    reggie milller
    baron davis
    earl watson
    gail goodrich
    bill walton

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]WIN[/COLOR]
    add Ricky Manning, Marques Anderson, Drew Bennett to the NFL list. Marcedes Lewis and Maurice Drew should be on that list soon.

Trevor Ariza, Matt Barnes, Jason Kapono, arent stars but they at least made the league. Dan Gadzuric and Darrick Martin also are in the NBA. Add Tracy Murray, Don MacLean.

So because he celebrates in the end zone or he OCCASIONALLY argues with his teammates (I only seen that once, and I watch every Carolina/Oakland game)...that makes someone cocky?

So you can't show emotion/celebration on the field and not be cocky? I don't follow man.

Cocky is someone who constantly BRAGS about his skills, and Smith never does that...I don't see other players get in his face, I see him help player get up on the field, extend his hand so to speak...I see him slap another player on the butt when he makes a nice cover play on him...Smith doesn't strike me as cocky one bit, and he's probably my favorite offensive player in the game...if you want cocky, look at Keyshawn.

When Smithy gets a first down, he does a celebration (makes the "1st down" sign)...and he does his TD celebrations, but I honestly don't see how that makes someone cocky??

Owens/Johnson aren't cocky because they pull cell phones out of their socks, it's because they talk smack and are known for that around the league...they talk about how special they are in every interview, that's cocky....celebrating TD's and first downs, while being humble in every single interview does not make someone cocky.

Even if Smith believes he's the best receiver in the game, until he comes out and expresses it like Owens/Chad do...I will never label the man cocky.

JJ Stokes didnt pan out. I *****ing asked how many panned out. Not for a list of who made. Geeze, how hard is that to do?

Steve Smith is not humble on the field. He constantly yaps. One incident? He's had plenty caught on cam. No one is saying he is a bad guy but he has his moments when he is cocky. Did you see him tear up the Bears? He was cocky as cocky can be. Watch the damn highlights. NYG game? Same deal.

All you're doing is defending the guy because you're a fan and you are taking the cocky display from him and thinkin its negative. Its not. You dont label his antics on the field cocky? I do. You assume he doesnt talk trash on the field? I do. You cant tell me he doesnt run his rap. All WR's have, even Jerry Rice the golden boy.

Saw a basketball once JacobTheButcher's Avatar

You can interpret it as cockiness if you want. But some people may see it as just unflappable confidence. All good WR's are cocky/selfish in some way. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, you should have to be selfish in order to be a good receiver in the NFL. You gotta WANT the ball. If you don't, the DB will beat you for it everytime. You don't think Marvin Harrison has ever been pissed at Peyton Manning for not gettin him the ball? All WR's want the ball. Some guys just express themselves differently..

As for trash talking.. Chad Johnson and Steve Smith do it in a friendly, competitive way. Nobody ever takes Chad Johnson seriously. People get a kick out of the shyt he pulls (sending Cleveland DB's Peptol Bismol because they were gonna get "sick" of covering him, c'mon.. who takes that as a serious jab?). TO, on the other hand, just seems to rub people the wrong way. You'll see Chad at the Pro-Bowl kickin it with the other guys, and TO would usually be the guy sitting by himself.
    Last edited by JacobTheButcher; 08-11-2006 at 10:19 PM.