Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Assassins Creed Revelations!

I downloaded it on my PC and the controls are really weird. Feel like I'm playing a fighter game hitting all these weird combos.

Probably one of the games I'd enjoy more on console. Regardless, I'm cheap, so I'll only be playing it on PC :)

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Just picked up a combo-pack of AC, AC2 and AC:B for only $29.99. I figured it's time I finally get into this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Just picked up a combo-pack of AC, AC2 and AC:B for only $29.99. I figured it's time I finally get into this series.
    Wow thats a great deal. Everyone tells me AC is boring as hell. I never played it but want too just for achievement hunting purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wow thats a great deal. Everyone tells me AC is boring as hell. I never played it but want too just for achievement hunting purposes.
    Really? Everyone I know says it's awesome.

I suppose the ability to kill like 4 or 5 guys at a time in a variety of ways, sneaking around, assassinating, and so forth is a rather enticing concept.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I've heard/read that too. That's its really repetitive. But with all the rave reviews for 2 and Brotherhood, I figure I can make time for AC just to get the full story of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Really? Everyone I know says it's awesome.

I suppose the ability to kill like 4 or 5 guys at a time in a variety of ways, sneaking around, assassinating, and so forth is a rather enticing concept.
    I mean the first AC of the series. Just the way you kill someone in AC differs in AC 2.

I played AC 2, AC B (both were awesome) and will get AC Rev later. First one I missed out on because everyone told me

Oh alright. I haven't actually heard much about the first myself.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

the first one, i didnt even complete, it was repetive as hell but 2 and ACB were great, there are some repetive parts, but sort of keeps it realistic if you know what i mean. just got revelations, played about an hour, going great so far

its really brought back the stealth games, like splinter cell and MGS, they seemed to give up on stealth wheras i love being cheeky bastard and stabbing people and hiding lol

GOBB & Qwy - Buying the original AC may seem like a plausible decision to complete your collection of the series but I'll gauarn-damn-tee you that you'll never complete it lol.

It really and truly is one of the most redundantly repetitive games I've ever played on a modern console. While playing the first installment you realize how much potential the game has but are left disappointed because of it's lack of capitalization. Then AC2 hits the market and the series really starts to take off...

The good thing is that you can probably find a copy for a measly 10 bucks or less..... But like it said above, you're never finishing it though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    GOBB & Qwy - Buying the original AC may seem like a plausible decision to complete your collection of the series but I'll gauarn-damn-tee you that you'll never complete it lol.

It really and truly is one of the most redundantly repetitive games I've ever played on a modern console. While playing the first installment you realize how much potential the game has but are left disappointed because of it's lack of capitalization. Then AC2 hits the market and the series really starts to take off...

The good thing is that you can probably find a copy for a measly 10 bucks or less..... But like it said above, you're never finishing it though lol

i got a copy of original AC included with revelations, win win situation?

the assassins out to get ezio in the game are a cool extra, i crap myself everytime lol

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    the assassins out to get ezio in the game are a cool extra, i crap myself everytime lol
    Haha that music creeps me out!

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    i got a copy of original AC included with revelations, win win situation?
    I had an unusually slow weekend so I played this. Ah the memories. Despite it's repetitiveness it had the best storyline of all the games that followed, and knowing all I know about the AC world, I still enjoyed having that story unfold in front of me. ACII definitely had the best combination of story telling and gameplay though IMO.

I'm up to the last assassination, and from what I remember, that whole sequence was incredibly tough. Probably the toughest thing to do in the entire AC series.

NBA Superstar

I see some of you guys talking about the original Assassins' Creed's repetitive and possibly boring nature. On a whim, I borrowed this game (and the second one) from my brothers. I've very early in the first one and the boredom is definitely my hang up so far. It feels like I'm watching a movie more than I'm playing a game. Does that change as the game progresses forward? And did anyone else have doubts about this franchise early on in the first game? I can't tell if I should just stop playing because perhaps these types of games just aren't my style or if I should hang in there and get reeled in to the storyline.

The first is repetitive but the story is great after like the first three assassinations with a major cliffhanger at the end. The second one starts off kinda slow as they build up Ezio's character, but then really picks up and the rest of the series basically never slows down.

Each game except the last one has an excellent ending that you never see coming and story telling is great throughout.

Gameplay wise the original is the lowest point of the franchise. When I first played it I definitely rolled my eyes at the missions a few times, but I knew that there was great effort put into it and that it was only gonna get better.

Then again, I'm kind of a history nerd wannabe so my opinions might be skewed.