Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Dwight Howard cant ever be considered better than Kobe, Rose or Lebron.

This guy isnt a real leader. All he is is a definite piece to a championship team...and every championship team needs a real leader like kobe rose lebron ect. The way he puts his teammates on blast...and how they dont even give a fuc about winning shows his leadership skills. Which is why he should never be considered greater then these guys.

Default Re: Dwight Howard cant ever be considered better than Kobe, Rose or Lebron.

I'd take Dwight over Kobe.

Kobe is old.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Dwight Howard cant ever be considered better than Kobe, Rose or Lebron.

Personally think if u pair him with another superstar, u have championship team. Howard - wade or howard - kobe or howard - lebron ( scary as hell) gets a ring I think.

He needs another class A star besides him.

He's not a great leader but come on, he's carried a team to the finals and has had to put up with shit supporting casts his whole career. It's not like Derrick Rose is some great leader either, I mean hell the guy can barely talk.

Honestly I'm kind of sick of hearing about how Dwight is quitting on the Magic. The guy had 28/16 last night, and no one else on the team had over 10 points. What part of that says that Dwight is quitting on the team? If anything it seems like they're quitting on him.

Who is the second best player on that team? Ryan Anderson? Dwight's never even had an all-star caliber player playing alongside him, how can you expect him to rack up the championships?

I'd take Dwight over everyone in the NBA not named LeBron James.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    He's not a great leader but come on, he's carried a team to the finals and has had to put up with shit supporting casts his whole career. It's not like Derrick Rose is some great leader either, I mean hell the guy can barely talk.

Honestly I'm kind of sick of hearing about how Dwight is quitting on the Magic. The guy had 28/16 last night, and no one else on the team had over 10 points. What part of that says that Dwight is quitting on the team? If anything it seems like they're quitting on him.

Who is the second best player on that team? Ryan Anderson? Dwight's never even had an all-star caliber player playing alongside him, how can you expect him to rack up the championships?
    This

Howard is overrated.

This.
    I'm always tired of people questioning Dwight's leadership. Someone needs to call this team out and he did. We need to be fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Disagree. I'd take Rose and Durant over anyone in the league and Wade as well. Simply because those guys haven't asked out from their franchises. If you are starting a team you want guys who would stay with your franchise, not whine about leaving.

Local High School Star

This
    And this.

Complete Player

Howard didn't carry shit to the Finals. He had one great series against the Cavs but the rest of the time he was just as inconsistent as the rest of his teammates. Even when Howard pulled no-shows on offense or was in constant foul trouble they were still finding way to win playoff games. Hell, I even remember the Magic closing the series against Philly without him.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Disagree. I'd take Rose and Durant over anyone in the league and Wade as well. Simply because those guys haven't asked out from their franchises. If you are starting a team you want guys who would stay with your franchise, not whine about leaving.
    Loyalty does have a value. But you're ignoring circumstances, the first two are still only on their second contracts (where you essentially have to stick with your team or pass up a lot of money). And lets not act like Wade wasn't majorly flirting with Chicago, he's there because thats where the big 3 was most convenient, that's all.

And to be fair it's not like Bron and D12 didn't give their teams a chance to build them a contender, it's not like they didn't drag scrubs to the finals.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

excuses...his team is not bad....Ryan anderson is havin a very good year....He's too inconsistent and is not a good leader. He's flat out overrated.

Banned

Howard was arguably the best player in the league last season but this season he isn't better than any of the there players the OP listed and Durant as well.

7-time NBA All-Star

at the OP putting Rose on a different level than Dwight. What has Rose done to separate himself? He's led his team to the conference finals once, Dwight has done that twice and gotten farther than Rose has.

Nevermind the fact that Dwight is a flat out better player than Rose.

Dwight and Kobe are close. I'd still take Dwight, though, and I'd definitely take Howard over Kobe last season. But in case everyone's forgotten, the Lakers have a similar record to Orlando, and lost to them. Prime Kobe was obviously better than Dwight, though.

Agreed. Lebron is still the best in the league, imo, and by a wider margin this season than last, but Dwight is second.

I think Wade has been overlooked too much, though. He looked great again last night, he was just banged up for a while, but definitely not washed up. He's still right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    excuses...his team is not bad....Ryan anderson is havin a very good year....He's too inconsistent and is not a good leader. He's flat out overrated.
    Anderson, as well as his other 2 teammates(Turk and Redick) who have good seasons so far have benefited greatly from Dwight's presence.

Anderson is consistently left wide open on 3s. Both Anderson and Turkoglu benefit greatly from how much attention Howard draws on screen/rolls. That allows Turk to get to the rim and finish a lot easier.

He's also getting doubled quite a bit in the post and he's looked better passing all season, that has also helped those 2 players as well as Redick. I've actually seen some decent chemistry between Dwight and Redick, with some hand offs, a few give and goes ect.

Those are the only 3 Magic players aside from Dwight who have played well and big part of their success is because of Dwight and the system. Do people expect Dwight to contend in that situation? No other star could, except maybe Lebron.

Howard has also been keeping the ball in play more frequently when he blocks shots, I've seen that lead to some transition baskets. So while he's in a bad free throw slump and his offensive game hasn't been as sharp as last season, he has made some improvements. I don't expect him to finish the season at 48% from the line considering he's been consistently mediocre at either 59 or 60% every season from his second year on. He'll finish below that this season, but 48% for the whole year? Don't see it.