Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    That's a distrubing picture. I'm all for trading Amare to Orlando now

I'm not hyped about getting Sporano but Brian Schottenheimer is no onger with the Jets!!!!!!!!

BTW I wanna give Knickscity a round of applause You've been an awesome mod and you showed your skill once again by closing that Knicks fans unite thread

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    BTW I wanna give Knickscity a round of applause You've been an awesome mod and you showed your skill once again by closing that Knicks fans unite thread
    U mad cause no one gave you rep ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    U mad cause no one gave you rep ?
    No...I actually have real friends....with real faces and heartbeats lol

Seriously though, I was just getting tired of thinking there was a new comment on a thread only to find out it was someone soliciting for rep like a homeless person.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Thanks fam.

You'd be surprised at.what I see on here. It had to go.

No...I actually have real friends....with real faces and heartbeats lol

Seriously though, I was just getting tired of thinking there was a new comment on a thread only to find out it was someone soliciting for rep like a homeless person.
    Real friends are the ones who'll register and spend some time here just to give you some rep

For how much could you buy or rent a flat in New York ?

Average and minimum prices please

For how much could you buy or rent a flat in New York ?

Average and minimum prices please
    NY is such a broad location. Are you trying to stay in Manhattan? If so, chances are, it's going to be an arm, leg and dick

NY is such a broad location. Are you trying to stay in Manhattan? If so, chances are, it's going to be an arm, leg and dick
    I'm not visiting New York (even though I surely will someday).

I'm just asking out of curiosity. For example if I decided to live in New York and I want to buy or rent a flat how much would I need to pay ?
    Manhattan,Bronx,Queens...I don't care. Just give me the lowest or at least the average amount.

Also,which borough of New York is the prettiest ?

What does " it's going to be an arm, leg and dick" mean ? Please explain

I'm not visiting New York (even though I surely will someday).

I'm just asking out of curiosity. For example if I decided to live in New York and I want to buy or rent a flat how much would I need to pay ?
    Manhattan,Bronx,Queens...I don't care. Just give me the lowest or at least the average amount.

Also,which borough of New York is the prettiest ?

The borough that is the prettiest is always going to be the borough that the person you are asking is from. I'm a Queens guy and I personally love Queens because you get the best of both worlds. The city life plus a little bit of the suburbs. Manhattan is beautiful for tourist and sightseers. The Bronx is beautiful if you're into spanish girls. Staten Island is beautiful is you're into girls that belong on Jersey Shore. Brooklyn is beautiful is you have a gun lol

The cheapest you'll find a decent place for rent is probably 1300 for a 1 bedroom. It won't be very big and it probably won't be in Manhattan. My friend had a place in Queens for that price and it was nice but it was tiny.
    Queens is the largest borough and often has the most space when it comes to homes and apartments. I like it because,while it doesn't have as many attractions as Manhattan, it does have cool places like CitiField, the US Open, both airports, etc to go to without feeling like your life is moving 100 miles an hour.

Brooklyn is becoming increasingy expensive. Theyre in the process of gentrificating the "bad areas" and selling them as new names. That's the new cool thing to do. Theyre doing it in DC. Fix up some houses and slap a Yes Organic or Whole Foods, change the name of the neighborhood, and jack up prices. My wife's grandmother owns a brownstone in BK, in Crown Heights, n she charges around 2 grand plus utilities per month for her tenants. Brooklyn is best known for it's people. It's too crowded for me but if you're a people person, you'll love it...provided you move to the right neighborhood.

I don't know much about the Bronx except its mostly black and spanish people. All my friends from the Bronx live in the PJs so I couldn't tell you ho much rent is out there lol

Staten Island is like the bastard child of the boroughs. There are some really nice parts of Staten Island but for the most part, nobody moves there lol Especially since the tolls, like for the Verrazano Bridge, went up even higher. It's like 15 bucks or so. You might as well move to Jersey and commute.

Manhattan is where all the bright lights and stuff is. It has all the fancy restaurants and VIP clubs. If you're into that kinda stuff, theres no better place to go. Beware though...it's going to cost you. It's really expensive and sqaure footage is almost non-existent. Look to pay upwards of $2000 for a studio.

There's a saying "it'll cost you an arm and a leg". Meaning it will be very costly. However, parts of Manhattan are the epitome of expensive so I said
    "it's going to be an arm, leg and dick". Just a play on an old saying.

The borough that is the prettiest is always going to be the borough that the person you are asking is from. I'm a Queens guy and I personally love Queens because you get the best of both worlds. The city life plus a little bit of the suburbs. Manhattan is beautiful for tourist and sightseers. The Bronx is beautiful if you're into spanish girls. Staten Island is beautiful is you're into girls that belong on Jersey Shore. Brooklyn is beautiful is you have a gun lol

The cheapest you'll find a decent place for rent is probably 1300 for a 1 bedroom. It won't be very big and it probably won't be in Manhattan. My friend had a place in Queens for that price and it was nice but it was tiny.
    Queens is the largest borough and often has the most space when it comes to homes and apartments. I like it because,while it doesn't have as many attractions as Manhattan, it does have cool places like CitiField, the US Open, both airports, etc to go to without feeling like your life is moving 100 miles an hour.

Brooklyn is becoming increasingy expensive. Theyre in the process of gentrificating the "bad areas" and selling them as new names. That's the new cool thing to do. Theyre doing it in DC. Fix up some houses and slap a Yes Organic or Whole Foods, change the name of the neighborhood, and jack up prices. My wife's grandmother owns a brownstone in BK, in Crown Heights, n she charges around 2 grand plus utilities per month for her tenants. Brooklyn is best known for it's people. It's too crowded for me but if you're a people person, you'll love it...provided you move to the right neighborhood.

I don't know much about the Bronx except its mostly black and spanish people. All my friends from the Bronx live in the PJs so I couldn't tell you ho much rent is out there lol

Staten Island is like the bastard child of the boroughs. There are some really nice parts of Staten Island but for the most part, nobody moves there lol Especially since the tolls, like for the Verrazano Bridge, went up even higher. It's like 15 bucks or so. You might as well move to Jersey and commute.

Manhattan is where all the bright lights and stuff is. It has all the fancy restaurants and VIP clubs. If you're into that kinda stuff, theres no better place to go. Beware though...it's going to cost you. It's really expensive and sqaure footage is almost non-existent. Look to pay upwards of $2000 for a studio.
    Thanks for you analysis,I appreciate it.

I knew it was expensive but $1300 a month for the cheapest place to rent

I thought there were some holes (not a very pretty place to live but cheap) for like $500 or so a month.

How do people even pay for that shit,$1300 is more than an average salary in my country

It's my dream to visit New York someday and I'll surely do it,maybe even very soon.It's not too expensive to visit the city for 10 days or something like that.
    On the other hand living in NY is obviously very expensive so without a great job there's no way I could somehow move to NY and live there,right ?

There's a saying "it'll cost you an arm and a leg". Meaning it will be very costly. However, parts of Manhattan are the epitome of expensive so I said
    "it's going to be an arm, leg and dick". Just a play on an old saying.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    I think I speak English very well for a foreign guy but it's always nice to pick up some expressions.

From words I have learned on this forum douchebag is my favorite
    Last edited by Clutch; 01-31-2012 at 02:54 PM.