Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default How can I buy a doll for my niece?

My niece's 5th birthday is coming up and I wanted to buy her a barbie doll but I'm a guy so would it look weird for me to go and buy it on my own?

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Default Re: How can I buy a doll for my niece?

Quote Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
    My niece's 5th birthday is coming up and I wanted to buy her a barbie doll but I'm a guy so would it look weird for me to go and buy it on my own?
    if they look at your weird, just say its for my niece. why do you care how they look at you?

I'd say grow a pair and buy it yourself.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

tell her you will take her out and let them pick their present if your that worried.

(edit) drunk typo.
    Last edited by Styles p; 06-20-2010 at 03:07 AM.

Good college starter

Thanks for the responses. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't weird or anything because I've never done it before. I wasn't worried about it just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.

Future D1 Dad

buying a Barbie ain't shit, try buying pads for your ole lady. who gives a shit if people notice? twats bleed so u buy pads, kids play with dolls so u buy dolls.

Contrary to popular belief, people are smart enough to figure out that you aren't buying the doll for yourself.

Banned

you should go dressed up as a girl so you don't look odd buying a doll

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Hmmm, let me see if I can explain it.

First, you need to find an establishment where goods can be exchanged for notes intended as legal tender for all debts public and private. Then, once you've done that, you need to locate the section within the store that stocks dolls, and other children's toys. Once you have selected a doll you think your niece will like, take it to a cashier, which are typically found near the front of the store, often in the same area in which you entered the establishment.

Then, you're going to need engage with one of these cashiers. Hand them the doll you've selected. Sometimes rudimentary pleasantries are exchanged. The cashier will then determine the monetary value of the doll you selected, which is often indicated on the packaging of said doll. This is important to note, as before beginning your journey towards said checkout assistant, it is often helpful to know how many notes of legal tender you'll be needing to exchange.

Once your total debt has been tallied up, it will be indicated to you by the checkout assistant your total monetary indebtedness to the establishment. At this point, you're going to need to count out the total necessary funds from your small, flat case, often kept in the back pocket of your trousers, and often also holding items such as photographs and plastic cards with lines of credit assigned to them, to be able to leave the store with your doll of choice, and hand it over the the cashier, who will then return the difference to you, if you payed more than the total price due to not having exact change.

They will also then place your item in a bag, often plastic, and hand you over a paper receipt, which indicates that you now have legal ownership of the doll in your possession. At this point you're free to leave the store.

Hope this helps.
    In the short time I have been here, I have never felt the need to put an emotion after a post. This changed my opinion.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
    you'll be fine as long as you don't do something creepy like drooling or ask if the doll comes with spare undies

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

by her birthday card at the same time.

/thread

Bro I think most general public would assume the doll is for someone else if you're a guy buying it. Dont sweat it.

But then again, you can always flutter your eyes at the cashier, and giggle with your pinky to the corner of your lip and tell them its for you, while blushing.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    by her birthday card at the same time.

/thread
    best answer yet

Decent college freshman

I'm sensing a pedophilic vibe from this thread brah...