Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You would easily have the best team in the league if Deng is actually your 4th best player.
    Isn't that what a championship team is though, the best team in the league?

For instance Shawn Marion is a comparable player, in his prime better than Deng and he was what? The 2011 Mavericks 4th, maybe even 5th best player? He's even a better defender than Deng.

They get easy points on slashing, and can hit wide open jumpers. It's not a big deal. So what makes Deng so damn special? If anything, he's overrated.

Lamar Odom is better than Deng and he came off the bench for the 2008 - 2010 championship Laker teams That's exactly our collective point. He isn't even a legit perennial all star caliber player. He's an overpaid role player. A open jump shooting, slashing role player.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

it's all about aesthetics, O.P.

no, not a black thing. his style of play. not sexy. He is the Michael Young of basketball players... very solid but just kind of... meh

he completely has my respect as a baller though

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Isn't that what a championship team is though, the best team in the league?

For instance Shawn Marion is a comparable player, in his prime better than Deng and he was what? The 2011 Mavericks 4th, maybe even 5th best player? He's even a better defender than Deng.

They get easy points on slashing, and can hit wide open jumpers. It's not a big deal. So what makes Deng so damn special? If anything, he's overrated.

Lamar Odom is better than Deng and he came off the bench for the 2008 - 2010 championship Laker teams That's exactly our collective point. He isn't even a legit perennial all star caliber player. He's an overpaid role player. A open jump shooting, slashing role player.
    I'd take prime Marion over Deng for sure, unfortunately, Marion was years past his prime by 11.

I don't see how a guy that can get you 17/7/3 every game while not needing the ball to be effective and can guard at an elite level is over-rated...and can do it without getting tired for 42 minutes a game. For example, Deng is simply a more valuable basketball player, quite easily, than Jason Terry.

Didn't see the Odom stuff. For starters, Odom was the 3rd best player on those Lakers title teams behind Kobe and Gasol. And I'm not sure he's any better than Deng actually. I'd probably take 09 and 10 Odom over Deng, but it's very very close. The point is simple...Deng isn't the 4th best player on a title team. He's the 3rd best player if you have a traditionally built team like the 09 and 10 Lakers with a star, an all nba player, and an Odom type role player.

And no, a championship team is not a team that is easily the best in the league. The 10 Lakers, 11 Mavs, 13 Heat....none of them were easily the best teams in the league. Just to give examples of 3 of the last 4 champions. If they had Deng as their 4th best player? Yea...they'd easily have been the best teams in the league though.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-18-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Local High School Star

Maybe if he didn't make the All Star game twice even though he didn't deserve it either time, people would hate less.

You would easily have the best team in the league if Deng is actually your 4th best player.
    Rose
    Noah
    Butler
    Deng

and no, they dont have the best team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Rose
    Noah
    Butler
    Deng

and no, they dont have the best team in the league.
    They would if Rose was a legit star. You put a true elite player on a team like that and they are healthy...and they are the best team. That is a knock on Rose...not Deng.

Also not sure Boozer and Noah are better than Deng. I think that is certainly debatable...Oh, saw you list Butler. Yea...he's not better than Deng.

Also, Deng has easily been better than Rose this season so far.

But that really isn't the point. The Bulls aren't a good team to exemplify this because it's not clear cut at all. Deng vs Boozer vs Noah is debatable. That is why I said if Deng is clearly your 4th best player...you have the best team in the league.

Because then it would be something like;

Healthy/Normal Rose
    Marc Gasol
    Griffin
    Deng

But even with a team like that...I'm sure Rose fans would find a way to claim they all are over-rated...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-18-2013 at 08:19 PM.

They would if Rose was a legit star. You put a true elite player on a team like that and they are healthy...and they are the best team. That is a knock on Rose...not Deng.
    So ...

Hinrich
    Kobe
    Butler
    Deng
    Noah

Best team in the league?

Also not sure Boozer and Noah are better than Deng. I think that is certainly debatable...Oh, saw you list Butler. Yea...he's not better than Deng.
    Butler is a much better perimeter defender. Deng always get abused by superstars ( Lebron, Durant, Melo...) and he always disappears during big games. On the other hand, Butler defend much better those superstars. He makes it hard for them to score.

So ...

Hinrich
    Kobe
    Butler
    Deng
    Noah

Best team in the league?
    Prime Kobe? Hell yes.

Are you kidding me? That team would be ****ing amazing. Literally the perfect team for Kobe. He has the ultimate green light and the best defense/rebounding in the league around him. And they are ****ing huge.

Prime Kobe is winning a title with that group, quite easily, actually...only team with a prayer of stopping them would be the Heat if Wade started playing like it was 2010 again.

Kobe is being absurdly under-rated if you guys don't think he's dominating the league with that team right now.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-18-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Banned

Mr. Average at Everything.

Butler is a much better perimeter defender. Deng always get abused by superstars ( Lebron, Durant, Melo...) and he always disappears during big games. On the other hand, Butler defend much better those superstars. He makes it hard for them to score.
    Yea...I get it. You are just wrong though. Butler isn't better than Deng currently.

But that doesn't even matter. Rose has clearly been worse than Deng so far this season so your assertion fails.

Hey, someone who actually knows what they're talking about. Butler has already reached Deng's ceiling. Butler's natural position is SF too, we need to ship Deng's overrated ass out. He's already a better defender, a comparable offensive talent to Deng too.

DMAVS41 has one sole purpose in overrating a known role player, a one time LUCKY all star game selection type player. His agenda is exposed here:

They would if Rose was a legit star.
    Apparently D-Rose isn't a legit star.

Hey, someone who actually knows what they're talking about. Butler has already reached Deng's ceiling. Butler's natural position is SF too, we need to ship Deng's overrated ass out. He's already a better defender, a comparable offensive talent to Deng too.

DMAVS41 has one sole purpose in overrating a known role player, a one time LUCKY all star game selection type player. His agenda is exposed here:

Apparently D-Rose isn't a legit star.

You think Rose is a legit star so far this year? Really? Apparently shooting 35% and playing like ass makes you a legit star.

Hilarious. I have an agenda because I don't think Rose is a legit star so far this year?

Wake the **** up Rose/Bulls fans! Rose has been awful to date.

And when that changes and he gets back to playing better...the Bulls are going to dominate teams like they used to.

****ing ISH...where averaging 15/4/3 and shooting sub 35% from the field and sub 45% TS...makes you a legit star...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-18-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Yea...I get it. You are just wrong though. Butler isn't better than Deng currently.

But that doesn't even matter. Rose has clearly been worse than Deng so far this season so your assertion fails.
    Rose will get back in form and still they wont CLEARLY have the best team in the league. As far as Noah is concerned, he is clearly better than Deng. Against good defensive team he actually impacts the game offensively. On the other hand, Deng often disappears. And on the defensive end, Deng always get the assignment of defending the superstars and most of the time, he doesnt do well against them.

And what makes Deng better than Butler?

You think Rose is a legit star so far this year?
    No. Not at all. I've voiced my displeasure. Had Bulls fans saying I was fickle because I voiced my displeasure with the way he's been performing. You're the clown who said Steve Francis and Gilbert Arenas were better than 2011 Derrick Rose. So I'm fairly positive you never have viewed him as a star, and you're just bitter beer face that he won the 2011 MVP fairly.