Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Default Re: Just suffered a Shoulder Subluxation

Meeting with my surgeon in a few weeks to set up the official surgery... First surgery for me, kinda scared it won't go well...
    I ended up having a Bankart Tear...

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
    Meeting with my surgeon in a few weeks to set up the official surgery... First surgery for me, kinda scared it won't go well...
    I ended up having a Bankart Tear...
    what hospital? I had surgery recently and was scared as fcuk the week before. But you're in Toronto so there is nothing you should worry about too much, when it comes to serious stuff the doctors are amazing here you shouldnt worry.
    Last edited by Burgz V2; 01-30-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    what hospital? I had surgery recently and was scared as fcuk the week before. But you're in Toronto so there is nothing you should worry about too much, when it comes to serious stuff the doctors are amazing here you shouldnt worry.
    Surgery for what? Shoulder?? I feel you man, I'm getting more scared thinking about it. I just don't want anything to go wrong, I've had friends that got surgery and it didn't go well.

Credit Valley in Mississauga... I don't like the surgeon I got referred to though, I checked his reviews online and doesn't seem good. Trying to find a better/new surgeon but I really don't know who is good for shoulders... Any idea??

Surgery for what? Shoulder?? I feel you man, I'm getting more scared thinking about it. I just don't want anything to go wrong, I've had friends that got surgery and it didn't go well.

Credit Valley in Mississauga... I don't like the surgeon I got referred to though, I checked his reviews online and doesn't seem good. Trying to find a better/new surgeon but I really don't know who is good for shoulders... Any idea??
    no i had an "orbital floor fracture", way more serious than a regular orbital fracture. I was scared as hell because there is a chance that people go blind or there vision becomes severely impaired if not done correctly. My doctor had fairly good reviews though so I guess you're in a different situation.

The only thing I can tell you is do your research. Try some clinics and see what they say in terms of who's a good doctor to go to. If you are not comfortable with him you don't HAVE to. Mine I didn't really have a choice because surgery HAS to take place EXACTLY between 10-14 days after the injury so I lucked out getting a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    no i had an "orbital floor fracture", way more serious than a regular orbital fracture. I was scared as hell because there is a chance that people go blind or there vision becomes severely impaired if not done correctly. My doctor had fairly good reviews though so I guess you're in a different situation.

The only thing I can tell you is do your research. Try some clinics and see what they say in terms of who's a good doctor to go to. If you are not comfortable with him you don't HAVE to. Mine I didn't really have a choice because surgery HAS to take place EXACTLY between 10-14 days after the injury so I lucked out getting a good one.
    Well everything turned out well for you I'm guessing?

I'm definitely looking around, got a few names that were referred to me today and one of them looks real good in terms of reviews.

But you are right man, can't take a chance on a bad doctor.

Update... dislocated my shoulder for the 3rd time on August 17, 2013... Getting surgery finally by end of January... Also have knee problems so I'm going to get that shit sorted out when I get back home...

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

Update... dislocated my shoulder for the 3rd time on August 17, 2013... Getting surgery finally by end of January... Also have knee problems so I'm going to get that shit sorted out when I get back home...
    All the best, mate. Had very similar problems with my right shoulder. So unstable to the point where every time I would raise my arm above shoulder height, it would sublux. Ended up getting a full shoulder reconstruction and torn labrum repair.

Stick to the rehab hard and you'll be good to go in 6-8 months.

NBA Superstar

Good luck, sir. How long for recovery?

Saw a basketball once

Get in the weight room. Do some rotator cuff exercises. Strengthen your shoulder as well as build some strength in yourself. I thought I was physically perfect till I felt the joint and ligament pain of muscle imbalances from being a carpenter for the past 5 years.

Edit: Didn't even notice a second page to this. Good luck to you with surgery and healing, as well as getting back to hoopin'
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 01-19-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    All the best, mate. Had very similar problems with my right shoulder. So unstable to the point where every time I would raise my arm above shoulder height, it would sublux. Ended up getting a full shoulder reconstruction and torn labrum repair.

Stick to the rehab hard and you'll be good to go in 6-8 months.

Thanks man, I'm dedicated to come back strong and make a full recovery. Do you feel 100% now that it's all over? Are you limited in any way?

I lift weights and play basketball I really don't want to lose either... Since I first dislocated my shoulder I haven't been able to do any pull ups, dips, etc I was hoping to get that back in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Good luck, sir. How long for recovery?
    Thanks buddy, some say 9-12 months others say 6-8 months... My surgeon said 6-8 months so I am hoping for that or even less.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep
    Get in the weight room. Do some rotator cuff exercises. Strengthen your shoulder as well as build some strength in yourself. I thought I was physically perfect till I felt the joint and ligament pain of muscle imbalances from being a carpenter for the past 5 years.

Edit: Didn't even notice a second page to this. Good luck to you with surgery and healing, as well as getting back to hoopin'
    Thanks man, hope to be on the court in time for next season.

Get well soon Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Get well soon Buddy.
    Thanks man... Tomorrow morning is the day...

A month later... Surgery went well, was on a sling for 4 weeks and just started physio today. They say my ROM looks good and I didn't lose too much muscle but it is still a long road to recovery. Can barely use the arm and the pain is still there... I hope to be back on the court by August, but I won't rush it.