Page 52 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

Do you guys live in Champaign?

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

I used to live in Urbana. Moved to Fairfax, VA a few years ago.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

I'm from Champaign, I live about an hour away now. But I'm still there on weekends, at least during football season.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Moved back to the east coast after I graduated last May. Everyday since I've been missing it.

I've been watching the exhibition games on the BTN, and I must say that the following people impressed me--I'm going to rank them in order

1. Mike Davis - Guy is athletic as hell. More so than I thought from reading the articles about his game. This is NBA level athleticism. He's gaurd-fast too. He'll be a real player when he fills out. Obviously he's really raw, but I wouldn't mind playing him this season. He can contribute, and I don't doubt that if he's improving as fast as Bruce says he is, he's going to be out of here by the end of his junior season. I love that he's always running on the break and calling for the ball as well as just going towards the basket off the ball. He instantly makes our team better. If I had to compare him to anyone, it'd be Hakim Warrick.

2. Steve Holdren - I really didn't expect anything from him at all. But he's aggressive. I like that. Don't ask him to create though, cause he can't. When he catches the ball at the top and isn't open for a shot, he's in trouble. Nevertheless, I like his mentality. Like his quick release even more.

3. Trent Meacham - I think the prospect of Holdren is making Trent work harder. He's looking for his shot and playing aggressive. None of that pansy stuff he used to do. Right now I'd say he's more solid than Steve. Steve gets OC, but Trent still plays within himself. I see a higher ceiling for Steve, but for now I wouldn't mind Trent being a starter.

4. Demitri McCamey - He's as good as advertise. His body coordination is incredible. He's just so good at throwing around his muscle and using it against his defender.

If I had to redshirt anybody, it'd be Carlwell, though he's ineligible. Dude just looks horrible. A lot of overplaying and getting unneccessary fouls and just a hole on offense. I feel bad cause I know he's trying and you can see he's gifted, but he's not ready. Bill Cole should redshirt too though he's getting the offense better than any of the new players. He's not ready in my opinion.

Carlwell could still possibly get a medical redshirt because of the severe concussion, but that's iffy. In any case, he's our only true back-to-the-basket big man off the bench. We need his size.

I wouldn't want to waste another scholarship year on him because I don't think he'll ever develop into a solid post prospect that Shaun is. I can tell he really wants to play, but I'm just not sure if it'll be beneficial. If anything he's a big, lean body to throw around.

I won't be surprised if no one redshirts.

I hope that's a possibility. Team is pretty deep and seeing how we're pretty good for the future, we don't really need to be redshirting prospects.

Mark Tupper:
    [QUOTE]Weber admitted the redshirt question is still uncertain and he said he may not redshirt anyone at all. My guess is he

Lets go Illinois! 21-14 at the half against tOSU!

28-21 final. Ohio State has nothing on us. At Columbus too. Doesn't get much better.

Illinois playing in a BCS bowl isn't out of the picture yet. If we beat Northwestern, there's actually about a 25% chance of it happening.

Illini in BCS? Follow along

Made that high school varsity squad

grats on the win against the buckeyes. everyone was talking about michigan and the ohio state big game a week before and they both get upset

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Well, it took a little longer then expected (about 2 1/2 years later) but it is a bit of redemption of OSU ending our perfect season in '05. Sylvester did to us what Juice did to them. Knocking them out of the Championship game felt good though.

Hopefully this win brings us some more recruits for the future and keeps us as a strong team for a long time like OSU and MICH. Unlike in '01 when once Kittner left, we were done.

It was a good weekend for Illini sports. Even our rivavls lost, MICH, OSU, MSU dropping in rankings.