Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: Things you learned from experience during a game

Your eyes and head are the two most important factors in determining the success of a crossover.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Sorry for the long response time, didn't see that the thread had been bumped when you posted, good thing that ad spammer bumped this

Anyway in regards to the eurostep, i'm pretty sure it was once awkward to finish off a left foot jump with my left hand but with all things related to finishing with my left i just worked on it to the point that now it feels normal.

I think even from the right wing when i finish at the front of the rim i'd use my left hand simply because using your right when facing left and in front of the ring would require a finger roll or something whereas i'm very comfortable with my left hook. I think that stems from how i learnt to use my left hand though, when i was younger i was happy to sit outside and practice my shimmy to right hook and when i decided that finishing with my left would be a good idea i just started doing the shimmy to left hook from right under the basket until i had a better feel for the ball and then moved out with time.

I guess it's hard to sum up how i move on the court when it varies from situation to situation but as i said my left foot left hand finish is completely comfortable for me so if i do find my self on the left side or running right to left i'll just do what is comfortable which is usually the hand relative to where i am.

The whole Left foot Right foot eurostep is certainly something i'll have to improve on to make my game more complete because i do find that having to take a right step first against an opponent in the paint when i want to finish right makes me much easier to guard whereas if i could fake them out with the left foot and go right i would be much harder to guard. So maybe if i remember next time i'm shooting around i'll put some time into it..

So in summary, yes it is trustworthy for me and it's something i'll go to in that situation but it does take a little bit of time to get used to.
    I should take a closer look, do you think NBA players Euro beginning with either foot? Or do they typically always Euro starting with the same foot?

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmnBkzTIwts

This video shows a few of Dwyane Wade's eurostep's and when he talks about he it says that he goes right and then left, everything i've seen in the first minute or so is right to left and either hand finish.

The way he gets his eurosteps are very similar to myself, coming from the top with the big man alone in the middle.

Edit: every single time it shows him do it he goes Right then Left
    Last edited by AJ2k8; 05-14-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Saw a basketball once

i realize that their is more room for improvement. and i can use my left hand/weak hand in shooting a layup, i just need to practice it more and do lefth and /weak hand drills. it motivate me more and more to practice, practice, practice

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Wel it's been a long time since updating. It was true that I couldn't practice like 5 hours a day during school year(so much tests. it's about to get ALOT harder sophomore year. once I transform myself once again this summer, I'll be looking forward to finishing the school year and transforming myself again. What I mean by transformation is that in 8th grade, I could barely dribble with my left hand and could barely layup. I also couldn't do figure 8/bounce with two balls/let alone do a spider. Now I'm confident with my left hand. I'm working on doing bullet passes with it though.)

I've been training this summer. I'm going to have these next 3 weeks basically off. I develeoped my shot pretty well. It's just that I need about 50-100 before I'm automatic.

My game is basically floaters/pull up jumpers/slashing right now. I want to be able to shoot deep 3's so I'm working on my range. I also want to be very crafty under the rim so I'm working on that too.

I can touch a 9'11 rim now. I have a feeling in about 2-3 I'll be able to touch a 10'0 rim(30 inch vertical right now). I got 5 and a half inches over the course of 4 months(3 month program but some stuff happened).

I'm still working. I didn't update because I was just too busy. I hope this inspires other people like when a other thread inspired me but that person stopped posting.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyflay
    Wel it's been a long time since updating. It was true that I couldn't practice like 5 hours a day during school year(so much tests. it's about to get ALOT harder sophomore year. once I transform myself once again this summer, I'll be looking forward to finishing the school year and transforming myself again. What I mean by transformation is that in 8th grade, I could barely dribble with my left hand and could barely layup. I also couldn't do figure 8/bounce with two balls/let alone do a spider. Now I'm confident with my left hand. I'm working on doing bullet passes with it though.)
    this may sound stupid bu what is a bullet pass?

Saw a basketball once

bullet passes are just throwing a really hard rocket propelled pass. so it gets from point A to point B in the blink of an eye

Quote Originally Posted by theydidntnameme
    bullet passes are just throwing a really hard rocket propelled pass. so it gets from point A to point B in the blink of an eye
    And hurt if they hit you square in the face

this is probably super basic

but if u are worried about a guy who is quick as fvck but weak shot, just make a low wide stance with one arm stretched to his strong side dribble, dont shift body too much and over commit to either side

practice using jab steps, if the guy doesnt flinch and there's space, pop that shit

learn how to do that spin move but look for the assist, if nothing happens and the defender is right on u, put the ball low and throw it off the back of his leg back to yourself and try drawing an and1 or look for assist, works only once in a while, if he fell for it, he'll give u space and u got a short distance shot, if u get good at this quick, learn to do a floater at the end of the spin
    - you're playing against trees, i find it works well against them

dribble between the legs, then dribble behind + all the variations on these fake dribbling moves, when playing pick up, practice these and find some good shots off these

a mid range fadeaway is an underrated shot when your body is in control

if u can master the jordan quick two dribble pull up, u are god of shooting guards

try a fake pick then roll

use a lot of shot fakes (before your dribble), either defender jumps and u blow by or he's too tight with hands straight up, roll the ball off his ass and proceed to dunk

if the defender only plays tight when you are dribbling low, then dribble upright till u are in your sweet spot, pop that shit

LET IT RAIN!!!
    Last edited by Stuckey; 08-07-2011 at 08:25 AM.

^hah awesome.

Well, it seems that bball training is starting to alienate me. I only talk to a few people now because of most of the bball players are eh.. and my "friends" who I played pick up with last year don't give a shit about bball and are now becoming what the bball players are that made them disgusted of last years players and quit, players that don't give a shit about basketball lol.

I'm getting frustuated due to my hard practice but not catching up to the bball players yet(they practiced 6 more months than me before) so I'm practicing consistently 6 days a week and weight lifting like crazy.

I know I'll be successful as long as I'm on this path!

4-5-6 DICK EM

everytime i "eurostep" people call it traveling so i took that out my game. and incorporated the allen iverson back up dribble move. It helps so much against pesky defenders..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDLnZ...8FCD0DAE21E62E

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    everytime i "eurostep" people call it traveling so i took that out my game. and incorporated the allen iverson back up dribble move. It helps so much against pesky defenders..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDLnZ...8FCD0DAE21E62E
    The Euro is now being accepted by most people throughout basketball culture. I know nothing about your game, but I think it'd be worth double checking with a reliable friend/coach/official to see whether you're Euro-stepping in a correct fashion. Sometimes what we feel we're doing is different from what we're actually pulling off. In my experience, I've been able to Euro without repercussion and my younger, high school-aged brother also utilizes the move. I've seen him whistled for a Euro-walk once in recent memory.

I'd encourage you to maintain your Ivo-step back while re-implementing your Euro-step. I